Forty Eight

Caitlin inpatiently pressed the button for the lift. It was all getting too much and she needed air. The doors opened and she got in. She was about to press the button to go up but she paused and then pressed the down button.  She had to do something before she could give the mind rest. 

The doors opened and she was now staring at the hallway that led to where Stacey and Ethan were kept. Gingerly she got out and pressed the number that brought forward Stacey's cell. She knew that she wasn't going to get any answers here or even what she was doing  here but she needed to see them. 

"Well well well, look who decided to show up. Looks like you woke up," smiled Stacey. 

Not entirely sure what she meant, Caitlin tried to keep a straight face and not allow Stacey to get any certification of them being a step behind. 

"Whym were you hoping that I had died from what you did. I told you before. I have friends who care and will do anything to help the people they love. I also told you that they were willing to help you and Ethan but you were so hell bound that you didn't care."

"You still don't get it do you. They try and help you and when they can't fix what is broken they put us in here. I'm exactly where I told you they would put me," yelled Stacey. 

"I feel sorry for you, you know. Even though what you did anD all I do feel sorry for you. I know that you met Her and she is just as cold as you are but I know better. I still have a part of me that wants to believe that good still exists, I want to believe that til people like Cisco, Wells, Iris, Joe and most importantly Barry exists, people like you will have to fight their hardest because they will win over you. And why just them, I know you have read the files and know about others out there fighting day and night to help their city."

"Big words coming out of someone that fears herself killing her friends," said Stacey. "What, you really think I didn't know what scared you so much. I know that you fear killing them and that is a battle that you will continue to fight till... What's her name, oh yeah Killer Frost is alive. But I do have to admit, while you were struggling with your nightmares, somethings or someone kept pulling you back."

Caitlin thought about what she said but couldn't remember what it could have been. However, she was glad she had someone like that to bring her back from the point from which she couldn't come back. 

"I do wish that you could also experience the bond of friendship and true companionship but you chose the path of distruction and revenge. That never makes anything better and greed is something that will haunt you for the rest of your life." Caitlin closed the door and walked away. She didn't know if talking  to Stacey would help her remember but it sure made her feel better. She was glad to have been found and gotten the help she needed. She was halfway down the ramp when it happened again. She felt dizzy and the room was gone. She was surrounded by black canvas and images were playing. She couldn't make out what it was. It was all happeneing again. No sound but flashes of images. Trying to narrow down one image at a time she tried to concentrate but the more she tried to focus the more heavy her head became until it felt like it became harder and harder for her to breath and then darkness took over.

                              //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Hey guys, have anyone of you seen Caitlin. I went to get some coffee and she was here working and  now she is gone?" Asked Iris.

"Maybe she went home. It has been a long and hard couple of weeks for her," answered Wells. 

"Nah but her car and bag and all is still here. She would have told someone if she was going." 

"Cisco, bring up the camera feed and see if you can locate her somewhere in the building," said Barry. 

Lookin through the footage, all watched to find Caitlin. It was alarming as they still didn't know if the cure worked or not and she still may be in danger of hurting herself or someone else.

"There," called Joe pointing at one of the screens. She went down to the prison," panic rose in Joe voice as he continuesd, "she is unconscious on the floor. Barry go." 

Barry ran to her side and brought her back to the medical area. There Cisco and Iris were ready with the mointors. They attached her hands to the pulse and heart rate to the screen. Everything seemed normal. 

"Guys, I don't know what is happening here. I mean looking at all this and for all I know, she should be fine. I don't know why she passed out or why she isn't waking up," said Cisco. 

They all watched confused at what was happeneing. The one person that could help them with this was the one that was in need of help. Did they make things worse by injecting her with the so called cure or did it work. There was too many questions and no answers and this frustrated Barry. 

Caitlin moved and slowly opened her eyes. She looked around waiting for her eyes to focus and then the room became clear. She saw the familiar faces of the team and she relaxed. She was safe from whatever had just happened out there. 

"What happened?" Asked Joe in a slow calm voice.

"I don't know. Something happened and I needed to talk to Stacey so I went down there. When I was coming back, I felt heavy headed and this images flashed and I can't explain it but then I passed out. M I loosing my mind?"