Twenty Eight

Barry paced around the Cotex trying to clear his mind. He tried to process all the information and everything that had happened. He had already put too many people through so much and all and now again this all was happening. He watched as Cisco and Felecity tried to figure out here they were contacting them from. If they could figure it out them maybe he could bring this all to a stop. 

"This guy has done an excellent job at hiding the tracks of Ethan and Stacey. They have bounced the signal off many cell towers and the world. It is hard to pin point the location," said Felecity as frustration was building up for her. 

"I have managed to isolate the possibile locations." 

Felecity started typing and working in finding them. Barry was happy to have extra pair of hands and eyes but it would all be worth it when both Iris and Caitlin came back. 

                                //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin came to a stop when she saw the safety of STAR Labs. She had managed to hide and safely make her way back here. Before stepping out of the shadows, she looked around. She checked if it was safe to come out. It was getting harder and harder to keep her mind from going completely crazy. She wasn't even sure what was real and what wasn't. Once she saw it was clear, she made a run for it. Coming inside, she let out a sign of relief. She had manged to get away from them and once here she could tell Barry where she was kept captive.

Coming into the Cotex, she saw Cisco and Dr Wells working on finding location for them. Running inside she saw Barry sitting down as well. Everything suddenly became right seeing them all. She felt relief knowing that nothing happened to him and what she saw had been dreams. As she came closer, Barry turned around and was by her side in a second. He had a smile on his face and relief to see her safe. 

"We had been so worried about you. Ethan and Stacey are too smart," said Cisco as he too now came running to her side. 

"Where's Iris?" Barry asked as he stopped. 

Caitlin stopped too and looked around. Whatever colour that she had drained away. She was shaking head to toe and hearing Iris's name made her feel worst. "I... I don't know. I tired looking for her but I couldn't find her. When I found the opportunity I ran. I thought if I made it here I could tell you where to go and Barry could save her."

Barry let her hand go. The scared and concern look from his eyes disappeared. They turned angry and filled with hatred. "How could you just leave her there. So what you had a quick look around and couldn't find her so you left her there? Did you even look or where you too concerned about yourself to care?" Yelled Barry in anger.

Caitlin didn't know what to say. She wanted him to listen to her and believe her. She knew that Barry loved Iris too much and she knew that he would have reacted that way. She calmed herself down and tried again to explain. 

"Barry's right. You coming here and leaving  her there, we don't know what they would do to her," joined in Wells.

Couldn't believe how this all was turning out Caitlin tried to figure out a way to explain them the situation. 

"I thought we were friends and that you were someone who would die protecting others. I thought you wanted to be different and you were too caring to ever do anything like this. But I should have known. You aren't any different from Killer Frost. You don't need to have those powers to become cold and heartless," said Barry. 

Hearing this Caitlin couldn't take it. The one person who she always knew could see though all that and knew her more than she knew herself. He had just told she that she was exactly like Killer Frost, someone she tried so hard not to be. 

She turned around to leave but hit the corner of the desk. Finding her balance she saw Cisco, Wells and Barry all watched her with hatred. She closed her eyes trying not to cry and when she opened her eyes something different took over. 

She no longer felt fear and wasn't shaking anymore. Killer Frost had taken over. She raised her hands and smoke was coming out. She placed her hands on Wells and Ciscos chest and they froze inside out. They fell to the floor and lay lifeless. Barry stepped forward and Caitlin stabbed him with a ice stick. He fell to his knees and tried to defrost himself. 

"This all is your fault. I never wanted to be this person but you didn't listen to me. You blame me for not saving one person, you have no right to judge me. Have a look at how many people you have let down. You said I was a monster so maybe I should stop pretending not be and embrace it. She pushed him down and sat in his stomach. Hands freezing she placed it on his chest and no matter how much he vibrated the freezing was stronger. She kissed him and slowly his breathing stopped. Caitlin stood over his body and a smile appeared on her face.