Thirty Eight

"After going through all the data and footage and all I don't have a solid lead on where they may be hiding but I do have a perimeter of where they can possibly be. When they make their next move, I will be able to track them and once and for all end this," informed Felecity. 

Barry watched her as she typed. He saw the tried eyes and knew that she had been working non stop in this. She was determined to find Caitlin and this wasn't even her problem. She had willingly joined in and Barry was happy but it was unfair.

"Felecity you know how much i and eveyone here appreciates what you are doing but you don't have to." 

"Barry, we have been through this before. I care about eveyone here and There. We are s team and we don't let anyone get hurt. Caitlin is my friend to and I want to bring her home safe as well."

"Yeah but you also need to look after yourself. I don't want Oliver to come back and be mad that because of me you didn't look after yourself," smiled Barry. 

It was good of see Barry smile after so long. Since this all got too much, it felt like Barry hadn't had that innocent, joyful smile on his face that they all loved and missed. "I know it is hard and all but trust me, Caitlin is a strong person and she will fight back. She knows we are looking for her and she will be coming home soon."

"I know," said Barry. He sat down and watched the computer screen. Cisco came and stood next to him and saw the expression on his face. What he had been thinking was true then sure enough Barry was thinking of Caitlin. 

"Felecity, you should go have some rest. We have the footage and all running here and will call you when we find something, it's been long couple of days and we will need a well rested team to bring an end to this all," Cisco said. 

With a smile and a wave, Felecity was off. She linked her computer and computer at STAR Labs so they both went throught the same information and if either one found something they could take action. 

"Barry you also need to some sleep. You haven't rested probably for days now and that isn't good for you. You know how Caitlin will get when she finds out that we didn't look after you probably."

"I'm fine. This is all my fault. I should have done something about this all sooner  but we spent to much time chasing nothing. We knew that they wanted revenage and we still let out guard down and now we are in the dark while they hold all the cards."

Cisco watched him and hesitated. Inside he was jumping with happiness. He still couldn't believe that he didn't see it earlier but also found it funny how Barry had t realised it yet. 

"What, what are you smiling s out?" Asked Barry when he noticed Cisco deep in thought with a smile on his face. 

"What...nothing." 

"Cisco, what is it. We have been working together long enough to know when you have something on your mind. Usually you love to share without us even asking."

"Nothing, it's something that someone said."

"What?"

"You are worried about Caitlin right?"

"What kind of question is that. Yes I'm and I'm willing to do anything to get her back."

"I want her safe and all but I don't miss her up tightness about everything. She was always saying no to cool stuff and she's too bossy." 

"What, yeah sometimes she is but she cares about us too much." 

"She's always telling you not to have fun. Always testing you and treating you like Ronnie. She thinks you are some fragile thing or something. She was a buzzkill."

Barry stopped to think about it. "Yeah she was like that at times but she always wanted to keep me safe. All she always wants to do have me safe. She always puts eveyone else before her own happiness. She cares too much and I must admit I also tested her paientence too much. I miss her smile and her kind eyes. She made this place, feel like home."

And there it was. Clear to Cisco the true feelings of Barry towards Caitlin. He was so blinded to the fact of how much she meant to him yet he had this sparkle in his eyes just by thinking about her. How could he not see this. He didn't only see Caitlin as a friend but as something more.

"I should go and check up on Iris," said Barry. 

Cisco looked up and realised why Barry couldn't see his true feelings for Caitlin. He cared for Iris and for him she was more important because that's what he always thought was the case. 

"Dude, we need to talk," jumped in Cisco before Barry could leave. "I know you love Iris and all but isn't there something else you want to share with me?" He asked. 

Barry froze trying to think if he had forgotten something. Like being struck by  lighting again he turned and faced Cisco. How had he figured it out. It had been on his mind since it happened but he hadnt told anyone. It confused him to know that he could feel that way. Did he love the idea of something happening between them.

"Barry, you ok?"

"There is something that I wanted to talk to someone about but so many things happened that didn't get a chance. I kissed Caitlin when we were trailing Finn." 

Cisco stood where he was as he processed this information. Like a kid opening presents on Christmas, a smile spread across his face. "I knew it. I knew something happened between you to. So what now?"

"That's what confuses me. I have been in love with one person for so long that i never thought about anyone else and now I don't know but is it possible..." He trailed off. 

It was turning clearer to Cisco that even if Barry realised that he was in love with Caitlin, he wouldn't do anything because he felt he owned Iris everything. Because of the idea of him being with Iris always made it hard for him to imagine himself with anyone else.