Chapter XIV:

Chapter XIV:

The Hamiltons

   "You did what?" Philip's sister, Angie, asked him. Philip had just told his sister that he had asked Theo to marry him after he graduated from King's College. Angie was the only person he told about that, and she was definitely not expecting that. "Are you insane, Phil?"

   "I'm not insane, Ang. I wouldn't have asked her if I wasn't a hundred percent positive. I know what I want and I want to spend the rest of my life with this girl." He informed his sister. He trusted his sister not to share this information with anyone else, especially their parents. He couldn't imagine how his parents would react to this.

   "Philip, you're sixteen. It's premature! Who knows if you'll even be together by then." Angie didn't mean to rain on his parade, but one of the siblings had be realistic, and she took it upon herself.

   "Angelica, I know that I'll still be with Theo. I can't see myself with anyone else. She feels the same way as I do." Angie shook her head.

   "I don't know, Philip." The kitchen was absolutely silent until Angie spoke again. Philip expected his sister to be happy for him. She adored Theo. Angie considered Theo to be her best friend. "Philip, I'm sorry. I'm happy for you, I really am. I just don't think you've thought this through." Philip shook his head.

   "I've thought this through a million times over, Ang. I've never been more sure of anything in my whole life." Angie looked at her brother.

"Did you tell Mum or Dad?" Angie asked. She assumed her parents would be shocked and probably wouldn't be too pleased with him asking a woman for her hand, especially since she was Aaron Burr's daughter. It wasn't common for a man to ask the girl for her hand in marriage but not her father for her hand. Philip shook his head. That's one thing he was actually scared about. "Does her father know?"

"Oh god." Philip muttered. "I forgot out her father." Now that was something to afraid of. After Philip's dinner with the Burr family, he knew that this would end badly. Theo wouldn't tell her father, would she? Of course not. She never even wanted to have the dinner because she had a bad feeling about it. Theo had good instincts. "We'll just have to tell him... in three years."

"You're just going to avoid it?" Angie asked. Philip got up from his seat at the kitchen, nodding his answer. "Okay, fine. I'm not going to stop you. Don't come to be me to be your conscious. I won't do it anymore." Angie got up too, heading in the opposite direction of her lovesick brother.

   Philip made his way upstairs to his mother's room. Maybe telling his mother was a good thing. She was wise and maybe, just maybe, provide him with some support. Philip was nervous though. He didn't know what his mother would say. He knocked on the door, quickly being invited inside. Eliza was sitting on her bed, book in hand. "Philip, dear. Hello." Philip sat down on the edge of his mother's bed, looking at her with a blank expression. "What's wrong?"

"I have something I need to tell you." He Tim her. "You cannot interrupt until I'm finished though." Eliza nodded. "When I went to Angelica's with Theo, I asked her something really big." Philip swallowed really hard, working up the courage to say what he had to say. "I asked her to marry me." Eliza dropped her book on the bed. "We're not marrying soon. After I graduate. When I'm nineteen and when she's eighteen." Eliza looked flabbergasted. "You can speak now, Ma."

"What in the world are you thinking?! Philip, you're practically a child! You can't get married!" She practically shrieked at her son. This was definitely not expecting that. Her son had asked a woman to marry her. Philip looked disappointed. The two people he had told weren't happy for him.

"Ma." He said in a low voice. "I love her."

"Philip, honey. I know you love Theodosia. I know how much you love that girl. I know she means the world to you, but marriage is a very serious thing. Are you sure that this is what you want to do?"

"Of course. This is what I want. She's the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. I want to grow old with her. She's the only person in the world for me." Eliza nodded, grabbing her son's hand gently.

"Don't tell your father just yet." Eliza told him. Philip looked very confused. His mother was just scolding him, and now she's being supportive? "I've been telling everyone since the start that the two of you would end up together." Philip flashed his mom a bright smile. Eliza's smile turned into a stern expression. "I swear to god, Philip Hamilton, if you treat that girl the way your father has treated me—"

"Ma, I would never." Philip said. "Paps isn't a bad man. He just slipped up... badly. He still loves you, Ma." Eliza nodded slowly. "What he did wasn't right, but he deserves forgiveness. We need to get past this whole thing."

"Not yet." Eliza muttered. "Not just yet." Eliza couldn't forgive the man who had who had ruined her life. She still loved the man, but she was still beyond angry. "But we'll not get into this." Eliza patted her son's hand. "I'm so proud to call you my son, Philip."

Philip smiled softly at his mother. He loved his mother so much. "I'm proud to have you as my mother, Ma." Eliza hugged her son tightly. He had such a bright future, and she knew he'd go far. He was his father's son after all. Philip wouldn't let all of that go to his go to his head though. He was his mother's son after all.

That night, Philip stayed up late writing to his dearest, Theodosia.

Dearest, Theodosia,

Today I told my mother what I asked you in my aunt Angelica's backyard the other day. It was quite odd, actually. She began yelling at me, then was supportive, then she began yelling at me again. She told me not to break your heart. I would never, and you know that. I love you, Theodosia Elizabeth Burr.

Yours always,
Philip Hamilton

—————
I had major writers block in this chapter. I apologize for that. If anyone has any ideas on how to carry on the story, that would be fantastic. I love you all. Have a wonderful day and thank you for reading.

ALSO THIS STORY HAS OVER 300 READS. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH.

Also also, I want to thank my avid readers (you all know who you are!) I wouldn't be anywhere without you guys. So thank you, thank you, thank you. My love for you all is endless.