Chapter 17: History Part III

Well, we're still in the past, so I can't really put a POV... actually wait.

Third Person POV.

Herobrine lunged towards them with inhuman speed. Steve and Alex re-summoned their animal's form, and parried. The other three tried to hit from the side while he evaded, but Herobrine swung his other sword backwards, knocking both Erin and Astra sideways while giving Epona a long, jagged cut across her abdomen. She staggered to the ground, flashing red.

"Epona!" Astra ran over to her, helping her up.

"Ugh...poison..." she muttered.

"Here." She handed her a healing potion.

"No, it'll just be wasted," Epona said, pushing it back. "Poison will just deplete it again. If I die, I want to go down fighting." She grabbed her weapon, a longsword, and stood up, bracing on the handle.

Steve, Alex, and Erin were all in the middle of battling Herobrine. Even though he was being attacked on all sides, he was still able to evade and attack at the same time. As Epona and Astra joined, he smirked, then drove one sword to the ground, throwing them all backwards.

Steve and Alex were able to use their swords to stop, Astra her claws, and Epona, despite poison, her longsword, although Erin had to use her wings, spreading them completely out and landing on them awkwardly.

"Owwww... I'm fine!" she yelled to the others.

Now that they were distracted and disoriented, however, Herobrine had made his move. He lunged toward Alex, zipping behind her and raising his sword. Her eyes widened...

"NO!" Epona shouted, and lunged forward, taking the hit... straight to her heart. She disappeared into her inventory.

"No...No... YOU MONSTER!!" Alex burst into flames and lunged forward, catching Herobrine slightly off guard, as he laughed, finally have gotten rid of one of them. Although he took a heavy hit from Alex, he didn't seemed bothered at all, blocking the rest.

Steve picked up his sword, and teleported behind Herobrine, managing to get one hit in before he was knocked back. Astra and Erin dashed into the fray, both weapons knocking Herobrine back. Steve grabbed the Command Block, and used it to bind him to the ground.

"If we want to do it now, two people will have to...sacrifice themselves......" Steve trailed off, looking guilty.

"Come'on, we'll do it," Alex said, standing straighter up.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Astra asked sadly.

"Because you would've tried to find another way," Steve said. "And there is no other way."

"Not even if we sacrificed...ourselves instead?" Erin said, so quiet it was barely heard over Herobrine's attempts to free himself.

Alex's eyes widened in horror. "No.......you can't. We can't lose you too!"

"You're more important than we are. You were destined to defeat him," Astra said, taking the block from Steve.

"It's alright," Erin said. "Good-bye."

"We're so sorry," Alex said, a tear actually trickling down her face.

"There was never anything to forgive. This is our choice."

Jess's POV.

The orb faded to black. I looked at the others in horror.

"What..." my voice faded away.

"Everything after that...well...is history," Griffin said. None of us noticed she walked in with Kitsune.

"Let's go eat," Kitsune said. "Dinner's ready."

*****Meeting Hall + Food (a.k.a. The essence of life)**********************

Jesse's POV.

I was still thinking over everything as we ate. The other members of the Resistance were also there, scarfing down the food.

"Food is the essence of life," Rush mumbled through a mouthful of food.

"Agreed."

"What happened.........after.........you know......uhhh......" I tried to not sound rude.

"Steve and Alex returned, alone. They told us what happened. I'm not going into the details of that. But they disappeared a while after, and nobody knows where they went," Kitsune explained. "We gave up our names after that. It was too painful to remember."

"Actually, we believed they gave up their powers after that. Returned the Phoenix and Dragon to their homes. Honestly, we don't know what happened to them after," Griffin confessed.

"How do you know?" Petra asked.

"Anyone with a creature link can sense each other, in a way. The only way the connection can be broken is if the powers are giving up, or.........if they're dead."

"Do you really think they're dead?" Olivia said.

"Wait. They're immortals, right? A immortal can't die, can they?" Axel said.

"It's...complicated," Griffin said. "Technically, they can't, but they can be, I suppose. You know about Steve being his nephew, right?"

We nodded.

"Yeah, the immortal family tree is very twisted. I'm not even going to go into it, just know that technically because Herobrine was Notch's brother and Notch created Steve, Steve is technically Herobrine's nephew."

"That doesn't even make sense," Jess said.

"Don't bother trying to figure it out. They explained it to us a long time ago, and to this day we still don't get it," Morgan said.

"But, then does that mean that they could still be alive?" I asked.

"Well......" Griffin started hesitantly, "Yes. Yes, I suppose they could."

Hmmmm...should I end here? I mean, I think you already have a premonition of what happens next so......

Yeah let's continue why not

Third Person POV.

A light-orange haired woman leaned painfully against the side of her cell. Her light green shirt and brown pants were torn and ragged. Cuts were scattered all over her body. Steel cuffs links chained her to the bedrock wall, and her wrists were bloodied and bruised. She closed her emerald green eyes, and took a shuddering breath.

The tan man also chained next to her looked at her in concern. His brown hair was messy and had some streaks of blood, and his aqua colored shirt and dark blue pants were also ripped. Actually, he did look at lot like Herobrine, besides his dark blue eyes , which were dull.

He shifted his leg slightly, wincing at the pain. "I think my leg's broken," he muttered. It was bent at an odd angle, and flared with pain every time he moved.

"Speak for yourself, I'm ninety-nine point nine percent sure I've broken my arm," She replied. Her left arm, like the man's, was twisted strangely. "And the sad thing is that I can't even heal myself. Heck, I can barely move."

"Yeah, these power-suppressing cuffs are not fun," he agreed.

They were silent for a minute.

"Hey, Alex?" He asked.

"Yeah, Steve?"

At least we're together," he said, holding her unbroken arm.

"Yeah."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!  Btw, this is the last History chapter, so after that we're back to the present.  I actually got a few good prequel ideas, if I ever write one.
~Griffinᾦ