Chapter 21: Fire and Water

Still with the OCs:

After Rush and Purple cleaned up (with some help from Mizuko and Aisho's water powers), the sun was already starting to set.

"Do you guys want to come over?" River asked. "I mean, out house isn't much, but I think there's gonna be a thunderstorm tonight, and you don't want to be caught in that.

"Thanks," Morgan said gratefully.

"Come'on, follow us," Aisho said, pulling out a map.

*****Father of Time creates a Time Skip*******************************

By the time they had reached River and Aisho's house, drops of rain were already starting to fall. Not to mention, their house was on a hill, and running up was not pleasant.

"Why," Rush panted as she ran, "Is your house on a FREAKING GIANT HILL!"

"You'll see why," Aisho said.

"It's not that bad," Morgan called down.

"YOU HAVE WINGS!!"

By the time they reached the top, the rain was falling a bit more steadily, although Ashio and Mizuko were able to form a water shield so that the rain didn't soak them.

"Come'on, get in the house!" River yelled.

They rushed inside, and shut the door. "Whew, that was close," River said.

"By the way, can I ask you guys something?" Purple asked.

"Sure."

"First of all, how bad can a thunderstorm be? And second, why is your house on such a high hill. I mean, it doesn't seem like your only reason is sightseeing," she said.

"Okay, to answer your first question, the thunderstorms here are much more... extreme, than, say, the ones in your world." As if to prove her point, a huge rumble of thunder sounded, followed by five lightning bolts striking at the same time.

Rush, Purple, Mizuko, and Morgan all jumped, and looked outside.

"Um, guys? The ground's flooding," Mizuko said. Sure enough, the water outside was steadfastly rising.

"And that's why we built the house on this hill."

Jess's POV.

I stared in shock and horror at the ruins that lay in front of us. "What happened?"

Something raced past me, and I noticed it was Griffin, sprinting towards the town. The rest of us raced after her, running into the rubble.

Houses had collapsed around us, and there were smoking pits in the ground. It seem to be completely empty, so either it was deserted or everyone was......I didn't want to believe that.

Griffin walked out a building. I ran to her. "What happened here?"

She looked upset. "I don't know," she said. "I have− had a friend who lived here, but it's completely deserted."

"They can't be......dead, right?" Jazz said tentatively.

"I don't want to think so. Maybe there was a mob attack and they abandoned the village. But I only scanned the village, maybe someone left a clue of where they went. I haven't seen any bodies," she replied.

I walked around, although all the houses around me were broken and most of them had collapsed. Suddenly, I noticed a chest in the rubble of a broken house. Lukas came over to me. "Find anything?"

"There might be something in this chest," I said. "But it's all the way at the corner of the building, and the nether bricks and other debris is in the way. Can you help me remove it?"

"Sure." Both of us took the side of a huge piece of nether brick, and started to move it. There was only one other long beam crossing over the entrance, and Lukas lifted it slightly, and slipped his sword under, propping it up for the time being so we could crawl underneath. Although there were a lot of other pieces of wreckage resting above it, it looked study enough to hold.

While both of us crawled underneath the beam, Lukas commented, "I'm gonna be really disappointed if there's nothing here."

"Yeah," I replied. "All this dust is making my nose itchy. I didn't even know nether brick gave off dust."

We reached the chest, and I opened the top. To my delight and horror, there was a book marked: HELP!!

"Hey everybody! We found something!" I yelled. They ran over.

"What is it?" Petra #2 asked.

"A book," Lukas started, "and it's la− ACHOOO!!" he sneezed violently, his foot hitting the edge of the beam.

"Look out!!" Jazz yelled, but it was too late.

The rubble collapsed on top of us.

Jesse's POV.

"Speaking of which, can I ask you a favor?" Kitsune asked.

"Sure."

"Do you know where the Dragon is?" she asked.

"You mean the one that's like Steve's spirit animal?" Ruby raised her eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Well, yeah, a lot of us know, but nobody's actually tried to get there," she started apprehensively.

"Why?" Petra asked.

She pointed down, at the pit. I nearly lost all the contents of my stomach from when we'd eaten earlier.

"Ohhhhhhh......"

"Of course."

"This just gets better and better."

"Cool!"

"But can we actually get there?" Kitsune pressed.

"Well, yeah, there is a way to get in without all the burning and stuff. But nobody's actually attempted it," Ruby said.

"Can you take us there?"

"Sure, follow me." She leapt off the island, gracefully dipping up and down, and landed at the next island. "This way!"

We all jumped off and followed her.

Because this chapter doesn't have enough words, might as well put another S&A update here.

Third Person POV.

Steve collapsed on the floor, breathing hard. Apparently, most of the effects of the potion had worn off, but some had lingered. A trickle of blood ran down the side of his face. Alex had tried to wipe it with her sleeve, although it didn't do much. Herobrine watched with amusement.

"Give me bandages," Alex demanded, her eyes steely and cold.

Herobrine smirked for a second, then formed bandages out of the air and threw it at her. "Can't have my animals dying just yet."

Alex made a noise that sounded like the screech of a bird. "You. Will. Pay."

He shrugged. "Good luck."

I'm going to write a undertale fanfiction for my writing class.  I was gonna do something else, but my teacher said it had to be "short".  So yeah, I'll probably post that on here too.
~Griffinᾦ