Twenty Nine

Caitlin screamed and opened her eyes. She looked around trying to focus her surroundings. She couldn't move and realised that she was tied up. The surrounding came into clear view and she realised she was still tied in the back of a van. What she saw was a dream. It all had felt so real that the thought of Barry saying that she was just as cold as Killer Frost bothered her deeply. All that she saw wasn't real yet some part of her mind wouldn't let her believe it. She tried to bang on the side but it was no use. Sweat was dripping down her back and face yet she tried to stay calm. She had to come up with a plan and find Iris.

                                                 //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Iris opened her eyes hoping that it was all a dream and that she wasn't tied up by two crazy, revenge seeking madmen. No such luck, as she was still tied up and her mouth was covered. What was happening. She tired to remember what had happened.

                                                                          // Flashback //

Caitlin and Iris stood face to face with Ethan and Stacey. They had no where to run and they were shaking in fear. Ethan leaped and caught Iris's hand and pulled her close. Caitlin managed to slide away and watched in shock as they pulled Iris away.

"Wait stop. "You want me. You want the person that is responsible for what happened to you that night. I'm the one that helped design the particle accelerator. Just so you know, we didn't go unharmed like you think. I also lost something that night."

"Do you really think that I care. You may have lost something but we have to live a life that is more horrifying each day... " said Stacey but then stopped.

"I lost the man that I loved. Yes he survived but lost his life after turning into a metahuman."

Stacey looked at her and as if a lightbulb turned on replied, "Ronnie."

Caitlin nodded and tears filled her eyes but she didn't take her eyes of them. "I lost him because he wanted to save people. But that day we all also got something. Yes we got Metahumans who want to destroy everything and all but we also got a hero, we got the Flash. He has helped save so many lives and let us help you as well."

"Like we said, we aren't interested in getting help from people who turned us into this."

"if you are still hell bound on revenge then fine. I will go with you quietly and wont give you any trouble if only you let Iris go. She had no part in that accelerator and the exploration."

"Caitlin, what the hell do you think you are doing? We have worked so hard to not give into people like this. You have to keep faith in Barry," called Iris.

"That's what I'm doing. I'm protecting him. We also wronged him that night and he still went on to help us. He is too important to this City and I beg you two to spare his and her life. I will do anything to keep them safe."

"Why would you do that for them?" asked Ethan.

"Because I care for him too much to let someone like you hurt them. I know what Stacey can do and I don't want anything happening to him."

Stacey and Ethan exchanged glances. "Fine you come with us and we will think of letting them go."

Caitlin took slow steps towards Ethan who was still holding onto Iris. She saw him loosen his grip on her. She came and stood next to Stacey and turned to Ethan hoping that he had let her go. But he hadn't, instead he had her now tied up and he pulled her out past them. Iris was unconscious and before Caitlin could make a break for it, someone stabbed her in the neck with something small and sharp. The room started to spin and she fell back when darkness took over.

                                                                    // Present //

"How are you guys going on about finding them. Our hour is nearly up and then I wont be able to save one. I cant let someone die, I wont be able to live with that guilt," said Barry as he continued to pace the room.

"He has his network bouncing off so many cell tower and also through different satellites. He is bouncing it off in different countries making it harder to pinpoint even a close location on them. I will need more than an hour to crack this," said Felicity with disappointment.

"Barry, it will be fine. We have to keep calm and think clearly to be able to find them. I know we don't have time and it doesn't help when we don't even know how to stop them," said Wells. "Barry we have an idea of what Stacey can do as we have seen and learnt and you have to be careful of her too. We cant have you also infected with her powers. It will be horrific to have you loose your mind."

Barry stopped at this. "What do you mean go crazy?"

"She is able to make you live and relive your nightmares. What you fear most comes to life and you start to lose the concept of reality and illusion. You just want it all to stop but cant. Eventually it will kill you and we haven't gotten a cure for that yet."

"Wait is that what happened to Caitlin? That's why she acted so strange and had those bruises that she tried to hide?"

Everyone went silent and Barry got his answer. Angry with this he left the cotex to go and think alone. It made sense now. Her behaviour change and her being tired and scared all the time. What was her biggest fear that she didn't even want to share with him. She was hurt and she didn't even tell him.

He had to save her. He had completely missed this all and he only could forgive himself when he saved her. Iris and Caitlin both.