Chapter Two

Song for this chapter:

· What Lies Beneath by Breaking Benjamin

· Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

Jade's POV

All I could see was darkness. A peaceful and beautiful void of nothingness. No pain, no problems.

Beep beep beep

I felt something cold being pressed against my chest. A shock was sent throughout my body. My entire body rose and fell. "Clear!" An unknown voice yelled and I felt yet another shock being sent through my body.

The void became bigger and soon after the third shock, I felt and saw nothing. " This is where I belong, maybe I am dead. It's so peaceful." I thought to myself.

"Harry. " I giggled as he wrapped his arms around me and begun spinning me around.

"Jade, baby." He laughed.

He placed me down on the ground and pressed a kiss upon my lips. We laced our fingers together and begun walking to school.

The crisp autumn air smelt wonderful. The leaves that were laying on the ground, complimented the wonderful season. I loved it there, at least there I had Harry.

Then everything turned dark. The sky became gloomy and the leaves that were covering the ground turned to a black color.

I looked to Harry and his normally beautiful green eyes were black. He had a sick smile etched across his face. He released my hand and grabbed my shoulders with both hands and begun shaking me.

"Louis, bet that I could make you fall in love with me in less than 6 months, and guess what you did." He cackled. "Thank you for helping me win the bet"

Harry's POV

I couldn't figure out what had happened, or how much drugs Jade had taken. The doctors had to resuscitate her. She was dead upon arrival, but they managed to bring her back. Jade had yet to wake up since her arrival, and it had begun to scare me.

Jade looked so different than what she did while she lived in the UK, and worse of all the gleam that used to be in her eyes was gone. She looked empty and broken, and I hated it.

I called her brother Liam and told him what had happened. Liam said that he had not been in contact with Jade over 2 years. He said he had seen her on campus a few times but every time that he tried to speak to her, she ran away.  He told me that he was in the UK for a funeral but he would be boarding a plane and that he would arrive by seven in the morning.

I still could not understand why I even wanted to sit at her bedside. I guess it was because I felt guilty. I knew I was who was to blame on who Jade had become. The scars that were present on her arms were a loud reminder that I messed her up. She never used to do anything rebellious. She never smoked, drank or did drugs. So, I couldn't figure out why did she decided to start doing them.

The Doctor's said that she had THC, heroin and ecstasy in her blood. They also said that she was anemic, which means she did not have enough iron in her blood. By the way her body looked, I felt like she wasn't even getting enough food in her system either.

When she arrived the doctor's found a 3 bottles of pills within the contents of her purse. Prozac, Oxycodone, and Vicodin. They said that the Prozac was the only medicine that was prescribed to her.

But what bothered me the most is that she didn't go by the name Jade, instead everyone called her Juliet, but why?

Jade moved in the hospital bed and her face turned my direction. Beads of sweat glistened on her forehead, so I grabbed the cloth that was on the table and wiped it off of her forehead.

"I can't do this" She mumbled and I automatically frowned at her words.

"Failure." Her body turned slightly at the word.

"What a waste " She mumbled yet again.

I never meant to hurt her so severely. I never thought that letter would hurt her as much as it did, but obviously I was wrong.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, but I knew that she couldn't hear me.

This wasn't how I had planned my first week at University to go. I had planned to go to a few parties but there I was at Jade's bedside, praying to a god that I knew she didn't believe in.