Thirty Five

Iris had calmed down and was sitting with Barry. She watched as Barry was deep in thought. He had a blank expression on his face but she knew something was bothering her. She kept asking where Caitlin was but no one had answered. They all went away saying that they had work to do and Barry would explain everything.

"Barry, we have sitting her for a while now and yet still you haven't told me what is going on. Where is Caitlin and what happened to Stacey and Ethan," said Iris placing her hand in his hand.

First time since they were sitting there, Barry looked at Iris. He couldn't bring himself to look at her after all that had happened. "It's all a mess. When you guys were taken, it was a nightmare here. We tried to find both of you and then finally we had contact from Ethan and Stacey. They said that they wanted to see how fast I was. They wanted to challenge the fact that we have taken what they see as a disaster and made it into something that gives hope to the city. They threatened us with one of your lives."

Iris listened in silence and Barry could see her trying to process this. She couldn't understand where was going with this. Caitlin and her were at the same place and Ethan knew about Barry's speed then what was this all about?

"We weren't expecting them to have split you up and taken you that far. We were told that in two minutes both of you would be hanging for your life and I had to choose who to save. They told us that you were at LA Docks and Caitlin was held at Grand Canyon National park. It was the hardest decision to make on who to save. But thanks to Felecitys help, we manged to locate both of you in time. When I went on save Caitlin with plenty of time, they had already pu..." Barry stopped, even though they now knew that she was possibly alive and not even there. The idea of her being pushed still bothered him.

It bothered him to know that even though he would give his life to save her, he still wasn't able to protect her. He was willing to do anything to see she safe and sound.

"Barry, I get it. I understand why you left and didn't check for her but you also can't blame for what happened. They lied and what we thought was a genuine hatred and just them letting out the anger that they felt has now turned into a crimal act. They see themselves as monsters because they have turned themselves into monsters. What happened here and how they got their abilities doesn't change the fact that they have resort to killing people to get them what they deserve."

Barry watched Iris and knew that she was right but one fact still bothered him. "Iris, Oliver always told me that I get the job done but I rush into things. After training and dealing with so much I honestly thought I was getting there but knowing the fact that Caitlin was right there, I left without checking. I trustEd those two over my better judgement. She was there hurt for all we know and trying to help you. Knowing the fact that she was there makes me angry with myself."

"Barry, knowing the fact that she is alive should fuel you to find them and end this all for once. We may not have too much time yet there is still hope," smiled Iris.

That's when she notice something. Something lite up in Barry that had been missing from him. When she mentioned proecting Caitlin and fuelling himself to find her, Barry got a sparkle in his eye. Caitlin meant more to Barry then he realised and Iris could see in his eyes. Iris wasn't sure what they shared between each other was same as what Caitlin and Barry shared but at that moment Caitlin's return was important.

Everything around Barry started to loss focus as after listening to all that had happened brought him back to a familiar memory. He was once again in pain looking at the direction in which he had seen Ethan reappear in. Following his glance he saw Stacey regain her balance and start to run. Someone else was laying on the ground unconscious. Ethan picked her up and started to run out. When the face of the unconscious person became clear Barry froze. Shock taking over his every emotion. 

Coming back to reality he realised Iris and Cisco were watching him and it was clear that they were trying to get his attention. 

"Dude, you ok. It was like you zoned out or something."

"I don't know how didn't realise this before. Even then I was unsure if that's what I really saw and now I know for sure it was real. I thought i was losing my mind." Barry notice the two watching him with confusion. "Guys, I saw Caitlin. She was unconscious but breathing and Ethan was trying to get away from me. She was with them the whole time and we believed what they said." 

                                          //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

On the floor laying in a pool of blood, The Flash begged for her to listen. On the other side lay Iris not moving. Kneeling down, she placed a hand with smoke coming out on his chest, a smile spread across Killer Frost's face. Her cold glance followed Flashs as she saw him watching Iris's lifeless body. 

"I thought we were friends and cared about me. I thought that maybe this time you would keep your many promises. But clearly only you cared about your happy ending." She raised her hands and a crystal appreared. "I won't let the Flash make anyone else's life a joke. 

With a swing she was about to stab his chest when she suddenly stopped. Closing her eyes, she tried to refocus what was happeneing. She opened her eyes, "wake up Caitlin, wake up. This is what they want and I can't let them win. You care and about Barry too much to let this happen. WAKE UP CAITLIN," yelled Caitlin.