37

Sorry for the late update. I was lazy... Shudup

Mark's POV
I woke up in the room alone. I smelt the delicious smell of pancakes and bacon coming from the kitchen. I got up and slowly walked down the hall. The sound of food sizzling and the smell growing stronger. I rounded the corner but froze when I saw Anti. He was flipping a pancake bit stopped when he saw me. He smiled and put the pancake on a plate to which he set on the table with a glass of juice. He looked at me expectantly. I just glared back, giving him the 'I am in no way gonna eat that'. He sighed and looked down, suddenly becoming sad. 

"Look, I know you don't trust me and you have no reason to. But just see that I'm trying to help you," he said, the sorrow flowing out through his words. Did he really think I was that stupid to fall for that?

Then I heard a sniff. I looked up to see tears falling down Anti's face. They weren't fake though. I could see the pain in them. I could see how much he really wanted to fix this. Then my body moved on autopilot. I stepped forward and pulled Anti into a hug. He hesitated at first but hugged back, sobbing into my shoulder. I couldn't help but picture Jack and seeing him cry, seeing him breakdown like this. I felt like I had to care for Anti like I had with Jack. I rubbed circles on his back, whispering soothing things to him. After a while he calmed down and lifted his head. His eyes looked... Normal. They actually looked like Jack's except instead of being bright blue they were green, but equally bright. Was Anti becoming... Human? 

Skyla's POV
I struggled to get a reaction from Jack. The human was loosing a lot of blood and I wasn't able to stop it. I called out for another demon to come. I heard foot steps approaching and the door burst open. The King ran in and saw Jack. A frown appeared on his face.

"What happened?" He asked in his dark voice, yet soft.

"I don't know. I came in to check on him an he looked like he was having a panic attack or something. Then I saw the blade had been pushed in further. I think he did it himself," I said frantically trying to stop the flow of blood. Jack's eyes were closed and his head was laying against the pillow. Even in his sleep he looked afraid.

"We need to remove the knife. But its cursed. We need to get Dark. He's the only one that can remove the curse," the King said sternly. I nodded an ran out the room. I ran all the way to Dark's icey House. I knocked on the door but there was no response. Frustrated and desperate, I burnt down the door. It melted into a pool of water at my feet.