Chapter XXVI:

Chapter XXVI:

A Winter's Ball

Theo's room was a disaster. Her and Angie had brought all of the out into Theo's room from her closet. Angie had brought over a few of her own dresses. Theo and Angie were the same size, but Angie was taller than Theo so the dresses would be far too short on her. The hostess flopped down onto her bed, groaning loudly as she did so. "I can't decide, Angie!" She screeched, pressing her fingers to her temple. "There's too many choices." Angie sat down beside her, giggling to herself.

"Theo, you could put anything on and be so gorgeous." Theo shook her head, getting up off her bed and looking at all of her options. After a couple of hours, Theo had narrowed it down to three options. One was a red-orange color. The second was a pale green. The third was a crystal blue color, which was incredibly appropriate for a winter's ball. "And pick the blue one, Theo. It's gorgeous." The girl swiped it from the bed and headed towards the bathroom to change.

   When she came back out, Angie full on screamed. "Angie, what's wrong?" Theo said, running over to the girl. The Hamilton girl smiled brightly.

   "You look absolutely gorgeous! Philip will be speechless!" Theo blushed as she looked at her friend, who was dressed in a red gown. Angie spun around, letting her dress swing. "What do you think Georges will think of me?" Georges took Theo's advice and asked Angie to the Ball.

    "He'll think you're the most beautiful girl in the room." Theo said, looping her arm around her friend's. The two walked down the stairs, seeing Aaron Burr and the carriage driver.

   "Well, you girls look beautiful." Aaron said sweetly, getting a blush from the two girls. The family carriage driver nodded in agreement. "We should probably get off now, your dates will meet you two there." The girls nodded and headed outside to the carriage, stepping inside. The ride to the Ball was fairly short, but the two girls were pretty nervous about arriving.

    The ball was beautifully decorated. George Washington was hosting it. Inside, Philip and Georges were waiting together. "My sister isn't just some girl, Georges. She's special, and if you hurt her, I'll see you on the dueling ground." Georges laughed. "Don't laugh, I'm serious. Don't hurt Angie."

   "I won't hurt your sister, mom ami." Georges explained. The two young men's eyes made their ways to the entryway as their dates walked inside. Angie was right, Philip speechless as soon as he saw the love of his life. There were no words to form how beautiful Theo looked. The girls quickly walked over to their dates.

   "Theo..." Philip said softly, unable to say more. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. Theo blushed brightly, reaching for his hand, Philip taking hers. The two made their way to the dance floor, starting to dance slowly in each other's arms, and leaving Georges and Angie together.

   "Angelica Hamilton." Georges said softly, looking at Angie with total heart eyes. "You look beautiful." The girl blushed brightly as Georges put his arm out for her. Angie took it and the two made their way to the dance floor.

    "You look absolutely gorgeous, my love." Philip said softly, spinning Theo around like a ballerina in a jewelry box. The two swayed back and forth to the sound of the music. Theo began imagining something wonderful. She closed her eyes, picturing her wedding with Philip. She could see herself dancing with her new husband, their first dance as husband and wife. It was beautiful, it was perfect.

    Both Theo and Philip saw Aaron and Alexander watching them from opposite sides of the room, but the two ignored them. They both also saw Angie and Georges dancing with each other. "He took my advice." Theo told Philip. "Angie looks so happy." Philip smiled, placing a kiss on the girl's head.

    "I'm proud of you." He said softly, getting a bright blush out of Theo. The couple watched as Angie and Georges broke out into a fit of laugher, which made Theo and Philip laugh softly. They looked genuinely happy. Hopefully, Theo and Georges could put that 'incident' behind them.

   Philip spun Theo around again, getting a giggle from him. They danced around the whole room, people watching and people muttering at the sight of two rivals' children. "Is that Alexander Hamilton's son?"

   "And with Aaron Burr's daughter?"

   "What do you think their relation is?"

   "Romantically involved?" The two just ignored the adults muttering. Angie and Georges walked over to the couple, smiling at the two of them.

   "Partner switch?" Angie asked the two. Theo and Philip agreed, switching their partners. The Hamilton siblings took off to dance with each other, leaving Georges Washington Lafayette and Theodosia Burr.

   "Miss. Theodosia Burr." Georges said, taking her hand and beginning to dance with the girl. "How is your night going, dear?" Theo danced along with her friend.

   "This night is like a dream, Georges." She said, turning her gaze towards the giggling Hamilton siblings, dancing around like dorks. "How is everything going with Angie?" Theo said with a smirk.

   "Angie... god, Theodosia you were right." He said, smiling softly. "Angelica Hamilton is absolutely wonderful. She's beautiful, smart, witty, and kind." Theo couldn't believe that Georges was gushing about Angie to her. It was adorable.

   "Of course I was right, Georges. I'm hardly, hardly ever wrong. You're welcome, by the way." She winked quickly, getting a laugh out of Georges. Philip and Angie had returned.

   "I'd like to have my girlfriend back please, Georges." Philip said, smiling at Theo. Georges spun Theo around into Philip's arms, quickly taking Angie's arm, the two walking off somewhere. "Are we matchmakers now?" He asked, implying the new Georges and Angie relationship.

   Theo laughed softly, nodding. "Yes, I believe that we are." Philip wrapped his arms around Theo's waist, pulling her in closer. Theo wrapped her arms around Philip's neck, smiling up at him. Their lips met, sharing a kiss in front of everyone in the ballroom. That was one thing about Philip and Theo, they didn't care who was watching, they were in love.

—————
The next chapter will also be part of the winter's ball! I hope you all enjoyed this. I love you all! Have a great day!