Forty Five

Hi, after thinking long and hard, after many brainstorming I finally came up with my next story plot line. I hope that this will be just as loved by my readers as this was. It is going to be titled 'Memory Unlocked'. Will start it soon so keep a look out for it. Thanks.

Memory unlocked now unlocked. Start reading the new story as I have published it.

                               //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry paused after finally yelling out what he had been thinking for so long. At first it felt werid admitting it to her out loud especially since he always thought that Iris was the only one that he could love. At the point suddenly the desire to know what she felt and thought started to build up. Barry realised that Caitlin was no longer struggling and was not fighting him. She was now calm and facing down. She was still breathing heavily and slowly it was calming down. Barry was relifed to see her calm down. He let her go and slowly took a small step back. She stood there not moving to anything. 

"Cait...." But befor he could even finish saying her name, she stumbled where she was and in a split second, she fell back. Barry acting fast, stepped forward and put out his hand and she fell into his arms. Barry slowly tapped her face trying to get her attention. 

"Caitlin, Caitlin, wake up. Are you ok?" He asked as he continued to gently shake and wake her up. He then realised that she was barely breathing. He picked her up into his arms and zoomed off the roof and made his way back to S.T.A.R Labs. 

Once arriving there he placed her on the bed and within seconds everyone gathered around her and Cisco quickly brought out the medical equipment. They were the experts in that field since Caitlin was the one that dealt with the medical stuff but she needed help, fast.

"I have attached her to the monitors and it is recording her heart rate and pressure. It's low, very low but still there. Barry we need to get her to a hospital. Soon," informed Cisco. 

"I have already called Dr. Wyatt. He will be here and it's better to have this dealt with inside then in a hospital. We don't even know what is wrong here," said Wells. 

Barry had stopped listening. He was watching Caitlin who was now lying there barely chest raising and falling. What could possibly be happening to her now. If anything happened to Caitlin, so help him God, Barry was willing to kill Stacey and Ethan. 

                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2 weeks later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry sat next to Caitlin's bed where she still lay unconscious. Tubes and wires ran through and around her monitoring her heart rate, pulse, pressure and all. Barry and the others had no choice but to wait and see what happened as even Dr. Wyatt didn't have a clue what was going on. They couldn't find anything wrong with her but it still worried them to the fact that she still hadn't gained consious. Cisco and others were working on a cure for the nightmares that Stacey's ability had caused. 

"Barry, it's been 2 weeks and you need to take some time for yourself too. You have been by her side and I know she will appreciate it but she won't be happy to know that at what cost you did this," said Iris as she sat down next to Caitlin's bed. 

"I told her you know," whispered Barry.

Iris looked up and had a look of confusion on her face. Then she understood what he meant. At first she didn't know what to say but then she smiled and placed her hand in his. "It's about time you admitted it to her and yourself."

"That's the thing. She passed out so I don't even know if she heard me or not. I can't lose her without her not knowing how I feel. I want her to know that she has me, us and she can get through this all."

                                // ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ flash back ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Barry, we need to talk," said Iris. She gestured for Barry to take a seat next to her. She was still being monitored after the whole nearly dying experience. 

"What's wrong?" 

"You know, being held in that place for god knows how long I got it think about a lot. I always knew that you were coming but I thought about all the times that we had. But I also thought about the moments where you had to put others before me or even yourself. Then I thought about lately how we had this gap between us."

"Iris I'm willing  to do anything to keep you safe and this, whatever it is isn't a permanent thing. After this all is over we will go on a vacation."

"You deserve a vacation... But not with me."

Barry looked at her confused.

"Barry honestly look into your heart and without lying to me or yourself tell me who is there. Who is the one that you want to hold and who are you scared for most of all."

Barry fell silent to this. He paused and when he went to answer, he wished he could say Iris but he knew that was going to be a lie.

"She means more to you than you think. She is the one that you worry about and she the one that makes you the happiest. You two are too blind to see it but everyone around you saw it first. So why waste time. Promise me the first chance you get, you will tell her the truth. No matter what." 

                          // ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ present time ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Trust me Barry, she will be fine. You have lost too much but you aren't going to loose her."

Barry watched Caitlin and a small lay of hope rose inside him. This ray shine brighter when he saw her fingers move slowly then her hands. She was starting to twitch and her eyes rolled. He came closer and stood by her side and watched her as she slowly opened her eyes.

The first thing that Caitlin saw was Barry's face.