36

Guys. I'm siiiiiick

Jack's Pov
I woke up in pain. My body hurt, my head hurt and most of all, my heart hurt. I let out a shaky sigh. The room was quite. The only sounds made was my harsh, pained breathing and the crackle of fire. Anti's room didn't have that much fire in it actually. The only fire coming from a small fireplace across the room. I guess he had enough of looking at it where ever he went and just wanted a break. The fire gave off a soft green glow that danced across the ceiling.

I tried to sit up bit instantly stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my waist. I looked down to see the ice knife Dark has used on me still embebed in my skin. I grabbed the handle with a shaky hand, slowly pulling it out. I stopped when I felt it grow and dig deeper into my flesh. I screamed in this pain and let it go.

I felt dizzy. I felt drained. I had only been here for what, two days now? And it already felt like it had been an eternity. I just wanted to go home. To see Mark. To kiss his gorgeous face, his perfect lips. Wait, what? What am I thinking? Its this place. Its making me crazy. Yeah that's it. I can't like Mark. Not after all that has happened. I doubt he still likes me. I know he did at first but he probably doesn't now, knowing what I am. What I've done. What I let Anti do. He can't. He just can't. 

I felt tears running down my face. I didn't bother wiping them away. I didn't even know why I was crying anymore. I didn't know anything. I was helpless. Hopeless even. I don't know why anyone stuck around me. I'm pathetic that's what. Maybe I should just kill myself. No one would care anyway. I looked at the blade still sticking out of my waist.

Funny, I didn't feel it anymore. I didn't feel anything. I grabbed the handle and pushed it deeper into my skin. Why? I don't know. I started feeling the pain again but I didn't stop. Almost the whole blade was in my flesh by now. My body was shaking and blood soaked my hand and the sheets. I let go and my hand fell limp. My breathing became uneven and I felt like I was suffocating.

I looked around the room but it was completely dark. I couldn't see anything. Besides a figure. It was outlined in white. It looked like...

"M-Mark?" I whispered. His face slowly formed. "MARK!" I screamed out. He looked at me. Slowly all his features formed and he stared at me coldly.

"What are you doing here?" He spat. I felt my heart stop.

"Wh-wha..." I stuttered. I was lost for words. I honestly felt broken.

"Look at you. So pathetic. I can't believe you even thought I like you. I could never like someone like you!" His words were like poison to me. I felt tears pouring downy face. He rolled his eyes.

"You're such a cry baby," he snarled at me. I tried to breath bit I couldn't. I tried to speak but no words would come out. I started choking. I felt like I was drowning. Then I was surrounded by darkness again. Dark water swirling around me. I tried to swim to the surface but something was pulling me down. Deeper into the darkness. I felt all my energy being drained from me as all the air in my lungs vanished. Then I felt nothing. No pain. Nothing...

Dark's Pov
I walked down the road to my small house. I was kicked out of the castle after attacking Jack. I find it funny how Anti gets banished to the mortal realm for saving a human and I get kicked out for hurting one. Its ridiculous but I can't change it. People stared at me as I walked down the burning path. I was cautious not to step in lava or into fire. I was the only demon in hell that could control ice. Others had fire or wind or something, but not me. I'm different.

I'm also the only one who extremely enjoys torturing people. And I mean 'extremely'. Not even the king himself enjoys torturing people as much as me. I know some demons hate it. Like Anti. I've seen the way he flinches whenever I so much as hit a human. I've also seen the pure look of horror whenever he saw Jack after I had tortured him. It didn't affect me though. That was his weakness.

I finally reached my house on the far side of the kingdom. While many st houses were built with molten lava mine was built with pure ice. I stepped inside and was struck by a rush of cold air. I sighed, relieved to finally be out of the heat. I plopped down on my bed and closed my eyes. I sensed Jack waking up and contemplated whether or not I should mess with him.

I could see everyone in this forbidden place. Well, not really see but something like that. I can tell whenever someone is awake or not. Its actually really annoying. Constantly being able to feel the presence of others around you. Even when they were far away. But it did have its perks.

I shifted my consciousness out of my body and into Jack's room. I would have just teleported but then the other demons in the castle would know that I'm there and probably do worse than kick me out. This way no one can see me either. But if a demon enters the room they will sense my presence so I will have to leave before then. I watched as Jack tried to pull the ice knife I left in his life side out, only to discover its cursed. You really think I was just going to let him off like that. Nope.

The blade is cursed so that if anyone tries to pull it out slowly then it will grow. And if they try to pull it out quickly then it will shatter, sorta like an explosion. All the pieces of ice will puncture the organs around the former blade and in a matter of seconds the person will be dead.

He started sobbing and tears ran down his face. Then his face became blank, emotionless even. I saw him reach for it again, thinking he was going to try to pull it out quickly but was shocked when I saw him pushing it in further. I watched in shock as he pushed the entire blade into his waist. He's body was shaking and his hand fell to his side. Then he started hyperventilating. He was struggling to breath. Then it stopped. He just stared forward, looking off into the distance.

"M-Mark?" He whispered. I was so confused. "MARK!" he suddenly screamed. I think he was seeing things. I knew hell affects humans but I didn't think it would affect Jack this much. I heard tales of mortals going insane after staying down here for too long. Some had even resulted in killing themselves. And when a mortal did return to the surface they were put into mental asylums. When the demons returned they weren't usually themselves. They would be kinder or more dark. Some would seek revenge while others would seek freedom. I wonder what will happen to Anti.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of footsteps approaching. I looked at Jack and saw he was having some sort of panic attack. His face was covered in tears and he was mumbling things under his breath. I saw the door opening and quickly returned to my body. What was happening to Jack? Is he even going to live any longer? He did loose a lot of blood. Why do I care? He's just another regular mortal. But he seems... Different.

I actually had no clue how to end that for a moment there. Awe well. I did it. I go sleep now. Bye