Forty Seven

"Are you sure you are ok?" Asked Cisco. "I know you want to get this finished and over with but you are still recovering from whatever she did to you."

"I think I have had enough of sleepless nights and I can't handle the whole horrors of sleep." 

Caitlin and Cisco were analysing the blood samples of Stacey and trying to find a way to reverse the effects of what she had done. At the back of her mind, it was frustrating Caitlin not being able to remember what had happened in the past weeks. She kept telling herself that it was better not to remember but then again what had she missed.

"Do you know what's happeneing between Barry and Iris. It feels like I have missed something there?" 

At this Cisco stopped what he was doing and tried to act normal. He wasn't really sure what was happening but he was sure that Iris and Barry had had a talk about his feelings for Caitlin. Was it all about that? "I don't know. I mean with everything that has been happening, I guess they need some them time," lied Cisco. 

Caitlin just smiled in return and was studying the blood sample when she heard a familiar voice. Looking up she saw the friendly face of Felecity. She had a huge smile on her face and she was speechless for a second. 

"Oh My God.... Thank god you are alright. I heard that you had regained consciousness I was so happy. It's all in the past right. No more threat for them right?" 

"Yes, we have managed to capture them and they are locked up. Now we are working on reversing the effects of her abilities," Caitlin filled her in. 

"So you don't remember much from the whole ordeal?" 

"It's all like a mixed puzzle piece. Only remember bits of the whole thing. The more I try to remember the more if feels like it's going away. But I do know that you had so much to do with my safe return. Thank you so much Felecity. I owe you," smiled Caitlin. 

"Anything to keep this little justice, crime fighting team safe," joked Felecity. "Let me know if I can do anything."

And with that she was gone and Caitlin and Cisco continued to work on a cure. 

                                      //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Are you going to tell her how you feel? I mean we all see it and it's time she knows too," said Cisco. He sat down next to Barry. 

"What... Wait... You know?" Said Barry confused.

"Dude, we can see the way you have been looking Caitlin. Actually I knew from the first day that you two had something special."

Barry blushed slightly. Was it that obvious. He had never thought about their relationship in that way and he had always been focused on Iris that had he looked past Caitlin? 

"Dude, you need to stop over thinking these things."

"It's not that simple. I already told her how I feel, all of it." 

"Anddd..."

"She passed out and was consious for 2 weeks," said Barry sarcastically.

"Oh, well that just means you have to have a go at it again." 

Barry knew Iris and Cisco were right but he also cared about the friendship that they shared. If Caitlin didn't feel the same way then it could be disastrous for all. 

                              //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin sat on the chair as Cisco filled a needle with a serum. After working on it for hours, they managed to find a possible cure for the effects of Stacey's abilities. They had managed to isolate the molecular that changed and revserse the effect. Now they had to test it out.

Cisco injected the needle as everyone watched. Nothing happened so that was a good sign. All they now had to do was wait Caitlin to sleep and possibly dream to see if the serum worked. 

"So what you said about Stacey's powers," started Iris. 

"From what I'm able to gather or we'll remember, she was saying something about her powers allowing her to make others feel and live their worst nightmares. This way she was able to pass the nightmares to others and have a normal life. That is why she hated the S.T.A.R Labs and for what they did."

"I'm glad you are ok and that this is all over," spoked Joe. 

Everyone went back to finishing off what they were doing and Joe came up to Barry. 

"Are you ok? You been very quiet with all that has been happening." 

"What... Nothing. It's that a lot had happened and we haven't had really any time to just relax. Now that's all over." 

"Bar, I spoke to Iris and she told me everything."

Shock and surprise shone on Barry's face. He didn't know where to start. The last thing he wanted was to hurt Iris or Joe.

"Relax, I know it's been hard on you. What you think I didn't notice that things weren't the same between you two. Also I knew Caitlin and you had something special, just like I knew you were in love with my daughter for years. It's okay to fall for more than one person. That's what makes you human. Just not wasting time and letting them go is important."

"You're not angry about Iris and I?"

"Bar, I want all my children to be happy and do what they want. That includes Iris, Wally, Cisco, you and Caitlin. We are a family here and I can't ask someone to give up their happiness for someone else. That would just make us all unhappy. Listen to your heart, just like I said to you before." 

After listening  to Joe, Barry felt better. He knew what he had to do and there was no point in making excuses. He had to find  Caitlin and clear the air. 

                            //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin sat at the desk typing on her computer when suddenly the room around her started to shift and then it went blank. Her head felt heavy and full but she was unable to concentrate on what was happening. Then flash of images went past. What had happened and the first traumatic experience that she had gone through. It was like someone had played a silent movie. It all flashed by but nothing made sense. It was too fast and blurry to make out. She tried to make sound of it but no luck. 

Unable to take it anymore, she got up and made her way to the lifts. She had to get out of here. She needed fresh air and time to think it all. Had the serum revsersed the effects or made her crazier?

Dear readers, 

Im sad to inform you that next chapter is going to be my last chapter on this story. However, please read more on SnowBarry on my next story entitled "SnowBarry Memory Unlocked."

Thank you.