Chapter Ninety

Songs For This Chapter:

· Moments - One Direction

· Never Say Never - The Fray

· Better Than Words - One Direction

· I'm A Mess - Ed Sheeran

Harry's POV

After the Medics pulled my beautiful bird from my arms, everything became nothing but a blur. I don't know how long I sat on Jade's couch,  hell, I don't even remember driving to the hospital that day.  All I do remember was that Emily slapped me in the face, demanding that I get off my arse and go to the hospital with her.

Emily,  bless her soul. She took the initiative and rounded everything up before we left. She had Jade's purse,  Jade's birth certificate and her passport, and it saved a lot of hassle  at the hospital. She did something that I should've done, simply because she loved Jade.

I looked down at Jade and smiled, her chest was slowly rising and falling. You have no idea how happy I was to see her breathing correctly.

Jade had alcohol poisoning and the pills harmed the lining of her stomach.  They had to pump her stomach and give her medicine. Jade wasn't in a coma, but they had  her so doped up on morphine that she had slept most of the time.  She woke up earlier that evening when Emily was there. Emily told me that Jade needed to speak with me, so that's what  I was doing, just sitting at her bedside and waiting for her to wake up from her slumber. I thought I lost her and it scared the hell out of me.

I knew from the first time that I saw Jade that I had to have her. I had to have her all to myself. I was greedy and broke her heart simply for money,  but I repaired it with love. It sounds cliche, I know. But it's the truth. My actions back then were harsh, aggressive and domineering.  But I think Jade changed me. She helped me become a better person,  she helped me learn how to love someone other than myself. 

Emily and I had been taking turns at the hospital,  I stayed  during Emily's classes and she stayed  during mine.  After 8:30 visiting hours were over and I would be sent home. And what did I do when I went home? I cried myself to sleep, because it was all my fault. 

I asked Emily to get Jade's cotton candy perfume for me. She did and from that point on whenever  I arrived at home, I sprayed my pillows with it. It sounds strange, but it helped me. In a way it made me feel as if she was in the bed with me.

I watched Jade run into Tyler's arms multiple times, I've  watched him show her the love that she deserved.  Maybe Tyler deserved Jade more than I did.

But I was also greedy and I was not going to  let Jade go that easily. Tyler may have loved Jade, Emily may have loved Jade, but I was in love with her. Jade wasn't in love with either of them,  she was in love with me. Jade believed that she was blessed because she got to call me hers, but what she didn't realize was that I was the one that was blessed because I got to call her mine.

" Kitten." I said  softly.  " I wish you'd wake up. I want to see those pretty blue eyes."

After sitting at Jade's bedside for three more hours,  it was 8:30 and visiting time had ended. I gathered up all of my belongings before standing up from the bedside chair and pressed my lips to  Jade's forehead. " I love you." I said softly.  " Hopefully I'll be able to talk to you tomorrow.  Sweet dreams, love. "

I looked down at her again  and frowned,  my broken girl. I pulled myself away from her bedside and walked to the door. I opened it and gave Jade one quick glance.  " I love you." I repeated before stepping out into the hallway,  closing the door to my girl for the second night in a row.