Chapter XXX:

Chapter XXX:

Reunion

   An anxious seventeen year old, waiting to be united with the love of his life, in his mind, the most perfect young woman in the whole word. This was Philip Hamilton. He stood under a large oak tree, becoming cold in the March breeze. He was nervous for some reason. He hadn't seen her in four months. He was scared that the girl had changed her feelings for him. She wouldn't, he told himself. No way. He was just overthinking now. To hold Theo in his arms again, that would be enough.

    He walked around the tree, killing time while he was waiting for Georges to escort Theo to the park where he was waiting. After many paces around it, two people began walking into his view. One, a tall young man with frizzy hair tied back into a ponytail, and the other, a small young woman with curls that bounced with every step she took. The two were arm and arm. Philip stopped in his tracks, staring off at the pair. It was her. His heartbeat sped up faster than it ever had before.

   Theo looked straight at the boy waiting in the park. She held her breath. Her eyes were wide open, afraid that if she blinked, he may disappear right before her eyes. She first held on to Georges' arm tightly before Georges tapped her am, telling her to go on ahead. And she did. She let go of Georges and ran faster than she ever thought her legs could carry her. She ran until she wasn't anymore, until she threw herself into the young man's open arms.

She gripped the back of his jacket tightly, like someone was going to rip him right from her. Theo stood on her toes and buried her face in his neck, letting out small cries. God, she missed him. Philip's eyes flooded with tears as he held the girl's petite frame in his arms. He lifted her up off the ground, squeezing her tightly before placing her back down. Both hearts were overcome with joy and love. They released each other, a pair of brown eyes meeting a golden-green pair. "My dearest, Theodosia." Philip whispered, still holding onto the girl.

"Philip, my love." Theo cried, her emotions uncontrollable. They hugged once more, this one quicker than the last. "My god, I love you." She said loudly, placing her hands on his cheeks. "My love." She muttered, caressing them softly.

   "Don't stress, my dear, I'm here." He said, beaming at her. Never had he ever smiled so brightly. Philip looked over at his friend, who had brought the two of them together again. "Thank you, Georges. I can't thank you enough." Theo turned, smiling at her friend.

   Georges forced a smile towards his friends, while he was slowly dying inside. "You both owe me now." He said, clearly joking. The two smiled at their French friend before turning back to each other.

   "How've you been?" Theo asked before her facial expression changed from happiness to annoyance. "Oh no!" She said, placing her hand on the young man's chest. "I forgot your birthday gift. I've had it sitting under my bed for months." Philip's birthday was January the eleventh, and due to her father, Theo had missed it.

   "Don't worry." He told her, placing his hand on hers. "Seeing you is the greatest gift I could have ever received." Theo smiled, leaning in to place a kiss on the boy's lips, which he quickly returned. "You're so very beautiful." He told her. He hadn't been able to tell her that in what seemed like forever. She blushed, as usual. "How are you, has your father lightened up?"

   Theo shrugged. "I've been as good as I can be, considering our current situation. As for my father, he's lightened up enough that he actually allowed me to be escorted out of the house by someone other than himself." Philip nodded, accepting her answer.

   The two stood there for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's company after months of separation. Then, Philip broke the silence. "Theo, just so you know, I still plan on marrying you, wether your father gives me him approval or not." Theo looked up at the boy. "I know his approval is important to you, but shouldn't your happiness come first, that is, if you still want to marry me."

   Theo nodded eagerly. "Of course I do." She told him, which caused him to smile widely. "We could run away together. Right now." She gripped the front of his jacket. "We can start fresh somewhere. Anywhere but New Jersey."

   "Theo—"

   "We can get married, start lives together. We could change our names. We could be happy together, just you and I." She looked up at him, pleading. "I love you, Philip. We can go right now."

   "Theo, we can't just go and run off." Philip shook his head. "As much as I love you, I love you more than anyone and anything, but we can't do such a thing." Theo looked very disappointed, and put her head down.

   "Why can't we then?"

   "I still must finish school, I can't just get up and leave my parents, my siblings, my life. You need to stay for your father. He'd be broken if he lost you. As angry as you are with him, you can't do such a thing. You would regret it, and I can't be at fault of that."

   Theo looked down at their interlocked hands. She wanted to run off, but Philip had he thinking now. She probably would regret leaving her father. As much pain as her father had caused her, leaving him alone would be cruel. He had already lost so much in life. "You're right." She met his eyes again.

   "Aren't I always?" Theo rolled her eyes playfully, scoffing as well. Philip placed a kiss on her nose. "I missed you, my dearest, Theo."

   "I missed you too, my love." Theo replied. The two eventually involved Georges in their conversations, feeling guilty about leaving him there, standing still. After a few hours of conversation, they all agreed that it was time to bring Theo back home. Despite both Theo and Georges' arguing, Philip decided to the join the two on their walk home. The three made their way back to the Burr house.

   Despite more arguing, Philip joined them on the front porch of the house. Theo opened her front door, stepping inside and bidding her goodbyes. She gave Georges a tight hug and Philip a kiss. Just before closing the door, Aaron peered around the corner, seeing the three teenagers. Philip's eyes met the man's. "Hello, Mr. Burr, sir."

—————
I can't believe this is the thirtieth chapter! The pace will begin to pick up because I'd only like to have about twenty to thirty chapters more.

Thank you for reading! I love you all! Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day!