Forty Six

Just a reminder that Memory Unlock is now ready to be read. First chapter published. Hope it's just as great as this one. Thanks. 

                          //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin twitched and her eyes rolled. She could hear voices in the background but she couldn't make out what they were saying. She tried to focus and open her eyes but what happened in the past few days were all over the place. Slowly she opened her eyes and the light from the room was bright. She squinted and closely as the focus came, Barry's face was the first  that she saw. 

He was standing over head and he had a concerned expression. He relaxed when he saw her open her eyes fully. She looked around at the room and her eyes fell in Iris. "Barry," she finally said breaking the silence. 

"Caitlin, thank god you are ok. We were so worried, I was so worried," said Barry. He came closer and gave her a hug. Caitlin, still unsure about what was happeneing returned the hug. She watched as Iris ran out to call the others.

"Barry... What happened? What's going on?" She asked in barely a whisper. 

Barry searched in Caitlin's eyes as surely she wasn't that unaware of all the events. Especially what he had said to her on the roof. But sure enough, she had a blank expression on her face.

"You honestly don't remember what happened? What's the last thing you do remember?" 

"Well, it's all a big piece of jumble mess. I remember Stacey and Ethan attacking the Lab and taking Iris and me. I tried to beg them to relase her since it was us they wanted. But they didn't listen and took us both. Then it's blank. I do remember waking up to find myself tied to the chair and it was a... Dark place. Again blank, then again waking up and I was on the floor. I could see Iris and I went or tired to go to her but fell... I got up but only manged to see up and I saw... A red suit. You were there. You came to save her and I tried calling out but again going blank. After that i remember a mess. I honestly don't know what was real in that," finished Caitlin. She now watched the eyes of all Barry, Iris, Cisco and Wells. 

"You really don't  remember the times she took over? Asked Cisco breaking the silence. 

"Wait... What... You mean Killer Frost. It was the thing Stacey did isn't it. She was saying something about using my abilities to get what they want. But honestly at that point I wasn't even sure what was real or a dream."

"What happened in those few weeks was a horrible time for us all. We were so scared about you," said Wells. 

Caitlin still didn't seem convinced. She wasn't sure but something was missing. "It all doesn't make sense. From one of the times that I was consious, I remember Stacey saying something about us living our nightmares gave her a chance of  normal life." 

"Well whatever it was, she isn't talking. We are still working on a cure for what she did. Now that you are awake maybe a fresh pair of eyes will help," smiled Cisco. 

Caitlin smiled in return and from the corner of her eyes, she saw Barry back away and Iris place her hand on his shoulders. Was she missing something there?

                     //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"She doesn't even remember what happened. I know don't even know if she heard what I said. Apparently what happened when Killer Frost had taken over she doesn't remember anything. And she was her when she was on by he rooftop."

"So, that doesn't mean anything. You should tell her again. How you feel about her hasn't changed has it?" 

Barry shook his head. After seeing her unconscious for two weeks and her nearly once agin coming so close to death made one thing even clearer. He cared for her. The same way once he did for Iris. He still loved Iris but didn't have the same feelings for her that he did once. He shared that feelings for Caitlin. This was evident with when Iris was unconscious and when Caitlin was unconscious. Same symptoms but he was more worried about Caitlin not making it out alive. Did that make him a bad person?

"Barry stop over thinking things. As hard as it is for me to admit it and let you go. I have to. I'm not the one that will make you happy and I shouldn't force you to be unhappy. You are an amazing person and you do so much for others. It's about time you did something  for yourself. It is easy to walk on a path alone because it may seem simple. But it is also the hardest because it is harder when you can't and don't have everything to share things with," said Iris. 

Iris was right. He didn't realise it but he wanted Caitlin by his side when he went out to save the city, he wanted to come home and be with her. She was the one that he wanted to talk to and listen to. With all that was happening, he had to let Caitlin know but he still had a small doubt in his mind. What if she didn't feel the same way about him and what if this changed the whole Team Flash.