Thirty Four

Cisco and Wells came back to the Labs the next morning and found Joe sleeping on the chair next to Iris.

"Hey Joe, did you stay here all night?" Asked Cisco. He went though Iris's charts. "She seems to be stable and nothing indicated to any changes."

"Yeah, she slept through the night. Don't know if that was a bad or good thing." Joe yawned.

"It's good, that means that she is recovering and staying stable. Body and mind is recovering."

"Hey, when did you guys get in." Barry came in carrying coffee for all of them.

"We just came in, you coming in now."

"Nah, he came in early and went to get coffee."

"Guys we may have something here," called Wells. "We had this tracker running through the night and the facial rec may have found our friends."

"What we got?"

"After leaving the the location we last trace them, their car was seen on cameras around Jackson and North Street."

"And from there they were seen checking into Norton West Motel. The cameras at the reception shows them going in. But then again we can't really rule out that they left without being recorded."

"We really need to get them. Non of us are safe and don't even know who is the next target."

"Guys, I have them recorded around the factory where Caitlin was attacked," said Felecity.

"Wow, you scared me," jumped Cisco. "Wait what. When was that taken?"

"The camera next door caught them there 3 hours ago. They are still there."

Barry zoomed out there. He stopped when he arrived at the location. It was exactly as the same as the first time that they had come there before. He looked around trying to find them but not being caught. "Guys, I'm here blind. Is there any way to find out where they are," whispered Barry in his ear piece.

"I still have eyes on all entry of the place. Even if they leave we will know."

"We have some action happening. They are are on the other side of that factory. Barry there are three of them. Ethan and Stacey have someone else with them," said Cisco.

Barry zoomed to the other side and saw the car pulling out of the loading docks. Barry zoomed and stood in front of the car. The car swelled out of and hit the barrels. He went to it and opened the door to find find Stacey at the drivers seat.

"Are you sure there were three people. Stacey is the only one here and she isn't looking too good. She hit her head."

"Barry be careful, Ethan is invisible and he can be anywhere. Be alert."

Barry looked around trying to keep an eye out. "Do you think he still is working on staying invisible for a long time?" 

"We will find out soon enough."

Something hit Barry in the stomach and he went down to his knees as pain shot through him. He looked around to see what it was and before he could do anything something else hit him and he hit the car. Stumbling to his knees, he got up. Looking up he saw Ethan slowly reappearing. He stood next to the car and slowly pulled Stacey out of the car. She got up and followed Ethan. 

"Guys they are getting away and I think I have broken my leg and ribs. They aren't healing fast." And before he knew it, Ethan and Stacey were turning the corner. Barry got the biggest shock when he saw something that he wasn't sure how he was going to explain it. There was three people that were there and all three of them were getting away. Barry stood there in shock. 

                                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"What happened out there Cisco. They once again got away and do we even have a way to track them," Joe said. 

"No not really but we aren't going to give up. I'm going through all the footages of every camera around the city. We will know everywhere they go."

"Thanks Felecity, keep us updated."

The monitors in the room started going off and they saw Iris shaking and trying to get up. Joe was by her side fast and tried to settled her down. She looked around focused on her surroundings. She tried to calm herself down and slowed her breathing.

"I got you baby, you are safe and we are all here." 

She tried to removed the breathing mask from her face as she tried to say something. Wells stopped her hand and pulled the mask off.

"Iris, are you ok. Try not to speak at the moment. You have been unconscious for three days. It's all good and whatever happened with Ethan and Stacey is over and you are here with your friends and family," said Wells. 

At that time Barry zoomed back in the room and was by Iris's side. He held her hands and tried to keep her calm. Everyone was gathered around Iris as she drunk some water. Finally once she was calm and her heart rate was normal she closed her eyes and took normal breaths. 

"Where's Caitlin?" She said finally.

All went quiet as they didn't want to break the bad news to her. She as already fragile and telling her the truth and especially the fact that Barry had to choose between saving one would break her heart. But how long were they going to hide the truth.

"Iris, we need to tell you something. It's not good news," started Cisco. 

"I will listen to you all but where is Caitlin. Did you get her out in time?" 

"That's what this is about. I got you out in time but I wasn't able to get to her location in time," said Barry.

"What are you talking about? Couldn't get to the location on time? This all isn't making any sense.." 

Barry, Cisco and Wells looked at each other in confusion. What was she going on about. What did she know and what was she trying to tell them?

"Barry did you do back for her. They had her tied up as well and she was trying to get away. She was trying to save me but it didn't work."

"Iris what are you saying?" Asked Joe. 

"Caitlin, she was there. She was unconscious and couldn't move but she still tried to help me. She fell in a gap and couldn't get out."

"Iris was she there the whole time."

Iris nodded in response. 

"She was never at Grand Canyon National park. That means Caitlin was never pushed off that cliff and that there is small chance that she is alive," said Barry. He smiled as relief flooded him. There was a small ray of hope there and now he had a reason to fight back. If there was a chance of her being alive, there main goal was to get her back safe.