Chapter 18: A New Plan

Now we're back with the present!

Third Person POV.

Footsteps echoed down the hall, signalling someone's presence. Both Steve and Alex tensed up. The stiffened when Herobrine came into view.

"Well well well, if it isn't my favorite prisoners," he mocked.

"We're your only prisoners," Steve spat. "The others were all rescued by Aquila and Onyx's Resistance." Herobrine had come back in a rage that day, yelling and fuming, and taking out all his anger on them.

Herobrine's eyes lit in rage. "Don't bring them up."

"I didn't think the great Herobrine was so weak," Alex taunted.

"Yeah, for someone that captured us after, he really isn't that powerful," Steve added.

Herobrine slammed open the door, and strode into their cell. A long whip that crackled with electricity, and he swung it and them both, sending volts straight into their bodies. They both flinched but refused to show the pain. Steve gritted his teeth and bit his tongue to prevent himself from yelling in pain. Alex made a small hiss of pain, but other than that remained silent.

When Herobrine realized he wasn't going to get a response, he drew out a knife.

Jesse's POV.

"Have you ever tried looking for them?" I asked.

"Numerous times, actually," Purple Person said. "In the orb and on actual ground."

"Basically, they vanished without a trace," Rush said.

"The phoenix and dragon returned to their original realms after they let them go, so you should probably attain their power first," Kitsune said.

"Ok. Sooo......do you know where they are?" Jess asked.

"Uhhh...sort of?"

"What do you mean by 'sort of'?" Petra said suspiciously, crossing her arms.

"We know what world, , they're in. We're just not sure exactly where," Griffin said sheepishly.

"What about Celestia?" Petra #2 asked.

"I think she's still in her home dimension," Griffin said thoughtfully. "You know, the watery one."

"Maybe we should split up?" Jazz suggested. "There are fourteen of us total, we can split up into three groups."

"That's a good idea, actually," Kitsune said. "We could ask the other Old Builders if they could watch this place while we're gone. Let's see, I'll go with Jesse, Petra, Axel, and Olivia. We can go find the Dragon."

"Alright, then I'll take Jess, Lukas, Jazz, and Petra #2," Griffin said.

"Then the rest of us will go find Celestia," Rush finished.

"Alright, we can leave tomorrow then," Kitsune said. "We pack after dinner, then go our separate ways."

The others agreed, and after dinner, we went to check we had everything.

*****In their own room*********************************************

Olivia's POV.

"Do you think we'll need the flint and steel?" I asked.

"They probably have one already, but it wouldn't hurt, I guess," Jesse said, putting the enchanted flint and steel in his inventory. "I'll take this, too." He stored the Portal Atlas with it.

I grabbed my bow, about a stack of arrows, and some redstone items that I always brought in case. Axel packed his TNT, of course, and a regular flint and steel to light it. The others grabbed their swords and some other gear.

After we were done, we all washed up and went to bed.

"G'night," Jess yawned as she went to bed.

"'Night."

"Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams."

*****The Next Day*************************************************

Jess' POV.

"WAKE UP!" someone shouted in my ear, causing me to yelp and jump straight out of bed and land ungracefully on the floor.

"Geez, thanks...Lukas," I muttered, slowly getting up. "Are we leaving already?"

"In a few minutes. Grab your gear, we're going to the meeting hall," Petra said, poking her head through the door.

Shaking my head clear of sleep, I took my armor off the stand, putting it on, then grabbing the other things I needed and left.

Everyone else was already gathered at the hall when I arrived, and not all of them seemed too happy with the early morning call.

"Did you have to wake us up this early?" Morgan yawned.

"It's 9AM," Olivia deadpanned. She was always the first up in our group.

"Oh."

"Everybody ready?" Griffin asked.

Suddenly, I heard a loud growl. We all looked at each other in surprise.

Morgan raised her hand sheepishly. "Actually, could we have some food first?"

We all laughed. "Oh yeah, I nearly forgot," Griffin said. She passed out a bag a food for each group. "Now we're ready."

Kitsune flipped a lever on the wall. We stared in surprise as a portal made of a bunch of different valuable blocks appeared from the ground. She took out her own enchanted flint and steel and lit it.

"Come'on," she said, leaping through.

We jumped in after her.

After we landed in the Portal Hallway, we split up into our three groups.

"When you find what you're looking for, go straight back through our portal," Griffin said.

The hole we had opened was still there, so at least we wouldn't have to find the portal again.

"But how will we find the base?" Axel asked.

"Here." Kitsune handed everyone a potion. It was a clear substance, and swirled with a few particles.

"Teleportation potion. Just drink it, imagine where you want to go, and you should get there," she explained.

"We should," Olivia muttered, although it was still audible.

"Well, there's always a chance it'll fail. But eighty percent of the time it'll work," Mizuko quipped.

"Is that supposed to be reassuring?"

If I remember right, the Dragon is in that portal," Griffin pointed to a portal made of iron and coal, "Celestia's in that one," the portal was made of prismarine and sea lanterns, "and the Phoenix is in that one." That portal was made of magma blocks and glowstone.

"Well then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Petra #2.

"Adventure!" This, surprisingly, came from my brother. (No I don't ship this, just wanted to put it in)

Lukas gave him a look. "You too?"

"I'm so used to him saying it by now, that it feels weird without it."

"Whatever. Come'on," Petra jumped through the iron and coal portal after the others.

The other group ran in the prismarine one, disappearing in the milky substance.

"See ya!" I followed Kitsune, racing through the magma and glowstone frame.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griffinᾦ