Prologue

Prologue:

Even at ten years of age, young Theodosia Burr was one of the brightest and smartest people her father, Aaron Burr had ever met. She was wise, open-minded, and educated. Aaron and his wife, who shared a name with their daughter, made sure of that. Aaron Burr loved both his wife and daughter dearly. They were the people that motivated him to work hard, even after being constantly beat by Alexander Hamilton.

   Theodosia Burr took much pride in being married to the Aaron Burr. She had never felt more loved than when she was with him. She also took pride in being the mother of her bright young daughter, Theodosia. She loved that her daughter shared her husband's beautiful, dark eyes and her very own name. She wanted her daughter to grow up educated, like her father, and confident like herself.

   Alexander Hamilton adored his son more than anything, beside his wife, Eliza. He took pride in the fact that his son was intelligent, confident, and that Philip Hamilton wanted to grow up to be just like him. He tried day after day do something that his son would be proud of. He believed that his son was the greatest child ever born and he was not afraid to share it with everyone, especially Aaron Burr.

   Eliza Hamilton was well aware of how similar her son was to his father. He was confident and wasn't afraid to share his ideas with the world. Eliza also knew how similar her son was to herself. He was very trusting and incredibly kind. She just hoped that his father's traits wouldn't overpower hers.

—————

Once a week, Mrs. Eliza Hamilton and Mrs. Theodosia Burr would meet at each other's home and spend an afternoon chatting and drinking tea. This week, Eliza was hosting tea. After meeting her friend's daughter, Eliza invited young Theo to come along. She may only had been ten years old, but her age didn't reflect on the young lady's maturity. She was mature and wise beyond her age and felt incredibly honored that Mrs. Hamilton invited her to tea.

Theodosia allowed her daughter to knock on the door, earning an excited expression from the young girl. She stood on her toes, knocking on the door three times and the Burr women waited. A few moments later, Eliza opened the door and appeared in front of her guests. "Theodosia, Theo. Please, come in." The woman stepped out of the doorframe, allowing the ladies to enter her home. "I'm very pleased you both could attend, especially you, Theo." Eliza looked at the young girl sweet, causing a smile to form on Theo's lips.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Hamilton. I truly appreciate the invitation." Theo told the woman as she followed the hostess to her living room. The living room was large, clean room with plenty of seating. The Hamilton's were no strangers to hosting people at their home. The two Burr's took a seat on the sofa as Eliza returned with the tea.

"Theo is very flattered that you invited her to tea. She hasn't stopped talking about it since we received the invitation last week." Theodosia said as she placed her hand gently on her daughter's shoulder. Theo looked back at her mother, her cheeks a deep pink.

"Mother, you're embarrassing me!" Theo exclaimed. Eliza placed her tea cup back on its saucer, letting a laugh slip from between her lips. Theo looked back at the hostess.

"Don't be embarrassed, Theo. It's very sweet that you were so excited to come over." Eliza smiled warmly at the girl. Footsteps broke the small moment of silence. Suddenly, a young boy appeared around the corner.