Chapter XX:

Chapter XX:

Jealousy

   Philip Hamilton was very much in love with Theodosia Burr. She was the only girl for him. He knew that. What Philip didn't know was that he had a very flirty personality. It wasn't intentional, it just how he was. A lot of people noticed this trait in Philip, especially Theodosia. She knew that her boyfriend was oblivious to it, and she knew that he couldn't help it, but it may had been one of the only things about Philip that she didn't necessarily enjoy. Not only was he flirty, the young women in New York really liked the son of Alexander Hamilton.

   Theo and Philip decided to meet up in the market. They were going to prepare baked goods for Angelica Schuyler, who was coming to visit the family. Theo was running a bit behind on her own personal schedule. She had to mail a few letters for her father before making her way there. When she arrived at market, she immediately began scanning her eyes in search of her boyfriend. She walked around, looking out for him.

Philip was leaned up against a cart filled with bread, chatting with a girl around his age. The girl was obviously flirting with him. She would touch his arm gently, giggle at everything, and stare at everything about him. When Theo saw this, she stood away for a bit, calming herself. Practically every single teenage girl in New York City had a crush on Philip Hamilton. Who would blame them? Definitely not Theo. She was well aware as to how desirable her boyfriend was. "Calm down, Theo. It's just talk. She's just being friendly... stroking your boyfriend's arm." She told herself.

The girl was stroking his arm. "Oh, Philip, why did it take us so long to meet? We're a wonderful pair!" She said softly, laughing as she spoke.

Philip scratched the back of his head. "Huh, yeah." Why was she stroking his arm? This was definitely making him uncomfortable. "That's cool." He said awkwardly. Why was she coming on to him? He was just being nice. "You have a really nice laugh."

"Awe, Philip, thank you." She laughed some more. Theo watched from her spot behind the carts, resisting the urge to charge over there. Most of the time, Theo forgot she had a temper. That was, until she saw stuff like this. Then she clearly remembered. "You're so cute, Philip." She playfully shoved him.

Theo couldn't take it anymore. Philip was very intelligent, but how in the world could he not see this? Theo walked over to Philip and the girl, immediately wrapping her arm around her boyfriend's waist. "Philip, love. Sorry I'm late. I had to mail some of Daddy's mail." Philip couldn't tell when he was being flirted with, but he could tell when Theo was jealous. She had a very forced smirk whenever when she was jealous. It was a dead giveaway.

"Theo, my love, hey. Don't worry about being late. It's no big deal." He placed his hand on her arm, trying to calm her down before she flipped out on the girl.

"Can I help you?" Theo asked the girl, placing her hand on her hip, smirking right at her. The girl pressed her lips together, forcing a smile at the girl standing in the way of her and her dream of being with Philip Hamilton.

"You can't. I was actually having a wonderful conversation with Philip before you came over and rudely interrupted us." The girl folded her arms across her chest, waiting for a comeback from Theo.

"Hmm, interesting that you say that, because I hardly saw anything going on over here." Theo said. Philip knew very well that this could end badly. He took his girlfriend's hand in his own, squeezing it gently.

"Hey, Theo. Do you want to get going now? We still have to shop around for that stuff for Angelica's pastries." Theo shook her head.

"Philip, listen. I like you a lot. I know we just met, but I see a future for the two of us." The girl pleaded. "Please."

"I'm sorry, but Theo is the only one I see a future with." Theo looked up at Philip, smiling at him with so much love. "Try again with someone else maybe."

"Fine then." The girl was off, leaving the couple at the cart. Philip kissed Theo softly on the lips, smiling at her afterwards. They began walking around the marketplace, hand in hand.

"I'm sorry about all of that." Theo told him. "That was inappropriate of me, I shouldn't have stooped down to her low level." Philip placed a kiss on her head as the starting purchasing things.

"Don't worry about it, Theo. It's pretty cute when you get jealous, honestly." Theo blushed. "Just remember what I tell you every time, I love you. There's nobody else, I love you more than anyone, you know that."

"Yeah, I know that I know." She looked at him sweetly. "I love you too. She was just so dreadful, I couldn't stand by and watch her throw herself at you." Philip laughed softly at his girlfriend's disgust. "This isn't funny, Philip."

   "It's kind of funny." He told her, placing a few kisses on her cheek. "She's nothing compared to you, love. Nobody is." Theo blushed, giggling softly as they finished purchasing the last of their ingredients for the treats they were making for Angelica's arrival.

   The two walked back to Philip's house, laughing and chatting as they did so. They got to the door of his house and entered inside, seeing Angelica Schuyler standing in the kitchen with Eliza Hamilton. "Angelica! You're not supposed to be here yet." Philip said, dropping all the ingredients onto the table.

    Theo walked over to Angelica and the two hugged, which caught Philip a bit off guard. Ever since Angelica and Theo met, they had been writing back and forth to each other, forming a friendship. "It's so good to see you, Theodosia!" Angelica said, releasing the girl.

   "It's wonderful to see you too, Angelica. I had missed you since your last encounter." Theo looked back at Philip and the ingredients. "Oh no! We were going to make you pastries as a surprise!"

   "Don't worry dear, all of us can make them together. Philip, Eliza, doesn't that sound nice?" The two nodded, smiling at the two women. "Great, let's get to it then."

   The four began making pastries, Theo and Philip teasing each other more than helping Eliza and Angelica, but the Schuyler Sisters didn't mind. "Remember when I told you the story of the time I tried baking you pasties?" Theo said.

   "I do. Do you remember the I flicked flour at you while baking pastries?" He asked her. Theo shook her head and raised her eyebrow.

   "I don't recall—" Philip took a big pinched of flour, flicking it in his girlfriend's face. "Philip Hamilton!" She yelled, wiping the flour from her face. Eliza and Angelica giggled with each other, watching the scene go down. "I swear—"

   Philip kissed Theo quickly, putting his arms around her, keeping her from talking. When they separated, the two laughed and got back to working on the pasties. Now they had a cute kitchen story.

—————
Some fluff for you all in the end of this chapter! I hope you all enjoyed! Thank you all so much for all your support! I love you all!