Chapter XIII:

Chapter XIII:

Okay

"Okay."

Philip's eyes enlarged as he rattled his brain for a response. He was expecting something more like a lecture about why it wasn't a good idea, but she said okay. "O-okay?" He double checked, making sure her response was real, not just a figment of his imagination. "You said okay?" Theo nodded, letting a large smile form on her lips. The two threw their arms around each other, both of them falling backwards, Theo on top of Philip. The two giggled with you. "I can't believe you said yes."

Theo looked down at the boy, enjoying it a bit considering this may be the only time in her life she's look down on him. "Of course I said yes, but I'm a bit upset." Theo informed him, which quickly changed his expression.

"What? Why?" A worried Philip asked.

"I wanted to ask you." She told him, which put a smile back on Philip's face. He should have known. Theo loved flipping stereotypes. "Either way, I'm overjoyed." Philip leaned up from the ground, locking Theo in a soft yet passionate kiss. This went on for a couple minutes before they both broke for air. They both sat up and Theo helped Philip pick stray blades of grass out of his curls.

   Philip's heart was fluttering. Theo wanted to ask? He couldn't believe it. Reuniting with Theo had brought so much happiness into Philip's life. Even through his father's scandal, Philip was still in the happiest place he had ever been in his life. All because of that one girl. How does one person completely change a person's life? Philip didn't know, but he sure knew the effects of it.

   After Theo finished picking the pieces of green from her love's hair, she rested her head on his shoulder, immediately resulting in Philip's arm being draped around her. She loved sitting beside him. It was definitely when she felt safest. She had seen a lot of dark things in her time of coming of age with the nation. Theo had definitely lived through times where she hadn't felt safe, but she had never felt that way around the boy with the curly hair.

   The two had sat there for a while, watching the scenery and watching each other. It was mostly silence, but a comfortable silence. Not an awkward kind. The sunset was the most beautiful thing Theo had ever seen in her fifteen years. The way the colors blended and melted behind the horizon line was art. Sure, Philip thought the sunset was pretty, but he couldn't help but look at Theo's face as she watched the sunset. She marveled at it while he marveled at her. How could anything be more beautiful than the love of his life? Nothing, that is, in his mind.

   Angelica stepped out onto her back porch, waving at the two teenagers under the tree in her yard. "Lovebirds! Dinner's ready!" She hollered before heading back inside the house. Philip and Theo followed Angelica inside to a perfectly set table.  Chicken, cooked vegetables, and mashed potatoes overflowed on the woman's nice China. Angelica took her seat at the head of the table, Theo and Philip each sat on either side of her. They all quickly began eating up and chatting as they did so. "So, Theodosia, Philip tells me you're very into your studies."

   Theo nodded, making sure that all her food was chewed before speaking. She had very good table manners, beside the last dinner with Philip and her father. "Yes, I love my studies." She answered. "Arithmetic, French, Latin, Algebra, Writing, and Sciences. I also play piano." Angelica smiled at all of Theo's achievements, and so did Philip. He knew that his girlfriend was more intelligent than he was, and he would never deny that. He actually took pride in it.

"Wow, impressive." Angelica said, taking a sip of wine from her glass. "I do love a strong, intelligent young woman." Theo let out a small laugh, which caused Angelica to smirk and Philip to smile.

"Thank you." She shared a smile with Angelica Schuyler, another strong, intelligent woman. Angelica really liked Theo. She was funny, classy, smart, and best of all, made her nephew the happiest young man in the world. She really hoped that she stuck around for a long time. "This is a wonderful meal, Ms. Schuy— ... Angelica."

Philip slightly leaned over the the table, whispering across to Theo. "Nice save." He said with a small hint of laughter. Theo looked at her boyfriend, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Angelica is right there. She can most definitely here what we're saying." Theo whispered back. Angelica just looked around, acting as if she wasn't hearing a word.

"No, there's no way she can here us." Theo and Philip both looked in Angelica reaction as she continued eating, pretending not to hear a word. "See, I told you."

   Theo shook her head, smiling to herself. "Of course. When will I learn?" She teased him. "You're always right, aren't you?" Philip snickered as Angelica stifled a laugh.

   "I honestly don't know." She laughed as she finished up her meal. Angelica took the plates from the teenagers, leaving the two of them at the table, staring into each other' eyes. "I adore your aunt, by the way."

   "I can tell she adores you too." Philip smiled, bringing a smile to his girlfriend's face. "I adore you too."

   Theo blushed slightly, just enough that Philip saw. "I know you do. You tell me every single day." Philip nodded. "And I know you don't lie. I love you." Theo grabbed Philip's hands from across the table, squeezing them gently. "I love you so very much, Philip Hamilton."

   "I love you too, Theodosia Burr." The two smiled at each other. "Thank you for coming with me to visit my aunt."

   "Of course. You could ask me to go with you anywhere and I'd always say yes." Philip smiled widely, hoping to hold her to that until the day he died. "Even if it's somewhere ridiculous or unusual. I'd follow you anywhere."

   "How did I get so lucky as to find the most perfect young woman on this planet?" This time, Theo blushed brighter. She couldn't wait until Philip graduated from King's College. She couldn't wait to become Mrs. Philip Hamilton.

—————
SO. MUCH. FLUFF. I hope you all enjoyed this! I had a lot of funny writing such a fluffy chapter. I love you all, thank you for reading. Have a wonderful day.