Chapter XXXXIII:

Chapter XXXXIII:

Stay Alive

1...

2...

3...

4...

5...

6...

7... boom.

Philip Hamilton hadn't even turned around and he already had a bullet had entered just above his hip and got lodged in his right arm. The injured young man put his hand on his wound before falling to the ground. Georges Washington de Lafayette rushed over to his best friend, cursing at the shooter. "You coward! You shot at seven, you bastard!" Georges placed his hands over the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "Someone get him to a doctor! Send for his parents! Send for his fiancée!" People nearby did as Georges commanded.

   Georges and helpers brought Philip to the nearest hospital, where he was going to be treated. The friend of the injured was trying to stay as calm as possible, but his best friend was bleeding out. He wasn't allowed inside where the doctor was treating Philip. I should have stopped him. I should have stopped Philip.

   The room where Georges was waiting went from silent to loud very quickly. "Where is my son?" Alexander Hamilton yelled as he entered the doctor's building. The doctor had heard and stepped out into the room.

   "Mr. Hamilton, come in. They brought him in a half an hour ago. He lost a lot of blood on the way over." The doctor brought Alexander in, but left Georges outside. He wasn't family, he couldn't go in. Out of anger, Georges slammed his fist against the wall.

   "Is he alive?" Alexander asked, pain flooding his voice. His son. Shot.

   "Yes. But you have to understand, the bullet entered just above his hip and lodged in his right arm." Alexander's son. Shot. With his own guns.

   "Can I see him please?" Alexander pleaded, grabbing at the doctor. Philip.

   "I'm doing everything I can, but the wound was already infected when he arrived." Alexander had finally reached his son, who was laying on a table, wrapped up like injured soldiers during the war.

   "Philip." Alexander said, dashing to his son's side, boosting up his head.

   Philip could hardly speak. "Pa." He spat softly. "I did exactly as you said, Pa. I held my head up high."

   Alexander was trembling. "I know, I know, shh. You did everything just right." He told his son, smoothing back his curls.

   "Even before we got to ten—" Philip winced in pain. "I was aiming for the sky. I was aiming for the sky." He forced out the words.

   "I know, I know. Save your strength and
Stay alive." Suddenly, a door swung open and Eliza Hamilton rushed to her son's side. "Eliza."

   "Is he breathing? Is he going to survive this?" Eliza cried, holding her son tightly. "Who did this, Alexander, did you know?" The woman cast a glance in her husband's direction.

   "Mom, I'm so sorry for forgetting what you taught me." The counting. Philip thought that he had forgotten how to count. His mother had taught him that.

   "My son." Eliza cried.

   "We played piano."

   "I taught you piano."

   "You would put your hands on mine." Philip told his mother, remembering the times.

   "You would change the melody every time." Eliza told her son, forcing a small, weak smile on her face.

   "Ha. I would always change the line." Philip always did change the line. The parents held their son as the door opened again. Georges and Theodosia.

   Theo ran to the free side, joined by Georges afterwards. Philip slowly looked over at Theo. She was already a mess. She had been sobbing on the way into town. She took his hand in hers. "No, no, no." Theo said softly, shaking her head. This couldn't be happening.

   Philip coughed, which frightened everyone at the young man's side. "You were right, love." Philip said, smiling weakly at the girl.

   Theo grazed his cheek softly. "Of course I was." She joked, which got a small laugh from Philip. "My love." Theo said softly. "Stay alive for me." She begged him once more. "Stay alive for us."

   Philip's breaths were getting shorter. By that time, everyone really knew what was going to happen. It was inevitable. "Don't worry, we're still getting married in two weeks." Theo nodded. "And Georges will be the best man, right, buddy?" Georges nodded too. "It'll be the best day." Alexander and Eliza nodded.

   It was silent. Only so much time was left. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." Eliza said.

   Philip smiled softly. "Un, deux, trois, quatre,
cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf." Philip repeated.

   "Good." Everyone said in unison. "Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf."

   "Un deux trois..."

   "Sept, huit, neuf—" Eliza said, shaking her head in denial. Georges walked away from the table. He couldn't look. "Sept, huit." Eliza threw herself at her son, releasing heart-wrenching sobs. Alexander held his son. Theo, she held his weak hand. One last time.

   One second, Philip was breathing. Then all of the sudden... he wasn't.

—————
I'M SO SORRY. I'M SO SORRY. I'm crying right now just writing this, but I've had this planned since the very beginning of the story. I HAD TO.

BUT... This isn't the end. There's still three more chapters left in this story. So please, stick around for the end. I think you guys will like what I have planned.

Anyway, I love you all so much. Thank you so much for the constant support and love! Thank you! Sorry for the emotional distress.