Chapter 34: Reunion

OCs:

River burst out of the maze, gasping for breath. The potions had ran out just as they had found the exit, and luckily, she wasn't too far away, so was able to sprint as well as she could through the water to escape. Everyone else had made it through, and they even had a few ladders to spare.

The exit opened up to an underground room, waterfalls falling gently from the corners. The ground was made of mossy stone bricks, grass, and some sand, with small pools of water everywhere, making it seem like a miniature marsh. Sugarcane and various flowers grew around. And standing in front of them, was Celestia.

"Took you long enough," she commented. She had wavy brown hair that faded to blue that was lighter on the top, and darker on the tips. A pegacorn amulet hung around her neck. She was wearing a pale blue tunic, and dark blue leggings. She stood barefoot on a patch of sand. "I was starting to wonder if you got burned by the lava."

"Well, it was kinda hard to figure out," Morgan said, slightly cross.

"Was it?" she tilted her head.

"It doesn't matter," Purple interjected. "We came here for your help. Herobrine's back."

"I've heard," Celestia sighed. "And how do you plan to defeat him?"

"Griffin and Kitsune sent us to get you," Rush explained. "Jess and Jesse are the descendants of Alex and Steve, and they went to obtain the help of the Phoenix and Dragon. Together we can rid Herobrine for good."

"Griffin and Kitsune–oh you mean Aquila and Onyx," her eyes suddenly narrowed. "What about Steve and Alex?"

"What about them? Last time we checked, they were still MIA," Mizuko said. Celestia seemed to relax.

"Well...nevermind. It doesn't really matter anyways. Fine, I'll help," she conceded. "Herobrine doesn't deserve to run around on killing sprees like that." There was an edge of bitterness in her voice.

"Great!" River said. "So...how do we get out of here?" She looked around.

"We'll portal travel." Celestia lifted her hand, and the waterfall behind her slowly lifted, revealing the portal of sea lanterns and prismarine, unlit. She pulled out a blue flint and steel, darker than Jesse's, and lit it. "Let's go. I'm assuming you people know how to find their hideout?" They nodded.

"Wait. Are you guys going to come with us?" Mizuko asked Ashio and River.

"Yeah, we'll come. We can always come back to this world after helping you," River said.

"Are you sure? You can go home if you want. The exit's right here," Celestia pointed at a button on the wall.

"We're sure." Ashio confirmed.

"Well, thanks," Purple said.

They all jumped through the portal.

---

Third Person POV.

"Hey, what's that?" Petra #2 pointed up at a shape in the sky. While they had teleported above the base, the entrance was still somewhat of a walk away, and the area right above the base was layered with obsidian and lava, so it would take some time if they dug straight down.

There was a weird large shape in the sky above them, and Jess had to squint to see it against the glare of the sun. "It looks like..." she paused. "A dragon?"

"Oh, wait! That's Ruby!" Petra #2 exclaimed.

"Who?" Lukas asked.

"Hey, Ruby!!" she yelled upwards. From the ground, they saw the dragon slow down in flight.

---

"Hey, Ruby!!" Jesse heard someone call from below. Apparently Ruby heard it too, because she slowed down mid-flight, circling, trying to find the speaker. And it seemed as saw who, because she started descending slowly, landing gently on the ground, and morphing back. We all fell off in a heap off her back.

"Gee thanks," Axel muttered.

Olivia smacked him lightly. "Be grateful."

"Ruby! Great to see you again!" Petra #2 yelled, hugging Ruby. "I thought I recognized you!"

"Good to see you too," Ruby responded. "Where's everyone else?"

"Wait wait wait. How do you know each other?" Jesse interrupted.

"Ruby used to stay with us, although later on she returned to her own world, the Skylands," Petra #2 explained. "And, well, we split up. Some of us went to get Celestia, and some went with Griffin to find the Phoenix."

"Oh, speaking of which, where's Jazz and Griffin?" Olivia asked.

"Griffin probably teleported someone else, along with Alex. And Jazz...well...she uhhhh..." Petra #2 trailed off awkwardly, looking down.

They realized immediately. "No!" Ruby said, disbelieving. "She–she–" Ruby fell silent.

"What happened?" Jesse asked sadly.

"Herobrine attacked us," was all Jess needed to say.

Everyone fell silent for a moment. Then Axel spoke, "Wait, did you say Alex went along with Griffin?"

"Oh yeah, we found Alex along the way," Lukas explained. "She said that she and Steve escaped from Herobrine, and they split up. Did Steve find you guys?"

"Yeah, we found him. We're assuming he misteleported along with Kitsune as well," Olivia said.

"Well, it'll be nice to finally see the base again," Ruby said.

"Well, we're–" Petra #2 was cut off as they heard a voice shout.

"Get back here!"

"Stand still!"

Everyone looked at each other in surprise, then they all ran towards the sound. The voices were familiar, but it wasn't till they heard "This ends now!" that made Jesse and Jess realize.

"That's Hadrian and Mevia!" Jess gasped in horror. "We gotta hurry!" They ran faster, as everyone drew out their weapons.

They ran over a sand dune, to see Hadrian and Mevia attacking Isa and Harper. It looked like neither had their weapons, because they were both resorting to dodging the weapons. Luckily, it seemed they hadn't suffered any injuries yet, but they were tiring.

"Stop!" Jesse's shout made them all freeze and stare.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is," Hadrian snarled. "I still haven't gotten my revenge, you know." Mevia nodded, and quickly swung her axe at Harper, who this time didn't manage to completely dodge. A swipe caused a gash over her left arm. Harper winced, using her other arm to try and stanch the blood. Mevia lifted her axe over the injured woman. Isa tried to block her, but she was limping on her right leg; they hadn't noticed it earlier.

"I SAID STOP!!" Jess shouted out, and a wall of flames punctuating the statement, a deadly wave of heat racing towards the duo. Their eyes widened, but they managed to quickly erect a wall of obsidian, the fire crashing against it.

Oh, I forgot. They're still technically Old Builders, Jesse sighed mentally. That would make it a lot harder. The fire had parted around Harper and Isa, and they scrambled out of the way as it died.

"You're right, Hadrian," Jesse said. "This ends now."

I tried to finish this chapter before the E5 release, AND BOY AM I GLAD I DID.  I LITERALLY DIED OF FEELS AT THE END. WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TELLTALE WHYYYYYYYYYYY.  THE NEW ORDER REALLY SPLIT UP.  ITS SO SAAADD.  AND THIS IS THE FINAL EPISODE!!
Unless.......
Season 3?
Maybe?

Probably not.......
But maybe........just maybe....
WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
~Griffᾦ