Chapter Four

Song for this chapter:

·The Kill by 30 Seconds To Mars

. Pretending - HIM

Harry's POV

"Oh my god, it's true." The brunette girl screamed as she threw herself into the mans arms. "Ni, it's my fault, I shouldn't have given her two."

"Em, baby, it's nobody's fault. Nobody knew this would happen." The man tried to reassure her.

Without warning, the girl removed herself from the mans arms. She ran across the room and started to shake Jade's shoulders with her tiny hands. "Wake up, Jules!" She screamed. "Don't you fucking do this to me. I can't lose you. I almost lost you once, I don't think I'll survive it again. Come on, you can make it. You're a survivor. You survived Damon's abuse, you can survive this. Please, show me a sign that you can hear me. Please, I'm begging you."

Neither Liam nor I knew who the girl was talking about. Although the name Damon did sound familiar, it was hard to know who she was talking about because there was thousands of people on campus. What she said did get to me, a lot actually. Jade had been abused, she had to have been in an abusive relationship. I was fuming that someone laid a hand on Jade, and by the look that was on Liam's face, I could tell that he was angry also.

The girl screamed for a couple more minutes, but Jade just continued to lie in her hospital bed. She made no movement whatsoever, and the girl had became more and more agitated by the seconds. " Wake the fuck up!"

The man walked across the room and over to her. He wrapped his arms around her, and pulled the small girl into his chest. "C'mon Em, you need to sit down."

" I can't." She sobbed into his chest.

" Yes, you can baby, come sit down. He replied and she finally nodded into his chest.

"I'm sorry for being so rude, we didn't introduce ourselves. I'm Niall Horan. And she's. " He turned his head to the girls direction. "She's Emma Johnson, my girlfriend and Juliet's roommate." He smiled, as the lot of them sat down. I watched as the man nervously nibbled on his lip ring.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Liam Payne, Jade's brother." Liam smiled.

"Who's Jade? That is Juliet" Niall asked.

" No, her real name is Jade Juliana Payne. I don't really know why she's going by the name of Juliet."Liam stated.

"Sorry, babe. Juliet hates being called Jade. She told me once that the last person that called her that was her ex. I think his name was Harry or Harold Styles or something of that sort."

I loudly gulped the knot that had been forming in my throat at the dropping of my name. Had Jade really told them about me?

"Anyway, he broke her heart. So she tells everyone that her name is Juliet, because the name Jade brings back too many bad memories." She finished.

"And what's your name mate?" Niall asked me.

"My erm, my name is Harry."

"And what's your last name?" Niall chuckled.

I looked down, "Styles. My name's Harry Styles. And I erm, I am her ex" I said, in which followed by a loud gasp. I looked up and saw Emma's mouth had dropped open, and she was scowling at me.

"You're Harry Styles, the Harry Styles that broke her fucking heart?" She asked, and I shamefully nodded.

"You fucking prick! What the fuck are you doing here? Do you get some sick fucking pleasure to see her in this state? Is this what gets your rock's off huh?" She screamed.

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "No, I don't enjoy seeing her like this. I don't like it at all. I never imagined that I had done this much damage to her."

Emma took her phone out of her pocket. She looked at it for a few seconds. She then she stood up and walked over to me. " Open your hands!" She spat. I followed her orders ad opened up my right hand and she placed it into the palm of my hand. " Look at the picture." She demanded.

I looked down at it. It was a picture of Jade with a red face and puffy eyes. Obviously she had cried while it was taken. "Look in her eyes!" She yelled. I looked back at the picture and then back at her. " Do you see it?" She asked.

"See what? " I replied.

"You're killing her." She murmured. "Are you that fucking oblivious?"

"Oblivious to what?" I yelled back.

"All she ever wanted was you. All she truly needs is you. Sort out your shit, I don't like to see her killing herself over you." She yelled back.

"God damn it, I'm at her bedside aren't I?" I cursed. " Would you stop attacking me and sit down, please. I am stressed out also, and you screaming at me is not helping."

"Stop fighting guys, I think she's waking up." Liam yelled.

In an instant, the entire room went silent. And sure enough Jade was slowly opening her eyes. I was happy that she was finally waking up, but I was scared of what she would think when she saw me at her bedside, I had to at least hope for the best and that she would understand why I was there.