Nineteen

Joe and Wally came to the labs the next morning and found Caitlin already there. She didn't look like her usual self. She was sitting at the lab table working on something but she looked like she hadn't had much a sleep. Joe knew why.

"Wally can you check up on Finn. I need to talk to her in private." Wally nodded and left them alone.

"You had those dreams again last night didn't you?" Asked Joe.

"They weren't just dreams this time. Ethan was right when he said that it would get worse. This time when I got hurt in the dream..." Caitlin pause. She slowly turned around. Joe taken aback slowly came closer. There was a cut on the right side of her eye.

"How did that happen?"

"In my dream, Barry pushed me and I hit my head. That why I woke up. Ok this may sound crazy but my head was bleeding. The same place as in the dream. And there is more. When I woke up, I was in the particle accelerator room exactly where the dream had taken place."

Joe looked at her with concerns. Caitlin looked tired and she was scared. He wished he could help but they had no idea what they were dealing with. Would it get worst like Ethan had said?"

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Joanah sat at his desk going through his business case files. He stopped and took out the file on Stacey that he had made. He head heard about her being sighted back her and he wanted her back. He stopped when he heard footsteps. He turned around but no one was there. He pulled out his gun from the top draw.

"Whose there?" He called. "I have a fun and I will shoot."

The door opened and to his surprise, Ethan appeared. He walked followed but Stacey. "Stacey, I can't believe it's you. Do you know how long I have been waiting for you. Since the day of the explosion, I thought you were dead but I never stopped looking for you."

"Don't you dare pretend that you actually cared about me. You should have known that I would have left you. Living with you was a nightmare and it was killing me slowly. Because it you i pushed away my family and friends. Now you will know what it is like to live with and in a nightmare.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Barry, you gave the hotel reception a photo of Stacey and Ethan. Told if they showed up to contact us. We got a call just now. They spotted Stacey going up to his room. If Stacey is there, there is a chance that so is Ethan."

Barry sped and changed into his suit. He was out of the lab leaving behind a trail of papers.

He came into the room and found Joanah on the floor unconscious on the floor and no sign of Stacey or Ethan.

"Guys, Joanah is here. He is unconscious but barely breathing. They beat him up badly. I'm taking him to the hospital."

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin sat on her bed, tired and ready to sleep but fear that if she did she would have the nightmare again. She couldn't bare to think what would happen this time. Not realising this but she started to feel tired and fell asleep.

She was standing over Barry who was frozen to the floor. He was bleeding out. Caitlne wasnt in great shape either. They had a messy fight around the place and she was injured to. But not as badly as Barry.

"Caitlin listen to me, this isn't you. I know you. What we saw in the future doesn't mean that is what is to happen. You can change that. You don't have to become Killer Frost."

"That is what I'm doing. I'm changing the future. I'm getting rid of the Flash so he won't destroy anymore lives."

For the last time before Barry was stabbed with the ice stick, Barry sped up and pushed Caitlin to the side. The corner of the table hit her and she was unconscious.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin opened her eyes as she heard a familiar voice. She looked around and saw bright while lights. She squinted to try and get a better knowledge of her surroundings.

"Thank god you are up. Do you remember what happened?" Asked Joe.

Caitlin shook her head. "No."

"I think we are in a lot more trouble than we thought. Whatever Stacey has done is more and more dangerous for you. An employee at Jitters call 911 when she opened the shop in the morning. She found you badly injured and barely breathing."

"Do Barry and them know?"

"No, I managed to keep this on the down low. But I think it is time to tell them the truth."

"No we can't. I'm already scared that I'm hurting Barry in my dreams. What if I start hurting him in real like I'm hurting myself."

"That's more of a reason to talk to them."

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Barry you don't need to go to work yet. A few more minutes." Iris and Barry were bed. Barry was getting ready to go to work. He had to solove this Stacey and Ethan deal and fast. Joanah had been in hospital for his injuries.

"You know I would love to. Why do you think I'm working so hard in this to finish." Barry kissed Iris and got out.

Iris could notice that something had changed between them. They had started to make progress and now he was acting weird. Had something happened?

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry was getting coffee when he saw Caitlin come out of a room. He rushed to her side which startled her. She turned away and tried to hide her face.

"What's going on?"

"I came to check in on Joanah that's all."

"Then why did you come out of that room and why are you hiding your face?"

But before Caitlin could make an excuse or get away from him Barry turned her and they stood face to face. Pure concern and anger filled his eyes as he examined all the sacred and bruises on her face and arms.

"How, who, when?" asked Barry as anger fuelled him on. "Stacey," he answered his own question. I'm going to kill her and Ethan."

Barry was about to speed out when Caitlin pulled him and rushed him out to the stairs doors. She put a hand in his face to get him to focus and listen to her. But he was too angry to listen.