Chapter 45: Final Battle Part I

Ocs:

Olivia, Lukas, Petra, Axel, Rush, Ruby, Morgan, Purple, River, Ashio, and Petra #2 bolted down the hallways, TNT following into their wake.

"I think we might've made that cannon too well," Olivia commented as they had to dodge TNT as well as mobs.

"You think?!" Lukas swerved away from a stray piece of TNT, nearly crashing into a pigman, if he hadn't slid under it, and kept running.

"I think that you people aren't going any further." In front of them stood Hadrian and Mevia.

Everyone skidded to a halt.

Jess's POV.

"Get Herobrine! You have to weaken him before the curses will work!" Alex shouted. "Steve and I will take care of the mobs!" She sword cleaning sliced through mob after mob, as Steve did the same, each swipe of his sword dusting each mob.

I nodded, waving Jesse over. "Let's do this!" We both rushed at Herobrine. Noticing us, Griffin started to head towards us, her weapon in whip form, slicing out a path for herself. Celestia summoned a wave of water, seemingly not affected by the fact that we were in the Nether, and froze it into spikes of ice, which pierced through all the mobs. Kitsune shadow-traveled into the mobs' shadows, then dispatching them as she moved.

Herobrine held a bolt of lightning in her hand, crackling with energy, as he threw it at us, not caring that he also killed some of his own mobs. We scattered, the white-hot bolt creating a small crater in the ground. Kitsune shadow-traveled behind Herobrine, trying to get a hit in, but had to dodge again, due to him summoning another bolt of lightning where she had just been standing.

Celestia lunged at Herobrine with her longsword while he was distracted, managing to nick him slightly, before having to retreat.

"Ha! You fools really think you can defeat me?" Herobrine growled.

"We don't think. We know," Jesse snarled.

Herobrine's response was another bolt of lightning that struck the spot where my brother was standing, and would've hit Jesse, if he hadn't teleported away last minute.

"We need a plan!" he said, quickly running past me, and we both dodged sideways as Herobrine sent a streak of electricity directly at us.

"Griffin! Kitsune! Celestia!" I yelled out. "I have an idea!" They ran over to Jesse and I.

"What's the plan?" Griffin asked, deflecting another bolt with her staff.

"We have to weaken him. Celestia, you see if you can distract Herobrine. Use water, ice, anything works. Jesse, Kitsune, and I will attack from three different sides, and Griffin, aim from above," I instructed.

"Got it," Griffin nodded.

We split up. Herobrine seemed to currently be focused on me, until Celestia shot a volley of ice spikes, causing the white-eyed man to divert his attention to her instead. With a roar, he chased after the pegacorn host, who responded by swerving sideways, the blocks she traveled over turning into water, which froze into ice. Herobrine landed on the ice, skidding slightly, before melting it instantly, the water evaporating in the heat of the Nether.

I looked across the room, noticing Jesse and Kitsune in place, and Griffin hovering above, staff in hand. Celestia, turning more blocks into ice, slid across the room, Herobrine chasing after her.

"NOW!" I yelled, and we all attacked.

Jesse surrounded his sword in a dark purple aura, and charged, while Kitsune extended her weapon into full length, gleaming silver claws slashing through the air. As for me, I ignited my sword (fire did nothing to Nether mobs, but Herobrine would still probably be affected), and charged. Griffin dove from above, forming a sharp point of wind where she was aiming downwards.

We landed hits at the same time. Herobrine staggered back slightly, but didn't seem to be too affected though. But I was relieved. Herobrine could be hurt. We just needed to hit harder.

Sadly, Herobrine had recovered. There was a crackle of lightning around him as he charged at my brother, fire lighting up his hands. Jesse parried quickly, the flames just missing him as he tried to avoid them. While Herobrine's back was turned, and ran forward, stabbing my flaming sword into his exposed back. He sent a wall of flames behind him, but they washed over me harmlessly. Pushing Jesse back, he grabbed a shard of ice left over by Celestia, and threw it at me, the heat from the fire melting it into water, which, instead of evaporating, put out the flames. I leapt back, accidentally releasing my grip on my sword.

Herobrine pulled the sword out of his back, before it burst into flame as soon as he touched it. The flames, however, weren't the regular red-orange. The sword burst into white-hot flames, causing Herobrine to drop it. Then it disappeared, before reappearing in my hand. The burns on Herobrine's hand slowly started to heal.

I wonder if there's anything here healing him. I thought. Or if he's really just that powerful.

Jesse had regained his balance. With a quick short teleport, he appeared in front of Herobrine, slashing his black sword up at his face. Before Herobrine could react, he teleported away, out of his reach.

Griffin and Kitsune lashed out together, Griffin's whip coiling around Herobrine, temporarily disabling him, while Kitsune attacked, gouging her claws deep into his face. Arcs of lightning crackled on the metal whip, causing Griffin to drop it in shock and surprise. Herobrine grabbed the metal chain, but before he could snap it, it disappeared just like my sword, and appeared once more in Griffin's hand, as a staff.

There was a small crack of white now on Herobrine. It was tiny, but I noticed it right under his eye. The others must've also noticed, because Celestia raised her hand, shards of ice appearing and flying towards Herobrine's eyes.

They never made contact, however, because Herobrine sent a wave of fire through the air, melting the ice. The ground shook dangerously.

Herobrine's eyes glowed white, and suddenly, in a flash, he was gone, teleporting directly behind Celestia. Celestia, surprised, quickly turned around, longsword up, but still was knocked over. The ground rumbled like an earthquake. Herobrine stumbled slightly, allowing Celestia to quickly get to her feet.

That when I realized it wasn't just the ground, the entire room was shaking.

"Umm, guys?" I yelled. "Is it just me, or is–"

Then an entire wall caved in.

So, I've been trying to plan ahead, and I'm pretty sure this story will end up with around 49 or 50 chapters.  Although I'm going to have state testing in a week, so I'm not too sure if I'll have time to finish up the next chapter.  I'll try, though.  Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
~Athenaᾦ