Chapter Seventy Eight

Songs For This Chapter:

· Ten Feet Tall - Afrojack

· Something Great - One Direction

· Ribs - Lorde

· Say Goodnight - Cher Lloyd

Jade's POV

Harry's Mum never called back, it had been over a week and not a single word had came from her.  Harry had became more and more distant.  I couldn't really understand the sudden change of heart. I truly hoped that he hadn't changed his mind about our relationship.

" Class dismissed. " Professor Bennett, my German teacher said from behind his desk.

I rolled my eyes before gathering up my books and sliding out of my desk. I quickly walked to the door and exited the classroom.  I had been debating on whether or not to skip my last two classes.  I just was not not feeling it that day.

I could hear footsteps approaching from behind me as I walked towards the exit of the building.   "Jade!" I heard Tyler yell from behind me.

"Yeah?" I said through clinched teeth. 

"How are you? " He asked as he finally reached me.

"I'm erm good?"

"That's good." He smiled.

I need to get away from him. "I have to go, I have a lunch date." I lied.

"With Harry right?"

"Yeah." I replied. 

"Are you coming, babe?" Samantha said, suddenly appearing beside him.

"Hi Samantha. " I smiled. 

"Hi Juliet. " Samantha replied with an equally fake smile.  "What are y'all talking about? "

"Tyler is talking about my boyfriend." I answered her. "I really must go now, he's waiting for me."

"Alright. " Tyler said, turning his head away from Samantha to face me. "Just remember I have a reason to hate your boyfriend.  I wanted to  tell you that because we used to be such great friends.  And now that you and him are together I have to worry about you all the time."

"Harry treats me very well  so you have nothing to worry about Nonetheless our relationship is really none of your business."

"I'm just trying to help." He screamed. "I miss you,  honestly I do."

"Help?" I scoffed.  "You think your helping me by always causing me to stress out? Whenever I see you, you always have something bad to say about Harry. "

"What don't you understand, Juliet?  As I've told you so many times before he's just using you. Once he's tired off you he'll just drop you like a piece of trash. "

"And what about you? You're not a saint either! You love to  talk badly about my boyfriend but am I the only one who remembers me helping you find girls to go back to your flat every night?  You were a man-whore, and you have the audacity to call Harry one. You're a hypocritical prick."

"Tyler, let's go please. " Samantha begged,  pulling on his right arm. "I'm very hungry."

"Give me a minute." Tyler murmured to Samantha. "What would you say if I told you I have proof that he's only using you?"

"I'd tell you to show me the proof.  But obviously you just like to talk shit so I'm leaving now. Please refrain from speaking to me until you have said proof." I said and begun walking  away.

I guessed I would go back to my flat. Tyler had definitely ruined my mood. I exited the building and begun walking to my flat. I opened up my purse and removed a cigarette from my pack of Marlboro Menthols. I then grabbed my lighter and lit it.

Normally when I walked I would have my phone but  I left it at my flat with Harry just incase his Mum called.  I continued taking drags from my cigarette.  Tyler's words kept running through my head. "What would you say if I had proof? "

When I finally got to my flat building, entered it and begun walking up the stairs. Hopefully Harry will be up and I can take him out to lunch.

As I reached the forth floor, I furrowed my eyes in confusion.  I could hear 'Back in black' by ACDC echoing throughout the entire hallway.  I started walking towards my flat and the music got louder.

Once I got to my flat door, I removed my keys from my purse and unlocked the door. I shut the flat door behind me, went directly to the stereo and shut it off. Seriously he had it at max volume and someone could've called campus security.   "Oi, who shut off my music? " I heard Harry yell from my bedroom.

I threw my books down onto the coffee table and begun walking to my bedroom.  "Harry,  why did you have the stereo so loud?" I yelled.

"Jade!" He responded in a yell.

"Babe?" I said as I reached the doorway of my bedroom.  "Are you okay?"

Harry threw his legs off of my bed, stood up and grabbed  a bottle of Jack Daniels from the nightstand.   "Are you plastered? " I asked as I walked slowly over to him

"M-My Step Dad called. " He replied before taking a swig from his bottle of Jack Daniels.   Without warning Harry snaked his left arm around my waist and planted a drunken kiss up on my lips. " I missed you, Jade."

"I missed you." I replied and as he removed his arm from around my waist.

I grabbed his left hand in my right and pulled him towards the bed. "Here let's sit down, yeah?"

Harry nodded,  smiling and sat down on the edge of my bed. I sat down beside him and turned my head to face him. "What did he say?"

"Mum is in the hospital. " He sobbed drunkenly.  "She had a heart attack. "

"You need to go and see her."  I said softly while raising my left hand and beginning to run my fingers through his curls.

"What about class?"

"Just tell your professors why you have to  miss class for a few days. I'm sure that they'll understand. "

"B-But I can't go alone.  You'll come with me right? "

"Of course, love.  Of course. "

A/N: Sorry if this isn't the best chapter.  My depression stuck me down today and I'm really not in the best mood to write. I'm so sorry :-/

Question of the chapter: What do you think of Harry's reaction about the news about his Mum? And what do you think will happen when Anne and Jade meet face to face yet again?