Chapter XII:

Chapter XII:

Angelica Schuyler Church

   A nervous tang ran through Theo's whole body on the carriage ride uptown. She was very aware how much Philip looked up to his aunt. She was very nervous that she was going to disappoint both Angelica and Philip. She dug her fingernails into the palms of her hands, a nervous habit she's had for years. Philip took notice of this and took Theo's hands before they began to bleed. Theo looked up from her hands and up at her boyfriend. "Hey, don't be nervous, Theo. Angelica's going to love you. I'm completely positive. I mean, how could she not love you?" Theo gave the boy a small smile.

   Philip was always talking about how much he looked up to his aunt and how much her opinions mattered to him. It only took the two twenty minutes until they arrived at Angelica's home. Philip stepped out of the carriage first, making sure to help Theo out of the carriage. The two walked to the front of a large house. Philip and Theo were arm and arm when Theo began digging her fingernails into her hand once more. Philip pried his girlfriend's fingers form her palm and laced them with his own. "Thank you." She whispered as Philip rapped on the door.

It surprised Theo at how quickly the door was answered. A woman that looked a lot like Theo was the one who answered the door. She assumed that this woman was the Angelica Schuyler Church. "Philip." Angelica smiled at her nephew, her nephew smiling back at her. Angelica looked at the girl who was arm and arm with her beloved nephew. "You must be Miss. Theodosia Burr." She said kindly. "Philip's always talking my ear off about you. You must really be something special."

"Oh, she is." Philip said as Angelina stepped aside, letting the couple inside her home.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Schuyler. Thank you for having me in your home." Angelica laughed as shut the door behind them. Theo looked at the woman with an alarmed look, wondering if she had already messed up.

"Oh, no dear. Call me Angelica, I insist." Theo forced a smile, letting out a very forced laugh. "I'm not a huge fan of formal." This caused Philip to laugh as his aunt led the two into her sitting room. The three sat down on the sofa and Angelica casted her nephew a look. "Philip, what are you waiting for? Go make us some tea." Theo giggled to herself as Philip groaned, got up from the sofa and entered the kitchen to make tea. "Now, I knew your mother, but I never had the chance to meet you." Theo smiled. "She was a wonderful woman, and I bet she raised one too."

Theo blushed. "Thank you. That's very kind of you." Angelica patted the young woman's hand kindly.

"You should know how much you mean to my dear nephew." Angelica said. "He visits me every week. We sit and he tells me all of the adventures you and him had been on that week." Theo laughed. "It's sweet. He talks about you like you're the only girl he's ever seen." Theo blushed again. She knew all of the prior to the meeting, but she still blushed hearing it. God, did she love this boy. "Now listen, don't go off and break this poor boy's heart."

"I couldn't even imagine." Theo said honestly. She could never hurt Philip. There's no way she would be able to live with herself if she did so. "I would never. I'm sorry if I gave—"

   "Don't fret, I know you're a good girl, and I know you'll make him happy." Philip came back into the sitting room with a teapot and three teacups all on a tray. "Good news, I like your girl." Philip smiled and placed the tray on the table.

   "I knew you would." The three filled their teacups, drank tea, and chatted until the whole teapot was empty.

   "Why don't you two go to the backyard? I'll cook up dinner and call you in when it's finished." The two nodded, first helping Angelica clean up the tea set. Angelica's backyard was something that would look absolutely beautiful as a painting. There were wildflowers everywhere, a few trees for shade, and a swing. It was beautiful. Theo always wanted a backyard like that.

   The two walked into the field of beautiful wildflowers. "I used to pick flowers for you." Philip said. Theo looked up at her tall boyfriend as he recalled memories of their childhood. "Once, I even made you a crown from them. You wore it everyday until all of the flowers wilted." Theo remembered that too. He made her feel like a princess. "My dad got mad at me for picking the good flowers." He said with a small laugh.

   "I tried baking treats for you once. It was a disaster." Theo laughed. "There was flour all over the kitchen and all in my hair when my Mum got home from the market." Philip laughed, imagining the girl with white in her dark hair. "Mum wasn't happy, but she thought it was funny." The two sat down underneath one of the large trees. For whatever reason, they liked sitting under trees. "I'm still angry with myself for not writing to you for all those years."

   "God, Theo. Don't stress about that. Look at where we are. Look at where we started. We really moved up." Theo leaned her head on the boy's broad shoulder. "We're in love, who would have thought?" He draped his arm around her, pulling her small frame closer to his body.

   "Literally everyone thought we were going to fall in love with each other, even sine we were children." Philip laughed, nodding his head in agreement. Eliza was the very first person to think so, and it kind of carried on from there.

   "Theo?" Theo looked at Philip, smiling at him. "Can I propose an idea to you?" She nodded, adjusting her sitting position so she could face him head on. "For the next three years, I'll be going to King's College. Luckily, I'm living at home, so we won't have to say goodbye, but I have an idea for after I graduate."

   "What is it?" She asked him.

   "Marry me." He said quickly. "Marry me after I graduate. We can be together forever that way. I love you, Theo. You're the only person I'd ever dream of sharing my life with. So, agree to marry me... in three years." Philip was well aware of how crazy he sounded. He sounded insane. Theo stared blankly at the boy for a few moments.

   "Okay."

—————
Bahaha I hope that was fluffy! The next chapter will be fluffy too! A HUGE THANK YOU FOR OVER 200 READS. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! :) Thank you! I love you all.