Chapter Three

Song for this chapter:

· What Went Wrong by Blink 182
Breakeven by The Script
• Life Is A Bore by Bird And Bryon

Jade's POV

I did not really know where I was. I could not open my eyes and all I could hear was an annoying beeping sound repeating over and over.

I could not figure out if I was dead or if I was alive. I did not want to be dead, but I really had nothing to look forward to in my life, maybe I deserved to be dead. I had no one that would even care if I died. Nobody would have cried over my death. Nobody would even go to the funeral and at least I would have been with my parents.

I knew that I truly had nothing to live for. Nothing at all. Everyone that I had ever loved have left me.My Mum, My Dad, My Brother, and my first love. I was never good enough for any of them, I doubted that I would have ever been good enough.

"I'm sorry" I couldn't figure out who was talking to me.

"Jade, can you hear me?"

I knew that the person in the room was not my roommate, or Tyler. The voice was husky and deep, and in a way it made me feel a little bit of warmth within my aching bones. What bothered me the most was that nobody had called me Jade since I had left the UK. I changed my name upon arrival in the US. I did not want anyone to call me a name that reminded me of so much pain.

Harry's POV

"Jade, can you hear me?" I asked as I grabbed a hold of her hand. "Jade?" I looked down at her hand. The fake gold ring that I gave her on her eighteen birthday was on her right index finger. Why would she keep it? And most importantly why was she wearing it?

I sighed as I finally gave up on getting a response from her. I had never loved Jade when we lived in the UK, but Jade did love me. She annoyed me to no end, and after a while the bet that I had with Louis got tiring and I wanted to end it, but I couldn't and when I finally did, it ruined Jade.

I always regretted leaving her that letter. After I left that night, I just went to Louis' house and got drunk. I remember being drunk, sobbing on Louis' restroom floor. I remember running to the flat, while I was drunk to apologize but when I opened the door all of her belongings were gone.

The next morning there was a knock at the door. "It's open." I yelled.

I heard the door open and close, and a jet lagged Liam appeared beside me moments later. I stood up and hugged him and he sobbed into my shoulder.

"What happened? " He choked out.

"Liam, sit down okay? and I'll go get the doctor to explain. "

I walked out and found the doctor. I explained that Jade's brother was had arrived and we walked back to Jade's hospital room. We both stepped in and noticed that Liam was slowly calming down.

"Hello, Mr. Payne I presume?"

" Yes, sir." Liam nodded.

"Ms. Payne is mentally ill. I have spoken with her psychologist and she said that she has depression. She also stated that she is possibly suicidal and is anorexic. The iron in her blood is extremely low, which means that she is also anemic. When she arrived we had to resuscitate her. We believe that she had an overdose on Ecstasy. We also found THC in her blood, which means that she smokes marijuana and heroin in her system. We had to put her into a medicinal coma, she most likely will wake in a few hours. But what I am mostly concerned about is her mental state. When she arrived here I noticed many cuts and scars on her body, which I believe they are self-inflicted. I suggest that she gets the psychological help that she desperately needs." He took a pamphlet from the clipboard that he was holding and reached his arm out to hand it to Liam. Liam took it and looked down at it. "Here is a list of local rehabilitation centers in the area. I suggest that you look through the options." Liam nodded and the doctor walked away leaving only Liam, Jade and I in the room.

Liam sat back down and I took a place beside him. "It'll be okay Liam." I tried to reassure him but he just shook his head.

"This is my fault." he sobbed. "I wasn't there for her after Mum and Dad died. I didn't even try to look out for her. I'm the worst brother, I let her down. "

I shook my head. "No, this is my fault. Painful as it is to admit but it's the truth. I made her that way. I had fucked her up." I didn't really know that I was crying until Liam wiped away a tear from my face.

Just when Liam had finally managed to calm down, the hospital door swung open. A girl with brown hair and a boy with brown and blonde hair ran into the room. The girl was full on sobbing as she looked at Jade from across the room. They also looked familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on where I had saw them from.