Chapter 10: Escape Plan

Jess's POV.

I leaned against the wall of my cell, trying to brainstorm plans to get out.

"I hope Lukas is okay," I said, more to myself.

"By the way," Isa said kind of awkwardly, "do you, you know, have like, a ...thing..., for him?"

"W-what?!" I stuttered. "Why would you think that?" I hoped I wasn't blushing. But judging from the heat coming from my face and Harper and Isa's faces, I probably was.

Suddenly, a blinding flash flew through the room, and when I cleared, there was Lukas.

"Speak of the devil," I muttered to myself. "Lukas?!" I ran over to him, who was unconscious on the ground. I noticed several cuts on his body, some bleeding.

"LUKAS!!!" I panicked.

"Jess, calm down," Harper said. "Give me a sec, I might have something.

She rummaged through her inventory. "Here." She handed me a healing potion. I took it and trickled some into Lukas's mouth and noticed some of his cuts were starting to fade. He opened his eyes.

Lukas's POV.

I slowly blinked my eyes as everything came back into focus.

"Jess?"

"Lukas? You okay?" she asked.

"Y-yeah," I said, slowly sitting up.

"What did Herobrine do to you?!" she exclaimed.

"Long story short...he tried to torture me to get information," I shuddered, thinking about it.

"WHAT?!" all three of them exclaimed.

I started to explain.

Jesse's POV.

"Anyways, what's the plan?" Axel asked.

Kitsune pressed a area on the table, and to my surprise, it popped open, revealing a secret compartment. She pulled out a blueprint.

"This," she pointed, "is a diagram of Herobrine's prison. We've been diagramming as much as we could, which is quite a bit, thanks to Rush's invisibility."

(I wasn't going to draw everybody in here, so here's a really bad graphic copy of the plan)

"We're aiming to hit here," Griffin pointed at the center, which was marked and circled in red

"We're aiming to hit here," Griffin pointed at the center, which was marked and circled in red. "From our inside source, we found that most of the more important people are here. From what I heard, Harper and Isa are there too."

"Harper and Isa?!" Petra exclaimed. "Well, I did wonder what happened to her after we left..."

"Before Mizuko and Jazz left, we made a plan. They're going to try and dig tunnels through the jail wallsㅡwe gave them some enchanted picksㅡso it'll be easier to get people out when we break in."

"Who are we aiming for?" Petra said.

"Well, your friends, of course. Harper, Isa, possibly Otto or Cassie. Rush also wants to get the Blaze Rods out, so them too. And Mizuko and Jazz."

"When are we going to do it?" I asked.

Griffin smiled. "Tomorrow. Today we're preparing. We leave tomorrow at first light."

Jess's POV.

"HE DID ALL OF THAT TO YOU?!" I shrieked.

Lukas's winced. "Yeah..."

"Herobrine. Will. Pay." I swore under my breath.

The stone bricks trembled behind us. Lukas and I stiffened and Harper and Isa looked at it with narrowed eyes.

The brick trembled some more, and then fell out. A girl's head popped out.

We stepped back in surprise.

"Hey," she said, as if she hadn't just broken through the wall. I was speechless. "Just wanted to tell you that we'll be breaking out tomorrow, so be ready."

Being the smart person I am, I stuttered, "W-what?"

"A few friends of mine are coming to get us tomorrow," she said. "Just be prepared. We've dug tunnels that lead outside, so when they break in, you can escape through there." She disappeared back in the tunnel, throwing some vines over the opened area to conceal it.

"Who's coming for us?" Isa asked towards the girl's turned back. I noticed she had a set a blue wings on her back, lightly brushing against the tunnel.

"You'll recognize them," she said, not looking back.

"No hints?" I asked. I might've sounded doubtful, but it was hard to believe someone was coming for us.

"Mythical creatures," she said, and disappeared back down the tunnel.

"What?" Lukas said, confused. I didn't blame him, I was confused too. But Isa and Harper looked slightly happier.

"What did she mean?'" I asked them.

"Well, I only know of two meanings for that phase. The literal animal, or as a thing of reference, say as in, a name," Harper said.

Comprehension dawned on me. "You mean Griffin and Kitsune are coming to break us out?"

She smiled. "I don't know any other explanation, so yes, I suppose they are."

Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter. But this seemed like a good place to end it, so yeah.  Next chapter will be longer, I promise
~Griffinᾦ