Chapter VIII

Chapter VIII:

Plans

   How was one person, Philip Hamilton, supposed to watch four of his siblings alone? It was practically an impossible task. He needed help. Philip had complained to his aunt about the task, but his aunt Angelica wasn't having it. "Just have Angie help you, Philip. She's only a year younger than you." That was not the answer he was looking for. Philip groaned and stood up from his chair. "Stop being so dramatic." Angelica told him without looking up from her book.

"I'm not dramatic, Angelica." Philip said. Angelica didn't even try to stifle her laugh. Philip glared at his aunt as she laughed at his comment.

"The only person more dramatic than you is your farther... nice try though." She turned a page in her favorite book and began reading again. Philip left the room in a huff. He did love his siblings, but he wanted to spend the day with Theo. They even had plans... kind of. Theo had plans to go to the library and study, and Philip was just going to tag along. He didn't really care what he did where he was with Theo, just being with her was his favorite thing in the world, even if it's just for a moment. Philip figured there was no point in arguing with his aunt. She'd win.

   Philip decided to stop in at Theo's house to tell her that their plans for the day had to be canceled. He walked for five minutes before arriving upon the Burr household. He walked up the front steps and knocked on the door. Philip couldn't help but smile while thinking about Theo on the other side of the door. He looked around the front yard as he heard the door open. "Love." Philip turned to see the wrong Burr standing in the doorway. "Oh, hello Mr. Burr. It's a pleasure to see you again." Philip's face was a bright pink, clearly embarrassed that he had referred to Aaron Burr as 'Love.'

   "Mr. Hamilton." Aaron said in a flat tone. Mr. Burr never mentioned the fact that his daughter's boyfriend had called him love, which provided Philip with relief. "Can I help you?" He asked, titling his head.

   "I-Is Theodosia home?" Aaron Burr made Philip very nervous, all the time, for as long as he could remember. The man could easily just decide that Theo could never see him again, and that was absolutely terrifying to him.

   Burr nodded slowly and narrowed his gaze at the young boy, which oddly made Philip adjust his posture. "Hold on." He said. Philip stepped forward, ready to go inside the house but Aaron shut the door fast, right in front of his face.

   "Okay, then." Philip told himself. After a few moments, Theo had opened the door and was now standing before him. "Hi." He said goofily. Although they were dating, he still got nervous around her. It was a good nervous, though. Not like an 'Aaron Burr' nervous.

   "Hey, I thought you weren't supposed to be here until later." Theo stepped out onto her front porch, shutting the door behind her. "Not that I don't love the surprise, because I do. I love seeing you." Philip smiled in return.

   "I know, but it looks like I won't be going with you. My aunt is having me watch my siblings." Philip wined. He was really looking forward to spending time with Theo, and by the look on her face, she was too. Theo tilted her head down, but Philip quickly lifted it back up. "Why don't you come with me? Take a break from your studies." Philip suggested. "I can't promise it'll be fun, but at least we'll be together."

   Theo nodded and wore a bright smile on her face. "Yeah, that sounds wonderful. I'd love to."  This brought a smile to Philip's face. "When?"

   Philip brought his hand behind his head and awkwardly scratched it. "Now, actually. If that's alright." Theo nodded.

   "Just let me tell my father that I'm heading out." Theo opened the door without turning away from Philip. She slipped inside, leaving Philip alone on the Burr porch once again. After a few minutes, both the Burrs had appeared in front of the Hamilton boy. One wore a stern look and the other an annoyed one.

   "Where are you taking my daughter, Mr. Hamilton?" Burr asked, folding his arms over his chest. "Somewhere dangerous? Somewhere far?" He questioned.

   Philip rubbed his arms and shrugged. "To the park, Sir." Theo smiled softly at Philip's response and her father's face, filled with embarrassment.

   "Oh, alright then." Theo stepped out onto the porch after placing a small kiss on her father's cheek. "Be safe and... have fun." He obviously forced the last part out as Theo and Philip left his sight.

   When they arrived back at the Hamilton house, Theo was quickly ambushed by Angelica Hamilton, whom she had become friends with during the course of Theo dating Angie's brother. "Theo!" Angie engulfed the young woman in a hug. "Are you coming with us?"

   Theo giggled and hugged her friend back. "I am. I'm very excited." Angie looked very different from her friend. Like her brother, Angie was tall, thin and had curly dark hair. Unlike her brother, she had pale skin, brown eyes and very defined cheekbones.  Theo and Angie were both the same age.

   All of the giggling from the two girls drew the other Hamilton children into the entryway of the house. Thirteen year old Alexander Jr. rushed in, greeting his brother's girlfriend, whom he had a bit of a crush on. "Theodosia, it's a pleasure you're joining us." Alexander Jr. was about the same height as the Burr girl and looked just like his older brother. Theo smiled and tried to reply but was interrupted by eleven year old James Alexander.

   "Theo's coming! Great!" The boy tugged at Theo's dress, trying to get her attention. James Alexander looked more like his mother. Brown eyes, straight black hair, and a round face. Like all his siblings, he was tall and thin. It was a trait all of the Hamilton children shared.

   Seven year old John Church dashed in. Instead of running up to Theo, he ran to his brother. "How come we all like Theo more than we like you?" Theodosia laughed loudly and Philip scowled. John Church looked almost identical to his father. Due to his young age William Stephen wouldn't be going with the group.

   All of Philip's siblings swarmed his girlfriend, all trying to talk to her at once. (You can imagine how that went.) It did make Philip overjoyed that his family loved Theo almost as much as he did. Actually, not almost. The Hamilton children did love Theo. Philip Hamilton more than loved Theodosia Burr. He considered her his soulmate. One day, her would marry her, he promised himself that much.

—————
Originally, they were going to go to the park in this chapter, but I wanted something to work with in the next chapter incase I didn't have anything to work with (yikes.) I hope you enjoyed.