Chapter 13: Run, Run, and Did I Mention? RUN!

IDK if the first one posted, so I'm posting this again.  Its not showing up, but if you already read chapter 13, this is the same thing.

Jess's POV.

Everybody jumped to see Herobrine right behind them. "RUN!" I yelled, voicing all their thoughts as everyone took off. There was no time to get into the minecarts, he could follow us through.

Rush immediately turned invisible and bolted, leaving sand behind in her wake, Purple Person teleported away, and Mizuko opened her wings and shot off into the sky. Everyone else ran for their lives.

However, little by little, Herobrine was catching up to us. Lukas was weighing me down as well. I was more of doing slow leaps and was staggering as I ran. And although the potion had healed my foot enough, it was starting to hurt again as I continued. Soon enough, Herobrine would catch up with me. Actually, I wondered why he hadn't just teleported in front of us yet. Maybe he was trying to trick us into a false sense of security. Or maybe...

He was trying to find our base.

It occurred to me: Herobrine had never found their base. They must've hidden it well enough away, and the underground network was enough to prevent being tracked. But now that all of us were above surface, we were vulnerable. Suddenly, I nearly tripped as Lukas nearly fell off my back and I tried to realign myself. Mizuko landed next to me. "Give him to me," she ordered, and I helped Lukas onto her back, she took off, slightly staggering in the air, but flying nonetheless. "Don't head towards the base!" I called out towards everyone.

"Weren't planning on it!" someone else–I think Rush–yelled back.

"Good!" Someone else yelled.

The problem was, I still had no idea where we were running. I had no idea where Griffin and Kitsune were, and Herobrine was still catching up. He accelerated, catching up to Jesse, who was behind me, and grabbed his by the neck.

"LET HIM GO!" I yelled, seeing him start to choke. Everyone else started to slow down, watching the predicament unfold.

"Why should I?" he asked, deliberately drawing out his words, grasping his neck tighter.

Petra charged him, sword drawn, but Herobrine simply flicked his hand towards her, as if shooing away a fly, and Petra flew backwards into the air, slamming into Mizuko, who if not already for Lukas weighing her down, hand to deal with two people clinging onto her. She opened her wings, trying to glide, but they ended up crashing in a heap on the ground. Ouch. That had to hurt

I noticed Jesse starting to turn a shade a purple in Herobrine's grip. He let go. "Can't have you dying just yet."

Suddenly, Herobrine flew backwards as if propelled by an invisible force. However, he managed to stop himself and hover in the air before falling. "WHO DID THAT?!" he thundered in rage. None of us moved.

A small figure emerged into view. She was followed by four others. Then I saw that it was Griffin and Kitsune, followed by Morgan, Axel, and Olivia. Griffin slowly raised her hand. "That, was me."

Herobrine turned menacingly. "You."

"Me," She agreed.

There was a split second of silence, then Herobrine lunged at Griffin with superhuman speed. She whipped out her staff, and blocked his blow from a diamond sword he was holding. He lunged for her side, forcing her to slide sideways, changing her staff to ship form and curling it around his blade. He flicked his arm sideways, the same way he did with Petra, but I guess she used the wind to pull her back, because she was still standing, and the wind started to swirl around her, forming a small sandstorm around the two. When the dust cleared, you could see them both, weapons to each other's throats. Neither of them seemed very concerned for their lives.

"I seen you've gotten better," Herobrine growled at her.

"I've seen you've gotten worse," she retorted.

"But you weren't expecting this!" and his arm moved faster than I could blink, and shot a wall of fire at me.

I held my arms in front of me, bracing the worst. But when I opened my eyes, the fire seemed to have cut around me, forming a shield. "What?" I could only say, as it died.

Herobrine stared at me for a minute, for a second, surprised. Then he smiled slyly. "So, the phoenix has learned to control her powers, hasn't she?"

Being the clever thinker I am, the second thing I said was, "What?"

Griffin's face was a look of absolute rage. "You can hurt me," she spoke her voice laced with venom. "But hurt my friends, and I will make you regret it." The look on her face was absolutely terrifying. I did not want to be one the receiving end of it. She tightly gripped her staff, holding it out in front of her. A blinding light enveloped her, and she started to glow, forcing us to look away. When it faded, I saw a translucent image of a griffin glowing around her, and her eyes had turned a strikingly green.

Herobrine didn't seemed fazed, however, he just lunged at her once more, calling another sword into his palm. They collided once more.

"I am the brother of Notch, creator of the world," he said, almost taunting her. "You can't defeat me, even with you augmented power."

"No," she replied. "But I can buy time."

She glanced at us, and the look in her eyes clearly spoke. Go. Now.

I glanced at the rest of them. "But we can't leave you!" I yelled at Griffin, who was staring down Herobrine.

"Go," she said, keeping her eyes on him. "I'll be fine."

"Come'on," I noticed Kitsune slowly start to move away. "She'll be fine."

"Where were you two?!" Petra hissed at her.

"Long story short, Olivia, Axel, and Morgan decided to get themselves separated, so we had to go find them," she explained.

Morgan looked indignant. "We didn't intentionally get ourselves lost."

"You did anyways. Come'on, we should probably head back before Herobrine notices us."

"How are we gonna get back?" Jesse asked, wincing and rubbing his throat as he spoke.

"I can try to shadow-travel us all back there," Kitsune said.

"Just don't throw us all in China again," Rush said teasingly.

"China?"

"Don't ask."

"Umm, ok"

"Everyone grab on to me," she said. We all took hold of each other. Well, except for Purple Person, who was teleporting on her own. She pulled all of us into the shadows.

Again, sorry for the no update. Question for you guys: Would you be interested if I wrote a RWBY fanfic? I have some ideas, They're not completely though out but I'm thinking about writing one.
~Griffinᾦ