Chapter Eight

Songs for this chapter:

· A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope

· Intensity In Ten Cities by Chiodos

• Ocean Eyes by Billie Eilish

• You Should See Me In A Crown by Billie Eilish

Harry's POV

It had been a day since Jade had arrived at my flat, and she had yet to say a single word to me. The only time that she talked was when Liam had told her what room she would be staying in and all that she did say was a thank you. I ordered pizza the night that we arrived, I made sure to get what I remembered was her favorite, Ham, Pineapple and with extra cheese but Jade never left the room, except to go to the restroom every couple of hours. The only sign that she was there other than her having to use the restroom was the smell of her cigarettes and her cotton candy perfume.

Around ten that morning, I was the only one that was awake in the flat. I was in the kitchen cooking bacon, I had planned on making everyone breakfast, but my mind was not entirely into the cooking, instead it was consumed of thoughts and memories of when Jade and I were together.

I did not know how to apologize to Jade for how I had treated her in the UK. How I had lied to her about our relationship. Our entire relationship was a lie. It all started as a bet with Louis.

I was working with Jade when Louis entered the bakery. Louis saw how innocent Jade was and he was as malicious as I was back then. He sat down with me and dared me to make her fall for me in under six months, he said if I could he would give me a thousand and help me to go to university. I didn't really understand why he wanted to make the bet but because of my ego I accepted.

It all started small, asking her out on dates. Taking her to movies, sneaking kisses at work. Three months into our relationship, we had sex and she whispered to me that she loved me, I lied to her and told her it back. We moved into a flat together a week after I took her virginity with her parents approval and that was when everything went down hill.

In the 5th month of our relationship I tried to be distant towards her, to act as if I did not care about her but in all honesty, I prayed that she would leave me. On the day that marked out half-year anniversary, I left her that note. I never gave it a single second thought about how she would handle it, instead I was happy that was finally released from the bet that I had with Louis.

I had won the bet, I had made her fall in love with me. And I destroyed her single-handedly. I never thought the note would have caused her so much pain. I could never even dream of the effect that it would cause on her.

"Harry! " I heard Liam yell from behind me. I glanced down at the skillet on the stove. The bacon that I was cooking had burnt. I made a face of disgust and turned off the burner of the stove.

"Jade, has her guitar lesson in about a half hour. She wants to know if you will drive her?" Liam asked and I nodded. He smiled and walked away to the room that Jade is staying in.

I opened up the rubbish bin and dropped the burnt bacon inside of it. I guess we will get something to eat on the way there. I walked out of the kitchen and went to my room. I dressed myself and started walking out of my room.

Jade met me in the hallway with her guitar in her hands. She didn't even look up, she didn't speak either. She just stood there waiting for me to walk ahead of her. I sighed and walked in front of her and took a seat on the living room couch.

Liam appeared beside me a minute later and told me the address to where Jade's lesson was. We all left my flat and walked to my car. Jade took a seat in the back and lit a cigarette. She opened the window a little to ash the cigarette before she grabbed her phone with the other hand and soon I heard a My Chemical Romance song playing through her headphones.