Five

Caitlin and Barry walked into the lab where Iris was waiting for them. She looked up at Barry and gave him a weak smile, which he returned. 

"So i looked into both Stacey and Joanah, I crossed them through the C.C.P.D database and this is all I got. They met when they were 20 while working in the US military. They retired and decided to travel. They came to Central City to see the Particle Accelerator being turned on."

"Jonah said that before the accident and her disappearance she was scared of something. She kept saying that it were just nightmares but he was worried that she was hiding something," explained Caitlin. 

"Do you really think that she was killed or turned into a metahuman in the whole ordeal. Nothing happened to Jonah, I mean what if this is just something to do with her having s last that had caught up with her. This has nothing to do with metahumans," spoke Cisco.

They all looked at him with curious eyes. With everything that had happened in the past 2 years, it was hard to believe that anything  can be that simple. Besides they still had the invisible guy to be worried about. Who was he and what he wanted with Stacey?

"Where are we with the theory of how Stacey's finger prints got on the photo?" Asked Dr Wells.

"Not yet. Do you think that she would have come to look through the file herself?"

"Right now we can't really rule out anything," stated Barry. 

                              //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Barry wait, can we talk for a second. I know things hasn't been great between us," called Iris. 

"I have to go, Joe messaged asking me to have a look at the crime scene."

"Barry i know I was upset because you didn't tell me that you decided to quit your job at the CCPD because you were trying to protect Caitlin. I would have understood  but laterly you have been distant. Have I done something wrong?" 

Barry stopped and turned to face Iris. The truth was he even didn't know what was bothering him. He had become so focused on keeping everyone safe including Iris that he had become distant. He wanted to stop the future of where Iris is killed stopped. He placed a hand on Iris's shoulders as  smiled at her.

"I just think I have over worked on saving people and keeping this place save that I may pUsed you a little. But promise will make it up to you." Without another word he kissed her on the forehead and ran to Joe. 

                                 //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Hey Joe, what you got for me?" Asked Barry as he came to the scene of crime. 

"You are lucky that I got this place for you. Thought you may need some evidence for STAR Labs."

"Thanks. Okay so we saw him visible but then he disppeared but then returned."

"Someone that can make themself invisible, why would they make themselves visible. Wouldn't have it been easier to steal it?" questioned Joe. 

Barry thought about what Joe said. He was right, they hadn't even though about it. Then it hit Barry, "what if that is his limitation. He can only be invisible for a short time?"

"Then you may have an advantage of him. See it's starting to look good for us,"joked Joe.

                      //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin noticed Iris little tensed. She had been noticing for a while Iris and Barry had been acting strange with each other. She liked Iris and Barry and her seem to have a connection. They both cared about each other and she wanted him to be happy. 

"Hey Iris, everything ok. I'm sorry don't want to impose or anything."

"Hey, no worries. Yeah I think it will be all good now. Just been worried about Barry. He has so much on his plate. How do you do it? How do you not stress and worry about Barry everytime he goes out those doors?" Asked Iris.

Caitlin paused as she thought about it. She took the seat next to Iris and smiled. "You know when Barry first started to put on the suit and go out I treated him like Ronnie. I was always so scared to have him go out and out himself in harms way. Even know everytime he goes out, I worry. I care for him and I don't want to lose the people that I love. With all this I also tell myself self, that lightening chose Barry for a reason. He is using what he was given and I can't be selfish and protect him when he can be saving so many lives."

Silence fell as the two ladies sat there watching at the empty cabinet where Barry's Flash suit is placed. They both cared for Barry and wanted him save but they both knew that in reality they had to let him be the hero that he is meant to be.

                            //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Barry we may have a lead. Someone fitting the description of Stacey was spotted at the Central Park last night. She was wearing a blue hoodie jacket and was acting strange. The video recording isn't as clear to probably identify her. We are trying to locate her. Looking at close by areas in which she may possibly be hiding," reported Cisco. 

Ok, we did good for toady. Go home and we will start the search tomorrow. Besides I have something to take care of."

"You mean Iris," added Caitlin. 

Barry smiled a little. It was funny how Caitlin and Cisco always knew him too well. Even though they had known each other for s short period of time, at times it felt like they knew him better than he knew himself. 

"Yeah, we are trying to spend more time together. With everything that is constantly happening, thought we deserved a... Break," replied Barry. 

"Like I said Barry, you of all people need time for yourself. You are always looking out for us, you also have needs and wants," joked Caitlin. "We'll let you go. Have fun with Iris and will keep you updated with this.