Forty Three

Caitlin was in the hotel room alone. This gave her a second to think back to all that had happened. It was hard to come to terms with the possibility of there being nothing that could be done for her. Suddenly the room was losing focus and she was battling with darkness. The darkness was winning and the scary thing was that she was letting it win. She wasn't fighting it and she didn't have the strength to call for help. The next thing she remembered was falling and hitting the ground hard.

                                    //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry stopped at the Labs with Ethan and Stacey and dropped them off at the particle accelerator cells. He was about to zoom out when Stacey's questioned stopped him.

"Ironic, that the place which was the cause of my life becoming a prison is the same place where you will leave us. How are you going to save Killer Frost?"

As if someone had hit him with a metal pipe, this question hurt him. As much as he hated Stacey, her question was valid. They hadn't figured out how they were going to help her and if what they found out before, she didn't have much time. This delusions was going to kill her soon.

"I'm not going to let anything happened to her. I will die trying but not let her get hurt because of me again." And with that he was off.

"Cisco, Wells do you guys have any idea of how you can help her?" asked Iris.

They looked at each other with a blank face. They had become so focused on saving Caitlin and catching Stacey and Ethan that they didn't pay much attention to this problem.

"Well, now that you have Stacey, cant you use her blood samples to see what makes her abilities and a way to reverse this," suggested Iris.

"Hate to be the barer of bad news but how are we going to get her to give us her blood sample?" questioned Wells.

"We have to find a way. Its life and death for Caitlin and I vote on saving her at all cost," said Cisco.

"I'm with Cisco," agreed Iris.

"Then lets do this."

                           //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry arrived again at the hotel room and found it empty. He looked around and called Caitlin's name yet there was no reply. He contacted Cisco on his earpiece, "Cisco, Caitlin isn't here. I don't know where she went. Is there anyway to get into contact with her or locate her?" he asked. He didn't know why but he had a feeling in is gut that something wasn't right.

"Sorry, I cant get through to her but Felicity is trying to locate her."

Barry zoomed out to the main street where in an ambulance and C.C.P.D cars were parked. Joe was talking to Kevin and he came to talk to Barry when he saw him coming.

"Do you have them secured?" he asked.

"Yeah, they are back at S.T.A.R Labs. Hey did you see Caitlin come down?"

"No, isn't she still up there?"

"I looked around but she isn't. I thought maybe she came down. I'm starting to feel something is wrong. She wasn't feeling like herself earlier and now this."

"You have to think positively. The hard part is done. And I know you can find her."

Barry was interrupted before he could answer by Felicity's voice. "Barry, this isn't good. I have managed to track her down and I hope that this is wrong and all."

"What's wrong? Where is she?"

"According to the tracker on the earpiece she is still there... on the roof of the hotel. I'm trying to get a satellite image but you need to go up there and check."

Before she was even finished talking, Barry was already running towards the stairs and up to the roof. He came to a stop when he saw it. Caitlin was standing on the edge of the roof looking down. Something about her was different.

"Cait... Caitlin, step away from the edge. Its me Barry, its all over. We have Stacey and Ethan and we have a way to save you."

She didn't say anything but continued to look down. Barry noticed that she was shaking.

"You cant help me. You tried once and look where we are now. We are once again where we started from. I have something that I don't want and we don't really have a solution. Why do you keep kidding yourself Barry. I'm no longer that person that you met when you woke up. I'm different, I'm a monster and I will continue to be one."

"Caitlin, we have talked about this. I said it before and I'm saying it now again. I'm not giving up on you."

Caitlin turned around and finally looked Barry in the eyes. Barry looked at the sadness, anger, fear, confusion flash in her eyes. Deep down he knew that he was lying to her and giving her false hope, since they didn't really have a cure of this all yet. But he was going to try.

"Barry, I'm losing my mind but in all this one thing is clear. I cant change the fact that she is more powerful than me and there will be a time and soon when she will take over and she will hurt the people close to me. People I care about, you and I cant let that happen."

"And I cant let you take your own life. When there is a problem, there is always an answer. You may hit rock bottom but you will always raise up. You always told me that so don't tell me that you don't know what to do."

There was silence for a few seconds as Caitlin thought about what Barry had said. Then she finally broke this silence. "I'm sorry, I hope that you will forgive me and I know you will be the great hero that you are destined to be," whispered Caitlin.

As if Frost had frozen him where he stood and unable to move Barry watched in shock as Caitlin turned around and slowly moved towards the edge and started to climb the ledge of the building. Barry's mind yelled and screamed to run and stop her but the shock was too much. He couldn't move or speak and he hated this feeling.