Chapter 28: Lost and Found

OCs

After a while of walking, the cavern opened up into another expanse. However, it seemed to just be simple parkour. Well, simple parkour, besides, you know, the lava bubbling under the blocks. The blocks were made of various materials, including some ladders and fences.

"Sooooo...do we just complete it? It can't be that straightforward, can it?" Ashio said suspiciously.

"It sure seems that way," River agreed. "But then where are aiming for? I don't even see an exit. The parkour led upwards and forwards, and faded off in the distance.

"Couldn't we just, like–you know, fly it?" Mizuko suggested.

"It's kinda cramped, but maybe," Morgan launched herself into the air, not completely extending her wings. However, the tips still slightly brushed against the cave walls. She flew forwards, carefully avoiding the blocks and lava. She had only passed a few blocks when she was forcefully flung backwards, slamming into the others. "Or maybe not."

"Looks like we're doing this the regular way," Rush said, leaping onto a block. "Come'on!"

"Yeah, just–uh, don't fall in," Mizuko said, following after her.

*****Time skip- After a lot of jumping***** (I seem to do a lot of these with the OC parts)

The parkour seemed to be going on for a while now, and all of them were getting tired of it.

"How long has this been going for?" Mizuko complained, jumping off a ladder. The parkour had only seemed to be getting harder and harder, and they still hadn't even caught a glimpse of the end.

"Who knows?" Ashio muttered, leaping onto the next block, nearly slipping off the edge, catching herself just in time. "Whew!"

"Wait, is that a button?" Morgan pointed forwards. Sure enough, camouflaged along the stone wall was a stone wall.

Rush, being near the front, leapt up to the block next to it, and pressed it. They heard the sound of pistons, but saw nothing.

"What's opening?" River wondered. Rush pressed the button again. Nothing. Just the sound of pistons. She pushed it again.

"Hmm..." Purple leaned over, not noticing the block starting to crumble beneath her.

"LOOK OUT!" River's warning came too late, as she slipped forward...straight into the lava.

I spent a good 10 minutes or so debating whether I should be cruel and end the chapter there. But then I decided I needed to reach my word goal anyways and continue.

A small scream tore itself from Mizuko's mouth, but it was returned with silence. A tear was just starting to trickle down River's eye when they suddenly heard muffled shouting. Rush pressed the button again, and again, and for a second, they heard Purple's voice.

"Guys...water...jump!"

Before anyone could stop her, River leapt into the lava. However, this time, they noticed that she sank through, and there was no sound of inventory sizzling and burning.

"Well, are we supposed to just, follow them?" Ashio murmured.

"Well, I guess," Morgan leapt in, everyone following.

Jesse's POV.

"Um, guys? We might be stuck in here," I said. They turned around to see the entrance gone.

"C'mon! Can't anything go right?" Petra complained, throwing up her hands in exasperation.

Suddenly, a strange sound, like an ender pearl being thrown, startled all of us, and we jumped around to see someone appear out of nowhere, falling onto the rocky ground. I winced. That had got to hurt.

The man stood up shakily, and I noticed that he had a tan shirt, and dark blue pants. His brown hair was a mess, and there were cuts and scars all over his body. He looked around, confused, then saw us and Kitsune...glaring at him?

"Oh...uhh...I guess I made it to the right place?" he said, flinching under her glare.

"Depends. Where were you aiming for?" She retorted, icily calm.

"Here, I guess," He responded.

"Wait wait wait," Olivia interrupted. "You two know each other?" Next to me Ruby also looked confused.

"Oh, I forgot," the mystery man turned away from Kitsune's scathing gaze. "I'm Steve. Nice to meet you, Jesse."

"Steve?!" I couldn't believe my ears. "But Griffin and Kitsune said you guys disappeared!"

"'Disappeared,'" Kitsune muttered. "Not dead."

I wondered why she was being so hostile all of a sudden. Also..."How did you know my name?" I asked him, slightly suspicious.

"Herobrine talks about you a lot. And when you're sitting in a cell in front of him, there's not much else you can do besides listen."

"Wait, then how did you get out?" Kitsune questioned. Her voice wasn't very sympathetic, but there was a bit of curiosity in it.

He pointed at his wrist, where a thin line of red was. "Alex and I managed to breaking off the cuffs with some random stuff we found laying around, and we teleported out."

"Then where's Alex?" she looked around.

"She said she'd go the the Flame Spikes world while I went here," he explained.

"And you're sure that was a good idea?" Ruby interjected, glancing over at Kitsune, still definitely not happy.

"Well...actually I'm kinda reconsidering."

Jess's POV.

Eventually, we reached a enormous pit in the ground. "We're here," Electra announced. I looked down, and it seemed bottomless, ominous shadows casting into the gloom.

"We have to go in this?" Lukas asked, an anxious expression on his face.

"No," she pointed up. "We're going above it." I looked up. Above the pit, huge reddish-orange clouds floated in the air, high above our heads.

"How are we gonna get there?" I wondered. "I mean, I don't think Griffin can carry all of us, can you?"

"I wish, but no. Can't we just build up though?"

"I mean, I think so..." Electra shrugged. "Although I think I'll leave you guys now."

"What? Why?" Petra #2 asked.

"I said I'd take you here, and here we are. Besides, I need to check up on the rest of our remaining villagers. We need to relocate somewhere, and I want to check some other villages, to see if they were attacked too," she explained.

"Do you need any help?" I asked.

"Nah, it's fine. We know this place well enough, and I think we'll be able to manage."

"Well, good luck," Griffin said, waving goodbye.

"Thanks." She walked back the way we'd came, until she faded off into the distance.

"Well then, I guess we'd better get towering. You guys have blocks?" Griffin asked.

"Well, I guess I can just build with this wood anyways, because we're just building up. We have some dirt and cobble left from Jazz when she...uhhh...you know," Lukas ended awkwardly. We were all silent for a moment.

"Let's just...uhhh...divide up these resources?" Griffin mumbled.

We started to stack up.

I actually finished this a few days early! Cuz we had extra time in class and I was writing. Also, I think I'm coming down with something, cuz I SWEAR my nose is being all runny and clogged. *sighs* AND I HAD A MATH TEST AND I THINK I FAILED....although I wouldn't be surprised if I did...ah well.
~Griff Out!ᾦ