Chapter 31: The Dragon

Jesse's POV.

"The entrance is over here," Steve said, walking over to a side of a the wall. He pressed his hand against it, and the wall slid open, revealing a dark tunnel. "Come on, it's just down here."

Kitsune muttered something under her breath that was unintelligible, but she followed. Petra #2, Axel, Olivia, and I slid in after her, as the tunnel was swathed in complete darkness. Kitsune pulled out two torches, handing one to Petra #2 and one to me. Steve pulled out his sword. Although it was a black blade, it still gave off a silver sheen that slightly lifted the darkness.

The tunnel wasn't very long, and opened up into an enormous room, which seemed to be cut in half by two giant doors.

"The Dragon's right behind them," Steve pointed at the doors. "I can try to follow you, although only the wielder can go through.

"What happens if we try to follow?" Petra asked.

"It won't let you in," Steve said.

I walked towards the door, pushing it open. Steve followed behind me. Immediately, a strong blast of energy burst out, nearly sending everyone behind me, besides Steve, crashing into the wall. Strangely, it parted around me, hitting only the others.

"Go!" Kitsune yelled, her arms in a crossed position to block off the wind. I walked into the room, and Steve followed.

As soon as I entered, the doors swung shut behind me. In front of me, stood a black dragon, its scales gleaming a faint silverish purple. It had green eyes, watching me as I walked up to him.

"Now what, Steve?" I asked, and whirled around when there was no response. "Steve?" I glanced around, and noticed he was in a cage, seeming to be made of sparks from ender pearls. He said something through the cage, but no sound came out.

"What?" I asked. He tried again, still no sound.

What is your name? I heard, not out loud, but in my head.

"Jesse," I spoke out loud.

My name is...Orion. What are you here for?

"Well, Herobrine's back." It was kinda weird talking to the Dragon, he was at least ten times my size, and I had to look up to make eye contact. "And I need your help to defeat him."

Then prove yourself worthy. Worthy of my help.

My mouth was dry. "What do you want me to do?"

*****Outside the cavern*********************************************

Third Person POV.

Kitsune paced around restlessly outside the doors. Axel and Olivia were sitting together, chatting idly. Ruby was trying to scale one of the various rock pillars, sometimes morphing to dragon form for the more steeper part. Suddenly, a flash of light and teleportation particles exploded in the middle of the cavern, and Herobrine appeared. Everybody stiffened.

"Well, isn't this a surprise?" the white-eyed man drawled out, two black blades appearing in his hands.

Kitsune yelled out, her claws extending as she lunged at him. He easily dodged, and she swiped air. Olivia pulled out some redstone items, as well as her bow, and started to set up something. Ruby, who had made it to the top of a rock pillar, pulled out her enchanted bow, and started shooting flaming arrows at Herobrine. Axel pulled TNT out of his inventory, aiming it at him. It was primed TNT, so there was no need to set it off with a flint and steel (when they had finally finished it in Boom Town, they managed to surprise a good amount of griefers because they could jump plop down the TNT and run, not having to take time to blow it up). However, Herobrine managed to evade the flying projectiles, and casually summoned a shield, which the TNT exploded harmlessly against.