Chapter 8: Explanations

Jesse's POV.

I woke up in a strange room. Where am I? I wondered to myself. Suddenly, all the events came back to me and I sat up straight. Surprisingly, all of my stuff was still in my inventory. The others was still unconscious next to me. I looked around the room. Besides the fact that there was an iron door, it didn't seem to resemble a prison, in fact, as I looked down, I realized I was also lying on a bed or something.

Petra stirred next to me. "Ugh... slamming into a wall does not help your head." Then she sat up straight. "Wait. Where are we? And my head still feels awful." she groaned.

I glanced at the table. There was a small bottle there, with a note.

This is for Petra. Sorry for slamming her against the wall by the way. And knocking you guys out.

~Griffin and Kitsune

I handed the bottle to Petra. "Here."

She eyed it suspiciously. "How do you know it's not poison?"

"Well, it's not green," I said.

She sighed. "Fine. If I die I'm gonna kill you." She drank the potion. "Actually, I feel much better now. The headache is gone. Now we should probably try to figure out how to get out of here."

Both Axel and Olivia stirred next to us. "Where are we?" Olivia muttered as she slowly sat up. I quickly explained.

"Actually, we still have everything in our inventory," I said.

"We do?" She looked through her inventory. "Oh yeah, here's my sword, my pick..."

Suddenly the door clicked. We tensed as Griffin and Kitsune came in. Petra pulled out her sword.

"Told you she would," Kitsune said to Griffin. "You owe me."

"I hate you." Griffin pulled out three diamonds and tossed it to Kitsune.

"You guys were betting on us?" I questioned, eyebrow raised.

"Maybe." neither of them seemed worried about the fact the Petra still had her sword out and the rest of us were still armed.

"Why did you knock us out?" Petra demanded. Her grip on the sword tightened.

"Geez, calm down!" Griffin said.

"You knocked us out," I pointed out.

"You broke into our base," Kitsune retorted. "We do that to everybody who breaks in."

"Shouldn't you know who we are?" Axel asked.

"Yeah, we were testing how well you could react to us." Griffin said.

"I think you just enjoyed it."

"That too."

"Anyways, you drank the potion, right?" Kitsune addressed Petra.

"Yeah." I could tell she was still suspicious, but she had put her sword away, so at least she was starting to trust them. Or I hoped.

They sighed. "Seriously, we saved you once, and no words of thanks?" Griffin muttered. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"What? You never saved us!" Petra said.

"Who do you think sent that griffin and kitsune to help?" Kitsune said sarcastically. "Out names aren't Griffin and Kitsune for no reason, you know."

"Herobrine caught Jess and Lukas," I pointed out.

"Yeah, we know. The blond guy and the Phoenix."

"Oh, yeah. Herobrine called me Dragon. Do you know why?" I asked.

"Wait wait wait," Olivia interrupted us. "That legend was true?"

"What legend?" I asked her.

"Back when we were at Harper's lab, Axel and I found this hidden book in her library talking about it." Olivia explained.

"Ohhhhh, that one. I remember writing that story," Griffin said thoughtfully.

"You wrote it?" Axel said.

"Yeah. We'll give you a copy later if you want to know more. But for now, let's go get something to eat. We have a meeting later too, so you can meet the others."

"The others?" I asked.

She turned around and smiled. "Did you really we were the only ones fighting Herobrine?"

Lukas's POV.

Herobrine led me through a maze of hallways and stopped at a room. Inside, there was just one chair. He made me sit down in it.

"Now," he said. "Tell me everything about Phoenix. Or Jesse, as you call her."

I firmly shook my head. "No."

He grinned evilly and pulled out a......dial. "Now."

"NO!" I yelled. Herobrine smirked and twisted the dial, and I felt a huge jolt of electricity run through me, causing me to collapse onto the ground with a groan.

"Still so sure?" He turned the dial higher, and I screamed as electricity coursed through my body. However, I still refused to say a word about Jesse and the others.

Jess's POV.

I slowly blinked open my eyes. The blurry faces of Harper and Isa looked at me from their own cell. "Ugh... what happened?" I slowly sat up.

"Herobrine knocked you out and took Lukas," Isa explained.

I felt bad for Lukas. "It was my fault he was taken," I said sadly.

"There was nothing you could do," Harper comforted me.

"But if I wasn't knocked out, then I might've been able to stop Herobrine!" I shouted.

"Don't worry. Lukas is a tough guy. He'll be fine," Isa said.

"RIght now, there's nothing we can do. Believe me, we will escape. But right now, we have to wait," Harper said.

I nodded. We would escape.

OC forms are now closed. Next chapter will be introducing all the OCs and I probably will put some in the cells with Herobrine. If you want to be somewhere specific, then comment or PM me. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Griffinᾦ