Forty Four

Caitlin stood at the edge of the ledge and she looked down. Ironically this all felt like a dream and it felt unreal. She tried to clear her mind and rethink what was happening. However, her conclusion was always the same. With everything that was happening it was harder for her think of the last time she wasn't scared to close her eyes or fall asleep. She was constantly scared of hurting Barry and everyone at S.T.A.R Labs.

"Caitlin, please. This isn't the answer and you know it. You always have believed that S.T.A.R Labs has an answer to all problems, only thing it needs is time and if you do this then you will be proving this all wrong," yelled Barry from behind her.

"I have made my mind and I'm as hard as it is to admit it but this is the only way I can make sure that she doesn't hurt anyone."

Caitlin slowly edged towards the edge and was inches away from jumping, when everything was looking focus. Everything started to spin and it was getting harder and harder for her to breath. She tried to take in long breaths but it felt like someone squizzing her lungs and the air was being cut. Then something happened that scared her. Killer Frost took over. 

She looked around and a smile spread across her face. "Flash, you had great faith in me, Caitlin to fight back and stay strong. But from where I stand, I see her to be weak," said Killer Frost in a cold voice.

Anger rose in Barry. He hated the fact that he couldn't help her and that Killer Frost kept taking over and now what was she going to do when she felt like she had nothing left to do. And he was right, Frost put out her right leg and turned her to face him and in a split second she jumped.

Everything was happening so fast and it took him time to release what was happening. He ran as fast as he could (without creating a black/time hole) and ran and jumped off the edge and down the side of the building. He ran down and he saw Caitlin falling and next thing he was by her side. He extended his hand and reached out for her hand. Finally able to get a hold of her hand, he pulled her closer. At first she resisted and tried to pull away so he picked her up and held her close to himself. 

Caitlin fighting Killer Frost tried to hold Barry tightly and put her hands around his neck and held him close. A sense of reflied spread over Barry as he turned around and ran back up. He didn't want to go down to all the ambulance, police and public until he was sure Caitlin was alright. He came to the top of the roof and he jumped and landed gently on top. He still held onto Caitlin and she held onto him. 

                          //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Can anyone of you get a hold of Barry or Caitlin?" Asked Wells. 

"I'm trying but I can. Either he had turned off his earpiece or it broke," answered Cisco. 

"Guys are you seeing this? Caitlin is standing too close to that edge and im not too sure about where this is going," intervened Felecity. 

On the screen they watched the horrific scene of the roof top. They could see the talking and Caitlin slowly climbing the edge and then her jump. Shocked they watched as Barry sprang to action and ran to her. They both disappeared from the screen as Felecity tried to get a better visual for what happened. Silence fell as they waited for the next scene to unfold. A sign of relief came over the room as a yellow flash zoomed onto the screen and when it stopped, it revealed Barry and in his arms tightly wrapped was Caitlin. 

                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Caitlin had her eyes closed and was breathing heavily. After a while she slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She realised where she was and then as if something flashed and in a second she was taken over by Killer Frost. She pushed away Barry and now stood face to face with him. Taken aback by this, Barry watched Caitlin and her cold glare. 

"Pathetic, you know. Trying to save her all the time. Don't you see, she doesn't want saving from you. Not from someone that has ruined her life. You made me into this and now what you think you are protecting me by always saving me? No, you just want to keep your concernicus clear."

"You're wrong. I care about what happens to you because I know that this isn't you. I know you and I know that you are strong and you know deep down this I would never abandon you."

Caitlin turned around and made her way again towards the roofs edge. Barry acting fast grabbed her and placed his hands around her and held her tight. She tried to resist and fight back but Barry held on. She was now violently pushing and wiggling trying to get away  but Barry held on. 

"I'm not letting  go. You mean too much to this team and I have let you down once. I'm not going to do that again. I care, i care more than you think and I know that it is hard for you to believe me but I want you to look deep inside and tell me that it's not true. You mean too much, and I couldn't see this before but now I do. I care because... I LOVE YOU!!!" Yelled Barry.