Chapter XV:

Chapter XV:

Rewind

I don't have a lot of ideas at the moment so I decided to do a flashback chapter! I hope you guys enjoy this change! This was mentioned a couple chapters ago too! Maybe you'll notice some things :)

   Mrs. Theodosia Burr and her daughter who shared her name made their way up the Hamilton house steps. Both Alexander and Aaron were both in government meetings all day, which gave their wives the chance to get together. Theodosia rapped her knuckles up against the wooden door, using her other hand to hold her daughter's. The door was quickly answered by the lady of the house, Eliza Hamilton. The woman smiled widely at her guests. "Theodosias!" She beamed. That's how Eliza addressed the two when they were together. "Come inside, it's freezing outside." Eliza stepped out of the way, welcoming the girls inside her home.

   The two girls stepped inside the Hamilton household, handing their jackets up on the hooks. Eliza led her guests to the kitchen. Both of the Theodosia's took their seats at the table. "Thank you for inviting us, Eliza." Theodosia said to her dear friend. "I know Theo has been looking forward to this for days." Theo blushed brightly as her mother patted her head.

   Theo reached up for her mother's hand, swatting it away. "Mum, my hair!" Theodosia and Eliza giggled. Eliza placed her kettle on the stove, preparing the tea for her guests. Theo quickly began fixing her hair as her mother watched. Eliza poured tea into the three teacups and placed them in front of each of the Burr girls.

   They all took sips of their tea, the two woman making small talk and the young girl listening in. Theo thought that her mother and Eliza were the smartest women on the planet. She looked up to those woman. A tall boy dashed into the kitchen, yanking on this mother's sleeve. "Mum!" He said eagerly, completely unaware of the two other girls. "Mum!"

Eliza giggled, pushing her son's hair back. "Philip, dear, we have guests. Please, relax." Philip turned his attention to the guests. Theodosia smiled warmly at the young boy. Young Theo grinned too. Philip's face got red.

"Sorry Mum, I didn't know." He said, sitting himself down at the table. "Hello Mrs. Burr, Hello Theo." Philip greeted the women.

"Philip, why don't you and Theo head outside and play? Mrs. Burr and I are going to talk about grown up things, okay?" Philip nodded, sliding off his chair. Theo hopped down off her chair, meeting Philip at the end of the table. Philip stuck out his arm and little Theo linked her arm with his. Even as a child, Philip Hamilton was a gentleman. The two went out to the backyard. The backyard was filled with all different types of flowers and grasses. Theo's eyes lit up when she saw all of the flowers.

"Woah, your backyard is like a garden." Philip smiled at the awe-filled girl. "My backyard hardly has any flowers. Most of it's vegetables, but this is so pretty!" Philip stepped in front of the girl, smiling at her.

"You can go ahead and pick some if you want." Eleven year old Philip was just as charming as sixteen year old Philip. Theo reached for the boy's hand.

"Can you come with me, Philip?" Philip nodded and the two ran off into the flowers together. Theo looked at all the flowers before her. She picked a yellowish flower up from the grass. "It looks like your eyes." She told the boy as she handed it to him.

"Yeah, it does." He told her, taking it from her and sticking it in his jacket pocket gently. Philip started picking flowers from their large backyard. After he had picked enough, he went to sit on a bench that they had in the pack yard, watching Theo pick her flowers. Young Philip began weaving weaving the flowers together.

   Theo kept wandering through the field, looking at all of the pretty flowers in her view. Theo loved flowers. She sat down in the grass, giggling to herself as she did so. Philip returned shorty, laying beside the girl. Theo turned her head, now looking at the boy. "Where'd you go?"

   "I made you something." Theo's face lit up at his words. "It's back on the bench, I didn't want to ruin it."

   Little Theo sat up and looked at her best friend. "Can I see?" Philip nodded, standing up. Theo reached for the boy's hand, and the boy reached for hers. Their fingers interlocked as they walked over to the bench with Theo's surprise. Philip picked it up off the bench as soon as they got there. "Oh Philip, it's beautiful!" Theo said, clapping her hands together. Philip stepped close to her and placed a flower crown on her head of curls.

   "You look like a princess, Theo." Philip told her, smiling widely at how happy he had made the girl. Theo blushed brightly, not trying to hide it. The girl spun around in her red dress and giggled, which caused Philip to giggle along with her. Theo flopped down onto the grass, too dizzy to stand. Philip quickly helped her up. "Are you alright?"

   Theo nodded. "Yeah, I'm just clumsy." The once bright sky was now dark and cloudy. The two looked up at the sky. "I think it's going to rain."

   "Let's go inside then." Philip put out his arm for the girl once again, and Theo gladly accepted it, linking her arm with his. The two made their way to the back door and walked inside.

   "That's the thing, Eliza. I'm afraid it'll get worse." Theodosia said softly. All the children could hear was noise. It wasn't clear enough to make out what they were saying. "I need to be around for Theo. I have to be there to watch her grow up." Eliza walked over to her friend at sat beside her, wrapping her arm around her and gently giving her a squeeze.

   "Theodosia, don't stress. You'll be there for every bit of it. You're strong, this'll pass." Theodosia smiled at her friend, hugging her back. The children entered the kitchen, muttering to themselves. "Children, you're inside?" Eliza asked.

   "It was going to rain, Mrs. Hamilton!" Theo said, hopping onto her mother's lap. "Philip made me a crown, Mum! He made me a princess!" Philip smiled proudly at his achievement and Eliza looked over at her son, smiling at her son.

   "That was very kind of him." Theodosia said, placing a kiss on her daughter's head. "Eliza, more tea?" Eliza nodded, getting up to get the kettle. She poured more tea as the rain started to hit the roof of the home. After the rain passed, Theodosia decided it was time to leave. On their way out, Theodosia threw the napkin she coughed into away. The napkin was covered with blood.

—————
Guys! I felt so good writing this chapter! I think I may just be getting back into my groove! Anyway, thank you for reading this little flashback! I love you all!

Who watched Renée, Phillipa, and Jasmine sing America The Beautiful? It was incredible! #sisterhood!

Also, I want to give lovemaci1105 a shoutout! You're so sweet and I appreciate all your feedback! Thank you!