Chapter 32: 2/3 Mission Accomplished

Ocs:

Luckily, they all landed on a wide platform, just a few blocks under the floor. The top closed up as soon as they all landed. Mizuko peered over the edge. "I think this is a dropper."

"You mean like one of those things they did in the Games? Where they competitors had to avoid everything while falling?" Morgan interjected.

"Yeah, it looks like it," Aisho confirmed.

"Please don't tell me we have to do it," River said in a quiet voice. The others looked back at her. She was shrinking away from the edge.

"You have acrophobia?" Purple asked, eyebrow raised.

"Well...yeah..." River peeped over the edge, then pulled away.

Rush looked down over the edge. "Well, at least this one seems generally easy. We can see the water from here." The path downward was designed with various shades of blue, from wool to prismarine and diamonds scattered around the falling area. The hard part seemed to just be the aim. The water was a mere speck of dark blue–at least, they hoped it was water. It could be that trick of putting glass over water...or barrier blocks.

"Well, you think this one is flyable?" Morgan opened her wings.

"Wait, shouldn't we–"Rush started, as she jumped off, aiming towards the water just in case. "Ooooor not."

Surprisingly, Morgan was able to fly down. Of course, it was slightly challenging avoiding the scattered blocks, but she made it down in one piece, minus maybe a few feathers from when she'd crashed a couple times. The problem was, the rest of them, besides Mizuko, still had to jump.

"Wait! How about Mizuko and I just bring the water up?" Ashio suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea," River said hurriedly.

Apparently, Celestia had not thought about the fact that there might be people with hydrokinesis, or maybe she was one herself, but either way, they were able to lift up the water, and Rush, Purple, River, and Ashio all jumped into the water, as Mizuko and Ashio let the water slowly drop to the ground.

"Where do we go now?" Purple asked, as they all landed on the ground. There didn't seem to be an exit.

"Hmmm..." Rush dove in the water, then popped up. "There's a passage down here! How did we not notice that?"

The others dove in, eager to see what was next. The water level lowered as they continued, and eventually, they came to a stop at an entrance.

"What is this?" Morgan asked, peering curiously. It looked like a giant block of water, then then she noticed the walls made of blue stained glass. "Ohhhh...it's a water maze." Everyone groaned.

"Can you lower the water?" Purple asked.

"Not much. We can only control water, not create or get rid of it. We would need to have a wider area to move the water in order to disperse it," Ashio explained. "We could use signs, I guess. Or ladders. Or doors. Trapdoors would work too probably. Actually, I think ladders require less wood, so I think ladders would be best. Anyone got wood?"

"I do have three potions of water-breathing," River added in. "Although they're only three minute ones, since we didn't have enough redstone at the time to prolong it, so I don't think I'll need any."

It turned out that with all the wood they had combined, they had around fifty-six blocks of wooden planks, minus the four it had taken them to make a crafting table. Making them all into sticks gave them one-hundred and twelve, and then crafting all of that into ladders gave them forty-eight ladders in total, which gave each of them sixteen ladders, since both Ashio and Mizuko could breathe underwater and River had her potions (I have just wrecked my mind calculating this idk why I even bothered).

"Try not to use them unless you have to," Morgan advised, preparing to jump in, as River took a drink from the blue potion.

They dove into the water.

Jess's POV.

"Well done," Alex complimented, as I slowly walked out with her.

"That was...interesting," I said thoughtfully, fingering the phoenix pendant that now sat around my neck.

"Everybody gets something different," Alex explained. "Some things that shouldn't be discussed." I decided to drop the subject.

Griffin, Petra #2, and Lukas were waiting for us outside. Griffin's eyes lit up as she saw the amulet around my neck. "Great! You did it! The Phoenix accepted you!"

"Yeah, she said her name was–" I started, but Griffin cut me off.

"Don't say the name. Names have power." I nodded, shutting my mouth.

"So now what?" Lukas asked.

"We go back." Griffin pulled out the teleportation potions we had gotten at the beginning. "Just imagine where you want to go and it should take you there. I'll share with Alex, if we miss I can navigate us back to the portal hallway."

"Why doesn't she just teleport? Or use Jazz's potion?" Petra #2 suggested. "Since, well...she...you know." There was an awkward silence.

"Since she what?" Alex asked, then her eyes widened in realization. "Ohhhh......I'm so sorry! And I can't teleport across worlds too much. It was risky enough doing it out of Herobrine's palace. Also, I don't know where or how your base looks, so I can't really use a potion."

"I think Jazz's potion either burned into lava or we didn't see it," Griffin said. "Because I didn't find it when we picked up her inventory. So I'll share, and you guys go."

I imagined the interior of the base, and splashed the grayish-clear potion, and everything went black.

Jesse's POV.

"Nice job," Steve patted my back.

"Thanks," I replied.

Ruby pulled out a few potions of healing, and handed one to Axel and Olivia. She held one out to Kitsune, but Kitsune waved it aside. "I'm fine."

"You sure?" Ruby took a sip of her own.

"Yeah." Her eyes brightened when she saw the amulet around my neck. "Nice! So the Dragon helped you then?"

"Yeah, he said his name was–"

"Don't tell me," she said, cutting me off. "The names have power–better not said."

"So do we head back now?" I asked.

"Actually, can I come with you guys?" Ruby spoke up. "I want to help."

"Are you sure?" Olivia asked her.

She nodded. "I know where this world's portal is," she assured us. "And I have a key." She pulled out a enchanted flint and steel that had a red glow around it. "If I remember right, your portal's the gold and coal one, right?" Kitsune nodded. "Alright, then I'll go now.

"I suppose I can share one potion with Steve," Kitsune muttered grudgingly. "If we end up somewhere else, at least we should be able to find our way back to the Hallway."

"Well, thanks," Steve murmured quietly.

I took my potion, imagining the base, with its quartz walls and wooden ground, and splashed it onto me, as everything swirled and blurred together, then faded to black.

Annnnnnd I'm back!  (Hopefully it'll stay that way....)  Story updates should continue as usual again, unless something comes up.  Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griff Out!ᾦ