Forty One

Hi, this is just a short message to let my readers know that soon i will be starting a new SnowBarry/WestAllen story. Will advice in the name and details soon but I do hope that it is as much enjoyed as this one. Thanks. 

                                //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin stood over Barry who was still injured and laying on the floor. He was trying to recover from his injury as fast as he could but defrosting wasn't as easy as he had hoped. Caitlin on the other hand battled the possibility of this all being her nightmare coming alive or it actually being true. Either way she was turning into Frost and willing to kill. 

"Guys, I don't know if she believes this. She is wearing a earpiece which I can bet belongs to Ethan and Stacey. Track it down," whispered Barry. 

For a second Barry saw the same scared and confused eyes of Caitlin as she tried to process the whole environment, but soon that was gone. 

"Does it really makes a difference if it is real or not. I'm here to get justice for those who can't get it for themselves. Isn't that what you are meant to stand for. Or are you only out to get those who stand in your way. Just because Joanah didn't hurt you that makes it ok for him to go unpunished," questioned Killer Frost. 

"Caitlin, I know you are in there. You may think that this is all real and that losing hope is the best solution here but it's not. I know that you are still the same strong person that stands by my side to fight in any situation. Don't let them make you into their puppets."

Barry now stood up and limped lose to Caitlin and looked her in the eye. He wasn't going to let Caitlin believe them and do something that she regretted. For her this was all a dream but for all of them it was real.

"Barry, the signal for the earpiece is coming from within the building. They are one level down in room 238. The connection is only a few feet away," informed Cisco. 

"Caitlin, please wake up," begged Barry. He placed his hands in her shoulders and pulled her closer. "Look me in the eye and tell me that you really don't care who gets hurt. Tell me that you truly believe that I'm going to let you go and that I don't care enough to be by your side. I have told you this before and I'm telling you this now, we have been through a lot together and we care about each other too much to ever let each other go. So please fight them."

Caitlin closed her eyes and tried to drown out the voice in her head. It kept repeating for her to finish him off. But the more that voice said it the more it become unreal. The Touch of Barry's hand gave her a familiar feeling of warmth and happiness. Something that she missed. She opened her eyes and stepped back. 

Barry taken aback watched as Caitlin's eyes turned back to her normal warm and caring brown. She was confused as she looked around the room. She saw Joe and Kevin on the floor near Joanahs unconscious body. 

"Pl.... Please tell me that I haven't killed him?" She asked in a small voice. 

"No, you aren't a killer. But it's time to put a stop to one," said Barry. He turned and zoomed out of the room. 

Caitlin ran back to Joe and helped him up. She looked at the floor and saw the sharp ice sticks around the room. Trying to piece together what had happened, she turned to Joe for an answer. "I did this all and I hurt people. I can't deny the fact that even if it was a dream for me, Killer Frost is real. I can't hide her any longer," she said. 

"Caitlin, you fighting her off always proves that you still have control over her. You may think that this isn't true  but till your heart is as pure as now and you have people that love you by your side you will always be strong and overpower Frost," encouraged Joe. 

She smiled and gave him a hug. "It's a huge relief to see you alive. I was scared that we lost you forever," whispered Joe. 

Hearing this made Caitlin relax. No matter what the voices told her, it was good to hear that she did matter and that Killer Frost wasnt going to win without a fight. 

Joe's phone rang and it was Cisco calling him. "Guys, I don't want to be the one that always gives the bad news here but it isn't over yet. Flash has gone after Stacey and Ethan. And as per discussed he is just as venerable as anyone of us. But him being affected by Stacey's ability is more dangerous. You have to go and help him."

"Caitlin, i will take Joanah away from here just in case they want to have another shot at his life, you go and try and keep B... Flash away from Stacey." 

Caitlin nodded and ran towards the door. "Cisco where is he now?" She called back to Joe. 

"He is one level down. Room 238," called back Joe. 

Caitlin not worried about the people watching or alarming them of anything ran down the corridor and to the lift. She pressed the button numerous times as she waited inpatiently for the lift. She wanted to take the stairs but suddenly she was feeling light headed and evey step that she was taking was becoming harder and harder. She kept repeating to herself, "don't fall asleep." 

The doors opened and she got in. Level down and door opened. She ran stambling to the room number given by Cisco. The room was starting to spin and the room surrounding was losing focus but she kept pushing as she had to help Barry. 

She now stood in front of the room. The door wide open, the room a mess. It took a little time for her to focus but she suddenly it hit she what she was seeing. Barry was standing in the middle of the room and Stacey was behind her. She had that expression on her face that Caitlin remembered seeing last before the flash and passing out. She was going to attack Barry and he was going to live through his worst nightmares and it was going to be just as worse as Killer Frost attacking.