Chapter XXXI:

Chapter XXXI:

We Meet Again

   "Hello, Mr. Burr, sir." Philip said, staring Aaron right in the eyes. Theo felt her whole body tense up. This cannot be happening. Aaron made his way closer to the door, a cold expression on his face as he placed his hand protectively on his daughter's shoulder. "It's been so long, how are you?" Georges slowly tried to inch his way off of the porch, but Aaron stared daggers right at him, which caused him to stop dead in his tracks.

   "Mr. Hamilton." Aaron said in a low voice. "I can't say that I'm happy to see you." Philip just shrugged. Theo looked at Philip, her face saying 'I'm sorry.' "Theodosia, if you don't mind, I'd like to speak to you." Theo nodded hesitantly as she followed her father farther into their home, looking back at Philip as she walked. "I can't believe you." Aaron said, a mix of anger and disappointment in his voice.

   "Daddy, let me explain." Theo begged, taking her father's hand in hers. Aaron shook his head. "Daddy, please—"

   "What is it with this boy, Theodosia? Did I do something to you? Is that why you won't let him go?" Aaron asked, wondering if this was all spite.

  "What? No. I love him, Daddy! That's what it is with Philip. You didn't do anything but split us apart. He's sorry about what he did, you just won't listen to him." Theo said, an annoyance in her voice. If she had a dollar for every time she had to tell her father that she was in love with Philip, she'd be richer than Philip Schuyler.

   "I don't have to listen to him. He—"

   "Then listen to your daughter!" Theo yelled, releasing her father's hand in a fit of rage. "You claim you love me more than anything—"

   "I do!"

   "Then start acting like it!" Theo shot back at him. Her hands immediately shot up over her mouth, cupping it. She had just yelled in his face, in her father's face. "Daddy—"

"You're right, Theodosia." He said softly, looking his daughter in the eyes. "You're right." The girl looked confused as her father took her hands. "I'm afraid of losing you, Theo. You're the only one I have left." Aaron had never said that out loud before. All of his family was dead. His wife, dead. He couldn't lose his daughter, especially to a Hamilton.

   "Daddy, you're not going to lose me to Philip, that's ridiculous." Theo couldn't believe that her father actually thought that. "You'll never lose me, Daddy, I promise you." The father and daughter embraced, moving past this very old battle. Aaron smiled, and Theo did too.

"I'm so sorry I've been giving you such a hard time these past couple months. I've been putting my own feelings before yours. I'm an awful—" Theo quickly interrupted her father, knowing what he was on the verge of saying.

"Don't say what I think you're about to say, because it's not true. I forgive you, Daddy." Theo said softly, hugging her father tightly. "You're forgiven." Georges and Philip invited themselves inside of the house, making their way to the same room where the father and daughter were. The two smiled at the sight of Aaron and Theo hugging.

The family felt the presence of the other two in the room and turned to them. Philip took a few steps towards them before stopping. "Mr. Burr, sir—"

"Stop talking, Mr. Hamilton." Aaron said, politely as that statement could possibly been said. He took a deep breath before speaking. "If you still would like to court Theodosia," he paused, trying to be out what he wanted to say. "I'll allow it." Philip and Theo looked at each other, completely shocked. "If it makes my daughter happy, I'll allow it."

Theo immediately jumped into her father's arms, hugging him again as she squealed. Philip hugged his friend too, laughing loudly. Theo and Philip quickly released who they were previously hugging and went on to hug each other. Philip smiled brightly and Theo was practically on the verge of tears. They were in complete disbelief. "Thank you!" Philip beamed. "Thank you, sir!"

   Aaron smiled softly at the pair. Young love. Back at Georges, laying against the wall, watching the whole scene play out. As a friend, he was very happy for Theo and Philip, but as someone who was helplessly in love with Theo, he could practically hear his heart shattering. He felt guilty. Part of him had actually hoped that things wouldn't work out between the couple in hopes of having Theodosia to himself. He forced a smile anyway. Some things aren't meant to be.

   Philip pulled Theo into his arms once more, swinging her around, her dress flying around with her and her giggles filling the air. Georges showed himself out and Aaron left the two alone. "I can't believe it! I can't believe it!" Theo said, practically bouncing up and down, gripping Philip's arms as she did so. "We can do it, Philip! We can get married!" She shrieked, Aaron laughing softly from the other room.

   "I know, Theodosia, my love. I know!" Philip said, excitingly. Seeing Theo so happy was the greatest sight in the world. Theo wrapped her arms around Philip's neck, kissing his lips gently, yet eagerly. "You'll get to be my wife." Philip said, which only caused Theo to smile brighter.

   Philip's wife. Now that sounded almost too good to be true, but yet, it wouldn't be. They were actually going to get married in two years time. It would be true, and they couldn't wait. The two embraced again, thinking about their future.

   In two years, Theo would be eighteen and Philip would be nineteen. Philip would be a latest graduate of King's College and then the two would be married. Husband and wife. Together for the rest of their lives. Theo had been imagining her life after marriage. It would be with Philip, they'd have children, one in which she swore she would name after her father, Aaron, and they would live happily forever. She couldn't wait.

—————
This story is going to get really fluffy, but then it's going to get really, really sad, so prepare yourselves.

Thank you guys for reading! I hope you enjoyed this fluffy chapter! Have a wonderful day/night!