Twenty Seven

Joe sat alone as he needed time to himself. All he always wanted to do was make sure his daughter was safe. He didn't blame Barry or anyone for what happened but he blamed himself. Barry and the team always tried to keep the city safe and he was a cop and he also had a responsibility of helping. Now Iris was gone and Barry had a choice to make. They had to be positive and know that they would save both of them.

"Joe, I know this is a hard time for you. I don't know know how you feel but I do want Iris and Caitlin both safe. The only way that can happen is when we find them," said Wells. He sat down next to Joe.

"In this profession we put our life in the line. Barry goes into situation speeding and battles things that I can't even imagine. But I can't have him have to choose between them two. Yes Iris is my daughter and I love her. She is all I have. At the same time Caitlin does an amazing job here. She selflessly helps strangers everyday and this world needs more people like her."

"We have to stop thinking like that. I have faith in our team and I know that Barry and all of them will come through. Nether of them are going to get hurt," comforted Wells.

"I know. As hard as it may be right now to think positively but we have to try. We have to give it all to help Barry find them both and save them both."

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Joe and Wells came back into the Cotex where Cisco was working on finding the location of Ethan and Stacey from the video. He Barry was nervously pacing around the place. He was trying to stay calm but it wasn't working,

"Barry it's going to be ok. We will figure it all out and help both the girls. We haven't lost a battle with metahumans and we aren't going to start now."

The computer screen went fuzzy and Felecitys face appreared. She was fixing up somethIng and stopped when she saw everyone's face.

"Oh hi guys. I tried to call befor but there was a disturbance in the single. I was able to hack into the frequency and find out it was coming from Ethan. So what did he want?" Asked Felecity.

There was a brief pause and then Barry answered. "They have two people the I care about, Iris and Caitlin. From the beginning they wanted revenge on STAR Labs for what happened to them. They threatened to hurt one and I have chance to save one. I can't let anyone get hurt."

"Oh my God. Barry don't worry you will save them both. Oliver would come and help but currently he is out of signal range sorry. But I do have good news. When I tracked the frequency, I was also able to locate where it originated from. It was coming from a warehouse by the docks. It was bouncing of many cells towers but that's where it was coming from."

"Thank you Felecity you are amazing," yelled Barry as he zoomed and changed into his Flash suit. "Cisco, now you know where they are, can you work with Felecity and keep me updated about it. No one is going to die on my watch." And with that he was off.

"Ok, I'm getting the visuals on the location," updated Felecity.

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry arrived at the warehouse Felecity told him about. He looked around and it seemed to be empty. The more he explored, he found that someone was definitely here. There was computers, takeaway food boxes and containers and clothes. He stopped when he saw Caitlin's bracelet. It was her favourite.

"Guys, we are definitely in the right place. They were here and so was Iris and Caitlin. Do you know if they are still here?"

"No Barry, I can't seem to find any evidence of them still being there," came Felecity's voice. "But there is one heat signature. It is hiding behind the craters."

Barry zoomed to where Felecity was directiing him. Sure enough he found a guy hiding behind craters. He was scared and begged when Barry came closer to him.

"Please, I'm doing what you want. Make it all stop." He begged.

"Who are you and what are you doing her?"

"My name is Francis, and Ethan brought me here to help him with compute things. Stacey did something to me and I was starting to loose my mind. They promised me to make it stop if I helped them then they will help me. They said I had to send a video and track someone. Hack into STAR Labs."

"Guys are you listening to this."

"Yes and we have something that you want to see. Come back here."

Barry zoomed back to the labs. He found everyone tensed up. "What is going on here?"

"We got another link from Ethan and Stacey."

Fear rose inside Barry as everytime they contacted them it was bad news. Was it happeneing already? He couldn't choose who to save and that wasn't an option. He was in love with Iris and Caitlin was someone too special to lose.

"Flash and friends. I hope by now you have gone through your options and know that we aren't joking around. Caitlin and Iris, either one you choose, one will have to pay. One at a time we are going to take out revage."

"You will get the location of both at the same time in an hour and you will have 1 minute to choose who to save. Let's see if you can save both," laughed Stacey.

And the screen went blank. Felecity let out a sigh as she wasn't able to locate the signal. Barry's worst fears were coming true. He was going to lose someone else special to him if they didn't figure this all out soon.