Chapter XVII:

Chapter XVII:

Friends

     Philip loved weekends. He got to spend all his time with Theo throughout those two days. Philip kept his school life and personal life pretty separate. None of Philip's friends knew Theo, and Theo didn't know any of Philip's friends. It wasn't that he was ashamed of Theo, because by all means he was not. He was beyond proud to even know her. He wasn't exactly ashamed of his friends, but he was a bit embarrassed by them. They weren't as mature as he was, they were pretty childish and had practically no boundaries. That's why he didn't want to introduce them to Theo.

   Theo and Philip were walking back from the park, their favorite place to be together. The air was starting to get cooler, so they walked hand and hand, close together. They had been out all day, so Theo was resting her head on her boyfriend's shoulder, clearly tired. Philip was walking the girl home for the night when he heard someone calling his name. "Hamilton!" Philip's face flashed quickly with panic, then relaxed again. Theo turned her head to focus on the voice. Three boys ran up behind the pair, all of them playfully shoving Philip, which pulled him away from Theo.

   "Hey, guys." Philip said forcefully, looking around for Theo. "What are you doing in town? Shouldn't you be in your dorms or something?" Philip relaxed when he finally spotted Theo amongst the group of jumping and hollering boys.

   "We came to visit you, bloke!" One of them hollered loudly. This was Geogres Washington Lafayette. He was probably the nicest of the three of Philip's friends. He patted Philip on the shoulder pretty hard. He looked almost exactly like his father, Marquis De Lafayette.

   "Yeah, jeez, Hamilton! You're always hiding out from us. What's the deal?" (I don't know anymore actual historical people Philip's age, so the other two are made up) This was Edward Smith. He was the rudest of all of Philip's friends. Everyone has that one friend they secretly hate, and for Philip, Edward was that friend. "Let's go do something."

   Steven Right was the third friend in Philip's friend group. He was the rather quiet one. That was about it. Philip forced a smile out at all of his friends. "Hey, that's great, but I already have plans. Right now, actually." Theo was still standing there, observing. Philip looked over at the girl, smiling softly, and she smiled back. The three boys looked over at the uncomfortable girl.

"Who's this?" Edward said slyly, stepping closer to her, wrapping his arm around her waist. "I'm Edward, and you are?"

"Not interested in you." She said coldly, stepping away from the sleazy boy. Philip held back a laugh. The other boys snickered under their breath, which Edward did not like.

"What's your problem, love?" Edward stepped close to the girl again before Philip decided to intervene.

"Okay, Edward, that's enough. Leave her be." Philip said, a little harsher than he had intended to be, but he could tell that Edward was trying to make a move and he did not like it in the slightest bit. He walked over to Theo, placing a protective arm around her waist, which made Theo smile.

Theo was perfectly capable of handling herself around sleazy, disgusting boys, but she found it really nice when Philip stuck up from her. Philip did get jealous from time to time. He knew Theo could be with anyone she wanted, and Philip thought that she could do so much better than himself, so he cherished his girlfriend. Theo thought his jealousy was cute.

"Oh, okay, Hamilton. I see what this is. This is your girlfriend! Why didn't you tell us about her? Why didn't you tell us she was attractive?" Edward asked, getting a few small laughs from the other two boys. Theo rolled her eyes. Philip just stared, trying to hide his annoyance with his friend.

"I don't have to share everything with you, Smith. I keep all the good things from you boys." He said. The boys all laughed, thinking that he was just teasing and messing around. Theo knew better than that. He was pretty ticked. "I think we're going to get going, huh, Theo?"

"Gladly." She said, staring down Edward Smith. The pair started walking off before they were stopped by the trio of boys again.

"Oh come on, let's have some fun, Hamilton!" They all skipped ahead of the couple, grinning at all of them. "And you too, Theresa." Edward added.

Theo furrowed her brows at the boy. "Theo." She hissed at him. "My name is Theodosia, not Theresa." Edward shrugged, acting like he had never heard it before, let alone a moment earlier. "Philip just said it. How much of a halfwit are you?" She placed her free hand on her hip. Philip liked Theo when she was sassy. He liked seeing that she could handle herself, it put him at ease. She looked up at her boyfriend. "Can we go now, I'm getting really cold."

Philip nodded, wrapping his arm around the shivering girl. "Yeah, of course. I'll see you at school, boys." They all booed him playfully as he walked off with Theo. Theo shivered more, obviously not good with the good temperature. "You're still shivering. Here." Philip took off his jacket, wrapping her in it. "There."

"Philip." She said, looking at the boy. "Now you're going to be cold." She rubbed his arm gently. "Here, take it back." Theo attempted to take off the jacket and hand it back, but he wouldn't let her.

"Theo, I'm serious. Take it, you're practically ice." They we're almost at the Burr house anyway. It was getting dark and they were watching the sun set as they walked. Theo's favorite image in the world was a sunset. Philip's favorite image in the world was Theo watching a sunset. It made him smile more than anything.

The two arrived at the Burr house and Aaron Burr was waiting on the porch for them. Theo took a sharp breath of annoyance and Philip stiffened up. They walked up there together. "Thank you for getting my daughter home, Mr. Hamilton. You're late, but thank you." Philip nodded as Aaron opened the door. "I'll see you inside, Theo." Theo nodded as her father went inside.

"Thank you for a wonderful day, Philip." Theo said, handing the jacket over to Philip. "I had a great time. I missed you."

"I missed you too." Philip said, taking his jacket back. "I'm very sorry about my friends from school. They're idiots." Theo laughed softly, nodding in agreement.

"They are, but it's okay." She said, gripping his hands gently. "I'm going inside now. I love you, I'll see you tomorrow, Philip." Theo stepped up on her toes, giving him a gentle kiss.

"I love you too, Theodosia. I'll see you." With that, Philip left the Burr household. Someday, Philip would still get to walk Theo home, but not to her house, to their house.

—————
Thank you all for reading this chapter! I appreciate you all so much! I love you guys! Also, I'm going to do a little meet the author right now, so feel free to skip if you're not interested.

My name is Jordan and I'm fifteen years old. I'm a girl and I live in New England in the United States. I've loved writing my whole life! It was pretty recently that I started listening to Hamilton. American History is my favorite class so of course, I love it. My favorite characters from Hamilton are Angelica Schuyler and John Laurens. My favorite original cast members are Jasmine Cephas Jones and Johnathan Groff. I've never seen Hamilton but it's my dream to go.

I appreciate you all so much and my love for you is endless. You guys are my inspiration for writing. Thank you for everything!

   Also! I upload a story about my otp: Lams! It's called Never in Doubt! Go check it out!