Eighteen

Caitlin woke up covered in sweat and panic in her eyes. She looked around the dark room as she tried to calm herself down. It had been all just a dream and yet again it had felt so real. She felt like she as there in and she had frozen Barry to death. What was happeneing to her?

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"You agin In that dream killed him?" Asked Joe. Caitlin has called him to Jitters as she really needed to talk to someone.

"Yes, it was exactly like the previous one. Why do I keep dreaming of killing Barry?"

"There is more to this. We have to talk to Ethan. Maybe it is time to do as Stacey has said."

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin and Joe stood in front of Ethan was again had a smile in his face. "I knew you would come back. Stacey didn't lie to you. Things will get worse."

"What has she done to her?"

"You have to let me go to know the truth. I may also be able to help you, make it less painful."

"Son of a bitch, don't you dare talk to her like that. I will shoot you."

Caitlin held and pulled Joe back. "Do you really think this is all worth it. Barry will be mad if we give into his demands."

"Barry doesn't know what you are going through. You don't want him to either so yes this is our only option. Fine we will let out go, but first tell us the truth, what has Stacey done go here?"

Ethan thought about it before he answered. "It's her ability that she got thanks to you guys. She can effect you by making you live your worst nightmare. Your dreams become more and more real the more you see it. You start to live it."

"Your worst fear is that you kill Barry. And the way you are killing it is as Killer Frost. Caitlin I think after what happened last time, it has become your greatest fear. You fear that you will turn back into killer frost and this time kill him."

"Love to stay and chat but it's time to pay up your side of the deal. I will tell you the rest after I'm out."

Caitlin opened the doors with hesitation. Ethan came other and stretched, "it's great to be out. Thanks."

Before Joe or Caitlin had time to do or act on anything, Ethan disappeared and Joe went flying back hitting his head and passing out. Caitlin shocked tried to run to the door when Ethan reappeared. "There is no point in running. What Stacey has done will kill you itself."

And with that he pushed her to the side and disappeared.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin opened her eye slowly and Dr Wells familiar face appeared. It was out of focus but it took a while to it come into focus. She got up and saw Cisco standing over Joe who also got up.

"What happened here?" Asked Dr Wells.

"We had a hunch on Stacey and wanted to double check with Ethan, he attacked us and escaped," lied Joe.

Caitlin looked at him confused. Why would Joe lie and cover for her?

"We have to find him. The lab was also broken into. Still going through what was actually stolen."

They went out and into the main lab. There they saw the computer was on files and the room was a mess. Had Ethan been looking for something?

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"So much is happening and I know you are working had on this, but I hope you are taking care of yourself as well," said Iris. She gave him a mug of his coffee and sat down.

"I'm like you said this is a full on and confusing case."

This was partly true. He was a little distracted with the whole kiss thing with Caitlin. He has tried to forget it and pretend it was for work thing but it was something more for him. But it couldn't be more. He was with Iris and he worked with Caitlin. She was his best friend. But she was always there for him. Since the first day he woke up from the comma, through his training and on every mission. No he can't think like that. He is with Iris and he loves her. In the future they are going to be married.

Just then Barry's phone buzzed and messaged revealed the incident at the lab. Iris and Barry both left to check out what had happened.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin was back in the particle accelerator room. She was pacing around when Barry entered. He looked at Caitlin and slowly came closer. She turned around and she and a ice crystal stick I her hand.

"I have been waiting for you. You took your time."

"Caitlin, please. I know you are still inside that cold body. You have always been there for me and I need you."

"Don't you dare compare me to that weak, pathetic Caitlin. She was weak and she was a pushover. You couldn't even protect her."

She took a step forward and before she could stab Barry, he moved and pushed her. She was about to hit the wall when Barry rushed and stopped her. He pulled her instead and pinned her to the wall. The ice stick flew out of her hand and landed on the otherside. She pulled Barry close and kissed him. She held him close and Barry tried to pull his self away but she held him tight. She kept kissing him and Barry started to freeze. The temperature dropped and he was starting to pass out but managed to push himself back. In the process he threw Caitlin to the other side. She lost her balance in the proscess and hit her head on the corner of the monitor screen.

Getting up she felt blood dripping down. Clearly she had cut her head in the fall. She saw the ice stick on the floor and she picked it up and stabbed Barry before her could do anything. He bleed on the floor as she stood over watching.