Chapter XXXVII:

Chapter XXXVII:

18th Birthday

January 22, 1800. It was a very great day. It was Theo's favorite day of the year. It was Philip Hamilton's birthday and Theo was very excited. She was determined to make this Philip's most memorable birthday yet. She had been working on his gifts for months in advance and was hoping that he would love it.

   Aaron knocked on his daughter's open door, holding a maroon box in his hand. "Theo, dear, I have your box for you." Theo hopped up from her desk, dashing over to her father. She had asked her father to head into town and pick up a box for Theo's gift for Philip. She eagerly snatched the box from her father and ran back to her desk.

A large book was sitting on her desk. It was a deep brown color with large, curly gold letters that read: Philip Hamilton. Philip had told Theo that he would write her a book someday, but he was more of a poet, Theo was the writer. She had spent months writing him a book of all their big and important moments together. "Thank you, Daddy." She said, placing the box down on the desk beside the book.

"He's really going to love the book, Theo." Aaron said, joining his daughter at the desk. He knew how much effort and work that she had put into it.

"I can't wait to give it to him when we go over to dinner in an hour." Theo grabbed the book and held it close to her chest, smiling wide at her father. "I know he wanted to be the one to write the book, but I just couldn't resist." Theo shooed her father out of the room. "I have to get ready." Aaron laughed and exited the room.

Theo walked over to her wardrobe and looked over all of her dresses. She decided on a light green dress with black boots. When doing her hair, she did a half up and half down hairstyle. Then, she put the book into the box before heading downstairs where her father was waiting for her. "Beautiful as usual." He told her as she rounded the corner into the entryway. She blushed as she grabbed her coat from the coat rack.

The two made their way to the carriage and got inside. Theo held the box on her lap. She couldn't wait to give Philip her gift. She had been working so hard on it. When they arrived, Eliza and Alexander were the ones who opened up the door, beaming at them. "Theodosia, Aaron, hello." Eliza said, stepping out of the doorway so they could enter.

Philip quickly rushed down the stairs, almost falling down them as he did so. He was eighteen now. "Theo." Philip smiled. Eliza and Alexander led Aaron into the dining room, leaving the two in the entryway.

"Happy birthday, my love." Theo said, handing him the box. Philip put it on the stairs and engulfed Theo in a hug, holding her tightly.

   "I love you." He said, releasing her and smiling brightly. He still held her hand.

   "I love you too." She said sweetly, giving his hand a small squeeze. She looked over at the box. "Don't open that in front of everyone. It's special and sentimental." Philip nodded. The two went into the dining room, where the whole Hamilton family and Aaron Burr were already seated. Theo's father looked odd, sitting amongst the many Hamiltons.

There were two open seats right beside each other, in between Aaron and Alexander, who was at the head of the table. That's where Theo and Philip sat. The table was covered in bowls of stew, rolls of bread, and goblets of cider.

   Everyone at the table was having small talk. Theo and Angie were talking to each other from across the table. Eliza and all of the Hamilton brothers, besides Philip, were chatting. Aaron, Philip, and Alexander were talking politics, but Aaron wouldn't share that he was running for office.

   Dinner was pleasant. Although, Theo and Philip still were surprised at how well Aaron and Alexander were getting along. Once dinner finished, Philip opened the gifts from his family. They were pretty basic things like books, clothes, and trinkets. Then Theo and Philip went into the home library, Theo holding her box anxiously.

   Philip was sitting in the sofa, but Theo couldn't sit down. "Love, you know you can sit, right?" The young man said, patting the spot on the sofa.

   Theo shook her head. "I can't sit down right now. I'm too excited to give you your gift." The young woman handed her boyfriend the maroon box eagerly. "Open it!" She told him.

   Philip laughed softly and pulled the lid off from the box. "Oh my god." He gasped, pulling the book from the box. He lifted it up and looked at it in awe. "Did you made this?" She nodded. He started flipping through the pages, reading her nice, neat writing on them. The first page explained their whole first meeting and then the moments continued on from page to page.

   From the garden, to reuniting in the marketplace, and their very first kiss. There were other moments like Theo sneaking out of her window and the father bonding. "What do you think?" Theo asked timidly, peaking over at all of the pages.

   Philip looked up from the book, then placed the book beside him. "This is the most amazing gift I've ever received." He told her, pulling her into his arms. "Thank you so much, love. This was amazing."

   They kissed before Theo grabbed the book once more. "Wait, there's more to it." She opened the book, flipping towards the back of the book. Philip looked at the book with a confused look.

   "I'm confused, why are these blank?" He looked back over at her, furrowing his eyebrows.

   "They're blank so that we can write more over the course of our lives. Our story." She said softly, closing the book and placing it back into the sofa.

   "You're beyond amazing." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I'm so lucky." Theo wrapped her arms around him. The two kissed again before being called back into the dining room. "Greatest birthday ever."

———––
Hey guys! Since this story will be ending soon (nooo), should I already start posting my new story or wait until I finish this one?

Anyway, I hope you liked this fluffy chapter! I love you all! Thank you for reading. Have a wonderful day.