Chapter 47: Final Battle Part III

Third Person POV.

River leapt at Mevia, axes clashing together in a shower of sparks, while Purple's dual iron swords clashed against Hadrian's enchanted diamond.

Ashio shot an arrow, grazing Mevia in the arm. As she stumbled back, Petra #2 slipped behind her, stabbing her enchanted sword at the exposed back. Mevia only managed to slightly dodge, the sword taking off a chunk of her health.

"You two really think you can defeat me?" Mevia challenged.

"Yes. We can beat you," River asserted.

"Hmph. Like you c–oomph!" Purple flew directly into her, knocking her down.

Hadrian had managed to knock Purple back directly into Mevia. Purple quickly leapt over her as she swiped up with her axe. Hadrian had disarmed her of one sword, but she still had her other one, and she lunged towards Mevia along with River. Mevia blocked them both with her axe, River's on her blade and Purple's along the handle.

Ashio shot an arrow, and this time it hit directly on Mevia's shoulder. There was a wince from the blue-haired woman as she strained to throw off the two pressuring her. Petra #2 quickly slid under Hadrian's attack, and rushed towards Mevia, disarming her from behind, and knocking her against part of the broken wall.

"Hmph. Weak," Hadrian scowled. He grabbed a potion from his inventory, and Petra #2 noticed the dark pinkish-red color.

"It's a strength potion!" she called out, and Hadrian grinned as he drank it down, readying his swords.

Petra #2 turned her attention back to Mevia, but it was too late. A potion was in her hand, and she drank it right as Petra #2 swang, teleporting away somewhere else. Purple growled in frustration. "Well, at least we only have one to deal with now." She glared at Hadrian.

"Fat chance, sport." Hadrian charged.

***

"Alright! Two more spawners to go!" Lukas shouted above the din.

"And of course it has to be the pigman and wither skeleton ones," Rush grumbled.

"Petra! Behind you!" Lukas called out. A wither skeleton from the spawner has snuck up behind her. Luckily, Petra heard him in time, stabbing her sword backwards into the skeleton's rib cage, causing it to disintegrate immediately.

"Lukas! Give me your pickaxe!" Petra yelled. Lukas threw it into the air. It soared directly at her. Neatly snatching it, Petra slid behind the next skeleton that spawned, using the pick to break the spawner, before dusting the skeleton.

"Where's the last spawner?" She asked, looking around.

"Up there!" Olivia shouted from across the room. She had been standing on a short pillar of blocks, just out of the reach of the pigman, and shooting them from above. The spawner, as the others saw, was directly across from her, a good five blocks off the ground.

"Can you fly another piece of TNT to it?" Axel asked Morgan.

She shook her head. "It's too close to the others, and if it misses the spawner and hits the ground instead, then everyone else could get injured too."

"Which means we have to build up and destroy it," Rush grumbled.

"Actually, I think I can fly up and destroy it," Ruby tilted her head, looking up at it. "If you can distract the pigmen, I'll do it."

"Alright!" Olivia shot another arrow, killing another pigman.

Standing in a circle around Herobrine, who was still in the forcefield, Jess, Jesse, Griffin, Kitsune, and Celestia held up in their mythical form. Jesse pulled out the enchanted invisible block, holding it out warily.

"So, how do we do this?" He wondered out loud. Suddenly, it floated out of his hands, much to everyone's surprise. "What–!"

The block started to pull things into it, almost like...the Witherstorm. However, it was only blocks, and everyone could still stand in place.

"What's it doing?" Jess shouted.

"I don't know! It's sucking up blocks!" Jesse yelled back, watching in horror as the block no longer seemed to be transparent, but turning a dark grayish color.

"Umm...Jesse? It's not only taking blocks..." Celestia looked around warily, and that's when they noticed it was now pulling them in too.

"Guys–!" All five of them were pulled into the block.

***

Across them, on the other side of the room, the TNT seemed to have stopped firing. Which meant it was either out of ammo, or it blew itself up.

Rush sighed. "I'm not sure whether I should be happy it stopped or annoyed."

"Probably a bit of both," Lukas shrugged.

"Well, at least it'll give me a clear shot to the spawner," Ruby said, transforming.

Petra nodded. "We'll distract the pigmen."

Ruby leapt into the air, aiming directly for the spawner, while everyone else cleared away the remaining pigmen. There was a small burst of flames as the last spawner was destroyed.

"Done! Finally!" Axel sighed in relief.

"Whew!" Morgan landed on the ground, glancing at the white dome that contained Hero– "Wait, guys? Where's Herobrine?"

Herobrine was gone.

***

"Where are we?" Griffin asked, her voice echoing in the dim lighting. They were all floating in what seemed to just be empty nothingness.

There was a burst of light, as the five mythical creatures appeared around them. The Phoenix, Dragon, Griffin, Kitsune, and Pegacorn appeared before them, each in their own form. It lit up the dim area, creating a white glow surrounding them.

"Whoa," Jess breathed.

Suddenly, Herobrine appeared in the middle of the group, causing them all to draw back instantly.

"What?" Herobrine glared at them all, trying the lunge forwards, but he was seemingly held back by something. That's when they noticed the ethereal white chains binding him down, from his wrists to his feet. The chains themselves, however, seemed to infinitely continue downwards, into the darkness. There was a crackle and a small pop of electricity, before it faded quickly.

Jess tried summoning a small flame, but it sputtered and died after a few seconds. "What's going on?"

This is the final battleground. The echoing sound of the Dragon's voice resounded in their ears. Only the winners will escape.

"W...winners?" Jesse said, shocked. "How do we know who wins?"

FIGHT. There was a shriek of the phoenix's caw.

Herobrine's chains disappeared, as a platform appeared under their feet. Immediately, gravity seemed to take hold again, as they all fell onto it.

"Well then," Herobrine grinned once more, two swords in his hands. "This will be fun."

Whew! I finished this chapter early so I didn't have to try and rush one during the state testing this week. *sighs* The only good thing about it is that we get no homework during the week :D. Anyways, does anybody watch Hunter x Hunter? It's an anime I got into a while ago (there's a manga too), and I've been ever so slightly addicted to it for a while, along with Tower of God (a webtoon). Although I'm not sure if anyone reads webtoons on here, haven't seen many fanfictions about one. I've written a little for Tower of God that's posted on AO3, though, if anyone does read the webcomic and wants to check it out. (Jeez, I just realized how long this A/N was) Hope you enjoyed the chapter!
~Athenaᾦ