Thirty Seven

Cisco watched as Iris tried to go back to sleep. Her heart rate was still a little high and she was still not calm. He knew what happened to her mustn't have been easy and it wasnt going to be easy to forget anytime soon. It was hard on them all. Day in day out dealing with this kind of things. Going through and dealing this all for so long didn't make it any easy on them to process it all. They thought what they all went through with so many metahumans, aliens and forming their group in which the worked together and save protect their city, their world. They never thought out the toll it would take on them in the long run.

Something  else was on Ciscos mind. Something that Iris said that made him think about it all again. The first day when Barry was brought into the lab after being hit by lighting, he had seen it in Caitlin's eyes. They were all worried and  worked hard on keeping him safe but something about Caitlin was different. She was just as anxious in keeping him safe as if he was Ronnie. And always he got on her nerve like Ronnie used to. Barry always put Caitlin first and cared about her. They had a connection that even Caitlin and him didn't have.

How come he hadn't seen this before? Barry had feelings for Caitlin and he didn't  even know about it. Should Cisco tell him or let it go. Let Iris and Barry deal wiht this all?

                                //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin sat in the dark room in the corner. She didn't know what else to do. She had to keep herself awake and stay alive long enough for Barry to stop them. How had things changed so fast. One moment she was with Iris trying to get away and now she was tied up some motel and she didn't even know if Barry managed to save Iris or was she just imagined it all. 

The door opened and Stacey came in holding a paper bag. She tuned on the light and the sudden brightness hurt Caitlin's eyes. Covering them she slowly reopened them when she heard Stacey sit down on the bed. She as holding a big belly burger bag. She took out a burger and fired and opened one hand of Caitlin's to allow her to eat. 

"Why are you doing this? I thought you wanted revenage and you wanted to kill me and everyone that made to you into what you are?" 

"You don't get it do you. You want me to be thankful for what happened that night. You want me to forget the horrors that I went through. It isn't a gift, it's a curse."

Caitlin watched Stacey confused. What did she mean by that. How could making someone else live their worst nightmares be a curse to her. She could make everyone else suffer like she was suffering being with Joanah. 

"I know what you are thinking. Yes I hate what happened to me because of your particle accelerator exploding but if I had gotten this ability without consequences we would have left and never come back."

"Consequences, what consequences?"

"I keep relieving my worse nightmares and they are as real as they get. I hurt myself and everyone around and I have on so many occasions, nearly killed myself because of what this ability does to me. It is slowly draining out my life. But we found a way to stop this process. Everytime I make others live their nightmares, this all, my abilities doesn't affect me. It doesn't drain my life and I get to life a normal life. I don't like doing this but you guys made me into this so I'm going to make you suffer with me"

"Stacey, it's horrible about all that you had to go though and what we made you into but like I said before, we can help you at STAR Labs. We have come a long way and we are able to help those metahumans that are willing to ask for our help."

"I know how you help them. You put them in cages and forget about them. You just want to save your little asses but putting away people like us so the world doesn't see what chaos you guys created." 

"That's not what we do. We all have suffered and some of us still suffering. But we put it aside and do what we can to make it another day possible for all the people out there. So many things have changed and we can't always prevent them from happening but we can sure as hell can work with what we got."

"Easy for you to say," said Stacey as she bit into her burger. 

Taking in a deep breath Caitlin continued, "yes the explosion created metahumans and that's unfair on those who didn't choose this way of life but it also gave us the Flash. A beacon of hope and strength that willing goes out everytime to protect strangers. Imagine the pain and suffering he must have gone through yet he still puts others first. And then there is me."

Stacey stopped and watched Caitlin. She had a smile on her face as she tried to imagine Caitlin as a monster.

"I'm scared to close my eyes. I'm scared everyday since that incident. I'm scared that she will take over and like then I will hurt the people I love and care for. She is a cold hearted killer and I don't want to be her." 

The smile on Stacey's face disappeared. "Who is she?"

Caitlin hesitated. She looked away. "I don't want to be the one that kills Barry. I won't be able to live with myself if I ever hurt him. He means to much to me... And this city to. She is a monster and... Killer Frost."

Something inside Stacey's eyes lite up when she heard the name. She knelt down and now sat face to face with Caitlin. She had a smile back on her face as she examined Caitlin. She couldn't believe it. The sweet, innocent looking woman sitting in front of her was the famous Killer Frost who was so near to killing the Flash himself.

She also saw something else in Caitlin's eye. With fear and sorrow there was something else there. Hearing and saying the name Barry, there was suddenly a little joy of happiness in them. And Stacey knew that look. It was the look Ethan had for her and she had for him. This Barry was important to her.